Roofe receives 4 match ban and fine

Assault ?

He clearly won the ball, keeper bottled going for it and ran into Roofe's foot.

Dangerous with the high foot at most.

So according to that the charge is assault? I get that it was a dangerous tackle but no intent to injure the player yet classed as assault! UEFA are corrupt as f*ck!

Glad we'll be appealing this, if you watch the incident back Roofe is clearly looking at the ball while the keeper comes out. Calling that an "assault" is totally shameless from UEFA.

It’s quite clearly all been done to keep salvia happy at the same time. Rangers players 7 games ban and theirs 10. It’s embarrassing by the rats

Your not against the grain .. this is my view
Accident or not it was dangerous and wreckless he will have to be more careful in future
I will go against the grain here and say 4 match ban is not to bad. It was a horrible challenge that we need to separate from what went on later.

If that had been on McGregor we would have wanted the player banned for life.

Watch the video. Roofe, his eyes on the ball jumps leg outstretched, high, as he turn his head forward the Keeper is now there. It's accidental. It's absolutely reckless and was correctly red carded. To be absolutely honest I think that's the end of that. Dealt with as it should. No malicious intent. If it's an automatic 2 game ban that will suffice. It is almost as if we are being punished for everything that happened that night. The SFA are corrupt. Words fail me to describe this clown show of a group.

Was just about to post when I read what you said.
Michael Mols was victim of a worse tackle IMO in Munich and I don’t recall a 4 match ban.

What a load of bollocks. There was practically nothing in the Mols and Khan incident, it was a freak accident largely down to Mols attempt to avoid trodding on the German.

Roofe deserved his red because it was a really dangerous tackle which the outcome more or less proved. However giving him 4 game ban and a fine is an utter piss tape given that it was a complete accident.

Seems I am in the minority on here. I think it was a ridiculous tackle. 4 games seems a lot but he could have done some real serious damage.

He should absolutely not be flying in with feet 10ft in the air at the speed he did. It was reckless and endangered an opponent.

I speak as someone who loves the guy as well. Shoe on the other foot and Griffiths does the same to McGregor on Sunday. Still think it should only be a 2 game ban?

I don’t know what the general consensus is on the thread but I think it’s a pretty fair punishment if I’m being honest.

I think it was an honest attempt to play the ball and I don’t think there was any intent but when you put the sole of your boot (with studs) into someone’s face then you’re seriously endangering an opponents safety.

I wouldn’t mind seeing us try and appeal it to get it down to 3 games but it was a really bad tackle.

I don’t know what the general consensus is on the thread but I think it’s a pretty fair punishment if I’m being honest.

I think it was an honest attempt to play the ball and I don’t think there was any intent but when you put the sole of your boot (with studs) into someone’s face then you’re seriously endangering an opponents safety.

I wouldn’t mind seeing us try and appeal it to get it down to 3 games but it was a really bad tackle.
Aye I am struggling to see what the outrage is regrading Roofe. It was a a very dangerous tackle. Intent does not really come into it. I think it should only be 3 games mind. Standard suspension for these types of things.

If you remember back to the Power challenge on Ryan Jack when his studs were 5 feet in the air and went into Jack’s head. His punishment? Yellow card and nothing retrospective. Rangers should be going to SFA with this and asking for backup. I know that would be unlikely however UEFA will be out to get us now and we need all the help we can get.

I believe Roofe is the victim of Slavias gun slinging. Red card all day long however it then needs to be taken into context.

If you remember back to the Power challenge on Ryan Jack when his studs were 5 feet in the air and went into Jack’s head. His punishment? Yellow card and nothing retrospective. Rangers should be going to SFA with this and asking for backup. I know that would be unlikely however UEFA will be out to get us now and we need all the help we can get.

I believe Roofe is the victim of Slavias gun slinging. Red card all day long however it then needs to be taken into context.

Power should’ve been sent off and banned for 3 games though. What backup do you think the SFA could give us?

keeper had no right going for that ball, there were 3 defenders around Roofe all going for the ball. serves him right. joke of a decision to hit Roofe with a 4 game ban. they are saying it was intentinal with length of ban no ?

keeper had no right going for that ball, there were 3 defenders around Roofe all going for the ball. serves him right. joke of a decision to hit Roofe with a 4 game ban. they are saying it was intentinal with length of ban no ?
The keeper has as much right to go for it as Roofe, mate.

Absolutely wild that anyone can watch the incident and not think its a red card. You could use it as an example of what dangerous play is on a training video FFS.

Regards the 4 match ban, it's probably fair to be honest, unfortunately for us.

Back