Roofe

Worth the gamble, which never paid off. However, in the Europa final, he presented an opportunity for Kent to win it literally with the last kick of the ball, if it went in it would not have mattered how much he cost.

Link not working.
ADMM6p1.png

There's an alternative universe out there where Roofe, Helander, Hagi, Lawrence and Jack don't pick up career ruining injuries and we're on for four in a row this season. It's been torture having them all permanently on the sidelines while we've toiled on the park. It's a shame but it'll be a relief to have at least three of them off the books.
Couldn’t agree more! Add in Alfie to that list and maybe even Steven Davis and we could have won 4 in a row, a European final and a few more cups! But then where would we have been as a club had Mols not got injured in 99? Just seems we are desperately unlucky with injuries as a whole.

Couldn’t agree more! Add in Alfie to that list and maybe even Steven Davis and we could have won 4 in a row, a European final and a few more cups! But then where would we have been as a club had Mols not got injured in 99? Just seems we are desperately unlucky with injuries as a whole.
Recent years have been a nightmare. Even the likes of Dorrans and Murphy got hobbled before being able to make a contribution. Waghorn never really bounced back from the injury at Rugby Park either.

I really hope Clement is right when he says he's identified the issues with injuries. Solve that problem and we're halfway there in terms of the league.

Recent years have been a nightmare. Even the likes of Dorrans and Murphy got hobbled before being able to make a contribution. Waghorn never really bounced back from the injury at Rugby Park either.

I really hope Clement is right when he says he's identified the issues with injuries. Solve that problem and we're halfway there in terms of the league.
He made a comment in the last press conference when asked about what he'd learned from this season, regarding not waiting until the end of this season to take action on the injury situation. It sounded a lot like there is some deep unhappiness with the medical/physio staff at the club.

It’s not just the club that need looked at - whether it’s medical staff, training, the wrong type of players etc - we also need to ask serious questions about the standard of refereeing. How many of these injuries have been the result of a shocking tackle that isn’t even shown a red card! Lundstrams horrific tackle on Saturday was a definite red but I said to my mates at the time we get a foul like that on us at least once a game and rarely is it even a yellow!

he has just posted a video from a flight, looking out the window as it is taking off. He may be getting a day off but the cynic in me suggests he is offski for good

he has just posted a video from a flight, looking out the window as it is taking off. He may be getting a day off but the cynic in me suggests he is offski for good
I thought it was just in my mind that it looked like he was pulling up with an injury towards the end of the game. Wouldn’t surprise me then if he has and would be out for a few weeks. That said I’d be very surprised, injured or not, if he wasn’t going to be at Hampden to celebrate a Scottish cup win after being at the club so long!

Am not for one minute suggesting that Roofe has been using 'injuries' as an excuse, but the interview with Wayne Rooney after the Man Utd match the other night was interesting, when he remarked that too many players will use an injury no matter how mild to pull out of games.

Whereas he would take part in games with a niggle regardless, because he just loved playing football.

Seems like a nice lad, but his body is broken and we can't wait around anymore

Glad it seems like Clement has been ruthless and told him to go. A good sign of things to come

Am not for one minute suggesting that Roofe has been using 'injuries' as an excuse, but the interview with Wayne Rooney after the Man Utd match the other night was interesting, when he remarked that too many players will use an injury no matter how mild to pull out of games.

Whereas he would take part in games with a niggle regardless, because he just loved playing football.

It happens at every club, but whenever it was suggested Roofe was at it on here (following hints from two of his managers by the way) the reaction from some posters was sheer outrage at the very suggestion that a player would do this:))

Don't understand people saying how big a waste of money he has been.

What do you think his Braga and Betis goals made the club? Cup semi final winner v sheep etc.

Not to mention huge role in 55.

He's repaid his transfer fee with that Betis winner alone pretty much.

Wish him well. He didn't like being injured, it's plagued him his entire career.

I remember asking a Leeds fan perspective on him.

“Brilliant player when he’s fit”.

Therein lies the reason we were able to sign him and take a punt on his fitness as a gamble, because he would never have been near us otherwise.

Don't understand people saying how big a waste of money he has been.

What do you think his Braga and Betis goals made the club? Cup semi final winner v sheep etc.

Not to mention huge role in 55.

He's repaid his transfer fee with that Betis winner alone pretty much.

Wish him well. He didn't like being injured, it's plagued him his entire career.
This exactly! He didn’t choose to be injury prone, and even if the crazy rumours on here that half the injuries are “in his head” were somehow true then we can’t blame a guy for mental health problems (I’ve always thought that rumour was utter nonsense but it’s raised every time he’s out!). As I said earlier, a great “what if” player who I will always think fondly of. But he absolutely should be leaving so I’m glad we didn’t offer him a new contract.

Good player, fucked with injuries. Hope he can get over it and get a decent and successful move somewhere.

It happens at every club, but whenever it was suggested Roofe was at it on here (following hints from two of his managers by the way) the reaction from some posters was sheer outrage at the very suggestion that a player would do this:))
What were the hints mate I can't recall them

Would’ve been happy for him to stay on a pay as you play deal but they are rare these days, would've been madness to keep him on a standard deal, all the best to him and thanks for some great memories
They've never not been rare ffs. Made up nonsense.

I remember asking a Leeds fan perspective on him.

“Brilliant player when he’s fit”.

Therein lies the reason we were able to sign him and take a punt on his fitness as a gamble, because he would never have been near us otherwise.
Exactly, an injury free Roofe wouldn't have been a Rangers player, the same thing was said on here by a few folk when we first signed him.

Gave us some great memories, wish him well going forward but we need to move forward too.

Good luck to him. Will probably fall somewhere into one of the middle-bottom championship sides.

Back