Kemar Roofe Rumours

Watched the video, his goal celebrations are far too erratic and inconsistent.
Shoosh to hysteria, to tortured genius, to knee slide, to aeroplane, to shirt over the head, to run to crowd, to hand signals.
It won’t do, it really won’t.

You forgot the honeypot, my favourite of his.

Difference is Roofe is a 27 yo injury prone striker,whereas Alfie was 20 yo striker desperate to succeed.
Can't get excited about this guy, but would obviously love to be wrong.

This rumour that he’s injury prone is incorrect, he’s had one unlucky season with injuries.

b50b3929353bfd86d8faf3ea3e622930565c6fc4r1-468-247_hq.gif

The facts are Zungu has played 100 games since 2015. Even though Roofe has had some injuries himself, he’s played far more games than Zungu over the same period.
Yup. And his lack of games can entirely be explained by the two injuries and when they happened. He had returned to full fitness and was playing regularly before the new year. Some of the comments have made it sound like he's constantly limping off and suffering from lots of niggles. He's not. The idea he's 'plagued' by injury is just stupid.

Anyway, this isn't about him. This is about Kemar Roofe. Get it done Rangers!

Good we badly need a fit and focussed striker if we are to win anything this year Morelos has not impressed me at all with the level of fitness for a while now.
I still think we need one more striker and improvement in midfield we have too many stoppers and not enough goalscoring midfielders.

I was surprised Leeds let him go so cheaply, especially as they only had Bamford upfront once he went.
He will do well for us. Leads the line and will come infield to flick on headers behind the defence, which could compliment Kent’s pace, or Defoe’s style. He was always quite robust, so won’t have any problems with the thugs up here, and can find the net.
As above, it is all about his fitness and ability to stay fit for 50-60 games.
This could be another shrewd move by Ross.

For those saying Roofe is injury prone - he's had one calf injury that kept him out for a month in 18/19. An ankle injury that he picked up in preseason last year and kept him out until the start of September. And finally a calf injury in January that kept him out until the football was suspended.

Before those three injuries, he had *zero* injuries, and he's been playing regular first team football since 2014.

It looks to me as if he had rehabilitation issues, rather than he was injury prone. From 15/16 to 18/19, he played over 10,000 minutes of league football alone.

Anderlecht have signed a striker

Kemar Roofe is on its way to Scotland. Anderlecht and Rangers FC have agreed on a transfer for the 27-year-old striker.

here is his best 10 goals
lovely range of goals. seems to get up well

Difference is Roofe is a 27 yo injury prone striker,whereas Alfie was 20 yo striker desperate to succeed.
Can't get excited about this guy, but would obviously love to be wrong.
What is his injury history? Can you layout how bad it is for us.

I was surprised Leeds let him go so cheaply, especially as they only had Bamford upfront once he went.
He will do well for us. Leads the line and will come infield to flick on headers behind the defence, which could compliment Kent’s pace, or Defoe’s style. He was always quite robust, so won’t have any problems with the thugs up here, and can find the net.
I read that Leeds were forced into it as they needed the money to comply with Financial Fair Play Rules.

Would be a good signing in theory. I too am worried about his recent injury(ies) but sometime you get footballers with one long term injury and with proper treatment it doesn’t reoccur.

If he’s been training with us, could it be a trial? Make a deal with Anderlecht, successful trial, agree personal terms.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Borna
Jack
Aribo Hagi
Roofe Morelos Kent​
:))

think he had one year left and I assume he’s either said he won’t extend deal or Leeds wanted the dosh.

sure they punted another couple players with one year left at a similar time

For those saying Roofe is injury prone - he's had one calf injury that kept him out for a month in 18/19. An ankle injury that he picked up in preseason last year and kept him out until the start of September. And finally a calf injury in January that kept him out until the football was suspended.

Before those three injuries, he had *zero* injuries, and he's been playing regular first team football since 2014.

It looks to me as if he had rehabilitation issues, rather than he was injury prone. From 15/16 to 18/19, he played over 10,000 minutes of league football alone.
Careful there with your actual facts and correct info :D

No footballer is injury free. We need to trust the club. His ability is not in doubt.

I don’t want him due to his injury record, players who are constantly injured never seen to go a season without a recurrence. This season is too important to rely on him no matter how good a fit he would be.
Doesn’t sound like you have a vote bud . Life’s what you make it lol

Roofe is a technically very gifted player.

Not many people will be aware but Warburton had him as a target when he was at Oxford.

Are you saying his pitch geography is excellent?

I jest, seen a fair bit of him at Leeds and if he is still that player, or better, then we will be delighted with him.

Really rated him.

Exciting times indeed Mr Gerrard .

Would be a good signing in theory. I too am worried about his recent injury(ies) but sometime you get footballers with one long term injury and with proper treatment it doesn’t reoccur.

If he’s been training with us, could it be a trial? Make a deal with Anderlecht, successful trial, agree personal terms.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Borna
Jack
Aribo Hagi
Roofe Morelos Kent​
:))
Balogun ahead of Helander

Anderlecht have signed a striker

Kemar Roofe is on its way to Scotland. Anderlecht and Rangers FC have agreed on a transfer for the 27-year-old striker.

here is his best 10 goals
Going by that video he'll score for fun up here, looks lethal when given good service.

People talking about games he missed last year need to remember it wasn't the regular length of season.

Back