Roofe & Jack

Jack was in the squad for the game in Gibraltar too. Doesn't mean the match day squad, unfortunately. We know there's going to be a period out for them for certain.

How do you know this?
He told Rangers TV: "He's been sent for a scan. We originally thought it might have been a bit of tightness in his calf. He thought it was tightness.

"On assessment it was looking that way, but something showed up so he's going to be missing in the short-term."

Not being removed from the European squad doesn't mean anything.

For this fixture, we had to submit an initial squad last Friday. We can make 2 changes up to midnight on the day before so it could still change.

Jack and Roofe were definitely added from the list that was supplied from before the Red Imps game.

I’m guessing it’s better to add Roofe and take him out if necessary. But there isn’t really anyone to replace him with registration wise if Aribo/Barker/Balogun are injured and missing the game.

Really hope it is only something short term for Roofe. He’s been great for a player still to find full fitness and sharpness.

He told Rangers TV: "He's been sent for a scan. We originally thought it might have been a bit of tightness in his calf. He thought it was tightness.

"On assessment it was looking that way, but something showed up so he's going to be missing in the short-term."

Short term could mean anything.

Short term could mean anything.
Something showing up in the scan isn't good. This is a player who has missed 6-8 games in each of the last three seasons due to a calf injury. Gerrard certainly suggested we are not looking at that kind of severity but don't expect him to play in the next few weeks.

A couple of injured player's were also listed in the squad for the Red Imps game.

For this fixture, we had to submit an initial squad last Friday. We can make 2 changes up to midnight on the day before so it could still change.

Jack and Roofe were definitely added from the list that was supplied from before the Red Imps game.

I’m guessing it’s better to add Roofe and take him out if necessary. But there isn’t really anyone to replace him with registration wise if Aribo/Barker/Balogun are injured and missing the game.

When was Balogun injured he was on the bench at the weekend and didn’t even get on
The pitch ??

When was Balogun injured he was on the bench at the weekend and didn’t even get on
The pitch ??
Sorry I was more meaning he was ‘injured’ at the time of the original submission of the squad list for next week. If he’s good to go, we’ll probably see him take the place of Jones or Firth in the Euro squad.

Sorry I was more meaning he was ‘injured’ at the time of the original submission of the squad list for next week. If he’s good to go, we’ll probably see him take the place of Jones or Firth in the Euro squad.

I was wondering thought he was injured again and I missed it.

Why do you think Anderlecht spent £7m and sold him for £3m.

I know. It’s frustrating enough that we spent a fee on two number 9s and failed to strengthen CM. Especially when anybody can see, despite being a very good player, that Roofe is a liability in terms of fitness.

I know. It’s frustrating enough that we spent a fee on two number 9s and failed to strengthen CM. Especially when anybody can see, despite being a very good player, that Roofe is a liability in terms of fitness.
Gerrard was counting on Morelos money , bought his replacements in advance and now can’t strengthen midfield which is top priority.

In the case of Ryan Jack is it not to just keep our quota of Scottish players etc?
It doesn’t really make a difference here due to us not actually having that many home grown players. I think only 3 qualify (Jack, Arfield, Stewart) as nation grown players so if he wasn’t registered, there wouldn’t be anyone to take his place anyway.

Speaking to a Leeds fan who said if we can keep Roofe fit for at least half the season we will be very lucky.

So that's just great!

How reliable are Transfermarkt. Anderlecht signed Roofe for £5.4m and sold him to us for £4.5m, according to them?
Not very reliable they have the Barisic fee at £2.2 million and Katic at £2 million but Gerrard said the fees were no where near that around the time they signed

How do you know this?

it was initially reported that it was just tightness in his calf muscle and a precaution.

Then, before HIV’s, it was confirmed it needs a scan to assess extent of injury.

All that suggests there is basically no chance Roofe will be playing Thursday and also suggests he will missing for a few weeks if the scan reveals damage

Back