Roofe Return

Barker was like a man down today except for 1 pass to Kent. I honestly have no idea what Gerrard sees in him to keep getting chances. He might be like Messi in training but thats no use if he does nothing anytime he is on the pitch.

Roofe on the right for me when hes fit, Hagi as back up.

It’s perplexing. I reckon we could have done more damage with different player on the pitch.

This is absolutely it.

He wasn't completely bad or anything - he still put in a decent enough shift at times - but you can tell he's not at the level of Kent, Davis, Kamara etc. The one touch stuff we play, he isnt there yet.

He defo drops out as soon as these guys are fit.

I thought he played well today yes.

You are of course welcome to your opinion. And I to mine. They are very different.

I would have Alfie out the team as soon as Roofe is fit.

I’d expect him to challenge hard for that starting slot, and win it, before too long.

Interested to see how Morelos reacts with actual competition for his place. So far he has been rotten this season (in front of goal especially) Maybe a fully fit Roofe will spur him out of his bad form.

Thought Barker had a horror of a first half. Would expect Roofe to get back in the team no bother. We don’t spend that much on him to have Barker play ahead of him.

This is absolutely it.

He wasn't completely bad or anything - he still put in a decent enough shift at times - but you can tell he's not at the level of Kent, Davis, Kamara etc. The one touch stuff we play, he isnt there yet.

He defo drops out as soon as these guys are fit.

thing is it’s games like today where there’s more space that he’s supposed to be dangerous in. So if he’s not doing it then, well surely you have to say enough is enough

Also, whilst I would rather see Roofe than Barker, I don't think Barker done much wrong today. Stuck in , workerd hard and don't everything asked. He can be pleased todsy.
He did nothing of note apart from nipping the ball from Frimpong. We need better and we have better in the squad already.

Hopefully we have a couple of bounce games for the likes of Rolfe, Aribo, and the new lad to get up to scratch. Others like Defoe need game time too.

Morelos will start against Livi next weekend. He is our no.1 CF.

Don't really want to have a negative post, and I certainly don't mean this as shot at the Buff, but I would like to see Roofe play the no.9

I think he's an absolute cracking player and will work perfectly with Kent, Aribo etc

Brilliant to have that sort of depth.

It’s perplexing. I reckon we could have done more damage with different player on the pitch.
We just pumped the filth 2-0 and you think we could do better with a different player? I think we did glorious and more of the same to come.

Play roofe in the position Barker was in today and that’s our strongest line up

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Borna
Arfield Davis Kamara
Roofe Kent
Morelos

obviously Zungu is unknown as yet so could replace one of the middle 3 Potentially
Also Aribo Full Fitness could take Arfields position but again he’s on form and deserves the Jersey

People can’t surely be commending Barker’s performance today?

He was a man down.

It made the team performance all the better. He was out his depth.

i think he just needs one goal soon and then he will start banging them in. With Roofe coming back to play a number 10 role they goals could be on tap
I think where he is playing means he is less likely to score. Ally said on the commentary today he needs to be more central. It’s great he is linking up but he needs to be more central. he is still miles off the player we know.

Play roofe in the position Barker was in today and that’s our strongest line up

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Borna
Arfield Davis Kamara
Roofe Kent
Morelos

obviously Zungu is unknown as yet so could replace one of the middle 3 Potentially
Also Aribo Full Fitness could take Arfields position but again he’s on form and deserves the Jersey
Very difficult to argue, I think Aribo is an exceptional player.

We just pumped the filth 2-0 and you think we could do better with a different player? I think we did glorious and more of the same to come.

considering the player in question more or less let the game pass him by, yes I do. The concept of better players enabling you to win by a larger margin isn’t that far fetched.

Alfie for all his pluses had me on edge today getting involves with stupid stuff and his passing at times can cause us real problems .One stray one today had me screaming at the tele .
when we are playing in the spl and the ten man defences,i often feel we are too one domentinal in our approach. if he doesn't click we dont play and end up chasing goals

Alfie for all his pluses had me on edge today getting involves with stupid stuff and his passing at times can cause us real problems .One stray one today had me screaming at the tele .
when we are playing in the spl and the ten man defences,i often feel we are too one domentinal in our approach. if he doesn't click we dont play and end up chasing goals
What pluses

What pluses
Well he cartainly works their back line a good bit and even if not scoring ,keeps them on edge. Can't really argue with that bit and his scoring record speaks for itself .Just wish he would cut out the crap for as you know the refs don't need much encouragement to send him for a bath and a bit of work on his distribution would nt go a miss but he did some good stuff today and some nice touches.

I must be the only one who wasn't concerned about Morelos getting sent off going by the general media and comments in here?

He was daft to raise his hands but you see that little flick all the time - the media will be falling over themselves to call his flick on Brown a 'slap' but it's the kind of thing you see all the time.

Besides that, he used his body to rough up their players and leave a bit in without it ever being a danger of a red card. He wouldn't have done it if he was on a yellow imo.

He roughed up their players whenever he could, made sure their defenders were never comfortable in challenges, and generally held a good position when they had a ball to make sure they had to try to shift it out wide.

Well done Alfie - a selfless performance.

Also, whilst I would rather see Roofe than Barker, I don't think Barker done much wrong today. Stuck in , workerd hard and don't everything asked. He can be pleased todsy.
Commentators were giving him a go for lack off running etc but to me it looked like he was playing a specific role...lovely pass to play in kent or Alfie at one stage as well

I must be the only one who wasn't concerned about Morelos getting sent off going by the general media and comments in here?

He was daft to raise his hands but you see that little flick all the time - the media will be falling over themselves to call his flick on Brown a 'slap' but it's the kind of thing you see all the time.

Besides that, he used his body to rough up their players and leave a bit in without it ever being a danger of a red card. He wouldn't have done it if he was on a yellow imo.

He roughed up their players whenever he could, made sure their defenders were never comfortable in challenges, and generally held a good position when they had a ball to make sure they had to try to shift it out wide.

Well done Alfie - a selfless performance.
Clancy would have sent Morelos off yesterday, 2 yellows, no problem. He just isnt learning. I do agree his link up play was generally excellent, although one stray pass nearly cost us.

Back