Roofe should be on earlier

Sir Sasa Papac

I don’t get why we waited until the last 5 mins to bring on Kemar? In those 5 mins we got the Frankfurt defence turned and got in behind for the only time all gage making the best chance in the match.

Roofe looked fit and up for it and would have been a better option from 75mins onward for me.

There’s barely a gage left in the season I don’t understand the reticence

The players were fcked by the time he came on and it was ours to win in ET has Frankfurt seemed to collapse

I can only assume that with the strapping still on his leg he wasn't fit enough for more than 10 minutes.
I don't think we'll see him on Saturday.

I don’t know if he had longer than that in him? Leg heavily strapped up and just brought on for penalties it seemed. Who knows.

May not have been for enough and was brought in with being an excellent penalty taker
He missed in shoot out v st Johnstone , could easily been him a who missed last night

I ain’t a fan of bringing players on for penalties, we should maybe have brought both him and Ramsey on 5-10 min earlier

He has only had 2 training sessions, so they know what he was capable of doing.
We needed him for longer and showed the threat and change of dynamic he give us.
I don’t thing L he will play on Sat either.

He’s clearly nowhere near ready to play. I’d send him away on holiday now to make sure he’s back for pre season.

It's all very well about what WE'D do if we were in GvB's position, however, I'd have brought Roofe on for the start of the second half of extra time with Lowery.

But it's always easy to say this when it's over.
Hindsight is 20/20.

Clearly the management team didn’t think he was fit for any longer. They’d know a bit better than anyone assessing his fitness via tv in a five minute cameo.

Not a valid criticism/observation IMHO.

In a nutshell.

Just makes it all the more deflating as Morelos or Roofe could have had a field day with their defence last night, Aribo is far from a natural centre forward and he was getting plenty of joy out of them.

If he was anywhere near match fit he'd have started. Clearly he just had enough for a "cameo" appearance so can't have been close to even gamble on from the start.

Gio made a big deal about saying Roofe was fit to play etc. If he wasn’t fit enough to play more than 5 mins he shouldn’t have been on the bench and if he was fit enough he should have been on much much earlier.

Gio made a big deal about saying Roofe was fit to play etc. If he wasn’t fit enough to play more than 5 mins he shouldn’t have been on the bench and if he was fit enough he should have been on much much earlier.

Even though he almost set up a winning goal in extra time?

Managers bluff about players’ fitness all the time, it’s nonsense to suggest if he couldn’t do more than a cameo he shouldn’t have been on the bench if he only needs that 5 minutes to make something happen.

Even though he almost set up a winning goal in extra time?

Managers bluff about players’ fitness all the time, it’s nonsense to suggest if he couldn’t do more than a cameo he shouldn’t have been on the bench if he only needs that 5 minutes to make something happen.
Managers bluff that players aren’t fit. They don’t pretend a player is fit then don’t play them

Thought we looked toothless up front all night and if he had been put on earlier we could have won it in extra time. Seeing him set up Kent's chance by running the channels in the 3 minutes or so he was on made it all the more frustrating going into penalties.

Nonsense. In his 5 mins that he actually played he created our best chance of the match and scored his penalty. Was a great cameo.

Managers bluff that players aren’t fit. They don’t pretend a player is fit then don’t play them

We’ll agree to disagree on that - you don’t think there’s a benefit to keeping the opposition guessing as to whether we are going to play our one available orthodox striker or a false 9?

If he comes out and says “yeah he’s good for a 10 minute cameo at best” that just plays into the opposition’s hands.

Roofe has undoubted quality, but personally I would like to see him moved on this summer. We just don't have the luxury of a player with his injury record. Finances dictated that our squad will not be as deep as those in the 'big 5' leagues, and therefore we need more durable players.

Roofe has undoubted quality, but personally I would like to see him moved on this summer. We just don't have the luxury of a player with his injury record. Finances dictated that our squad will not be as deep as those in the 'big 5' leagues, and therefore we need more durable players.
I agree he can’t he relied upon to be fit.

Realistically we want to recoup millions for him but who’s going to pay that when they can see his injury record for 5 years.

We’ve basically got to stick and hope he finds a run of fitness, punt him on loan to save wages, or sell for a couple mill when he’s cost us double

I don’t get why we waited until the last 5 mins to bring on Kemar? In those 5 mins we got the Frankfurt defence turned and got in behind for the only time all gage making the best chance in the match.

Roofe looked fit and up for it and would have been a better option from 75mins onward for me.

There’s barely a gage left in the season I don’t understand the reticence

The players were fcked by the time he came on and it was ours to win in ET has Frankfurt seemed to collapse
Roofe and Ramsey didn't start (I think) because they were not operationally fit, when James Sands was subbed on that was the proof of it. GVB gambled they would be okay for pens only. I think they were on the flight just to to confuse Eintracht's tactical plans.

I agree I couldn’t believe sakala was on before Roofe. I get the pace aspect but that is not what we needed, we needed someone with a good first touch in the box which is what Roofe has.

Clearly still carrying his injury, but large benches make it a no brainer for him to be available to take a penalty given he is the second choice pen taker.

If Borna hadn't gone down hurt we'd likely have had our 3 preferred penalty takers on the park at the same time (regardless of Roofe technically coming on for Borna), which is what we would want to be the case.

I reckon we'll see FF's favourite Itten on Saturday, he's our only recognised striker now I think other than the younger guys

feel Lowry should be given a start but we'll see what Gio does

He was injured. He was in the bench for one reason only, to score a penalty if it came to it.

Are people genuinely thinking Gio left him on the bench for tactical reasons?

The fact he came on with the strapping round his knee area shows he wasn't fit at all and was probably only on the bench cause you're allowed 12 subs. It's all well mentioning the chance he setup for Kent but forget if it goes in its ruled out anyway as the ball went over the line before he squared it. He came on to take a penalty and that was it probably again another reason why he was probably on the bench.

The notion that GvB kept his only striker on the bench with Saturday in mid is, quite frankly, ludicrous. Have those suggesting such lost their minds, or are they still pissed from last night?

Roofe was evidently not fit to contribute more than he did or the Manager would have brought him on. Its really, really simple.

Back