Roofe

We need European football for 2 reasons:

1. Income, it provides us with much needed funds to strengthen the squad

and

2. Get good players to be willing to come to Ibrox

It's always the fucking same on here, as soon as something goes bad people are in favour of ditching European football based on this unsubstantiated idea that we'll then magically do better in the league.

Not one of us believed in 2018 we'd be capable of two group stages in succession.
Why are we suddenly so financially dependent on making it 3 in a row?
The Europa league is presented on this forum as some treasure trove of riches and not the paucious poor relative of the CL. It generates income yes, but not of the eye watering variety of the CL. Even less so with no spectators.

So there was no specific time given?

Unless something else was said, no.
I only saw Gerrard's post match interview where he said Roofe is sent for a scan and will be out for a bit, no mention of 'a few weeks' at all.

It could of course be the case given that it's not the first time we've heard a player should be fine and is then out for a longer period but I can't see anywhere he said those literal words.

Unless something else was said, no.
I only saw Gerrard's post match interview where he said Roofe is sent for a scan and will be out for a bit, no mention of 'a few weeks' at all.

It could of course be the case given that it's not the first time we've heard a player should be fine and is then out for a longer period but I can't see anywhere he said those literal words.
Out for a bit could be any length of time with us.

I got grief on here for suggesting that we play a heavily rotated team against Imps on that surface.

Looking like a ridiculous decision to play Roofe on that surface given his recent injury problems.
One of many idiotic decisions by the managerial team

Not one of us believed in 2018 we'd be capable of two group stages in succession.
Why are we suddenly so financially dependent on making it 3 in a row?
The Europa league is presented on this forum as some treasure trove of riches and not the paucious poor relative of the CL. It generates income yes, but not of the eye watering variety of the CL. Even less so with no spectators.

If we don't get European football (at the very least the group stages, I don't care what happens after that) we will not have money needed to mount an actual title challenge in the second half of the season. It's not rocket science.

We all know it's not the same money as in the CL but it's money we desperately need to continue to build up the team and club. Or have you forgotten that we're still partially going thanks to loans from directors ?

I got grief on here for suggesting that we play a heavily rotated team against Imps on that surface.

Looking like a ridiculous decision to play Roofe on that surface given his recent injury problems.

its strange that he did actually rotate the team yet chose to play Roofe who has struggled with injuries. Makes no sense.

If we don't get European football (at the very least the group stages, I don't care what happens after that) we will not have money needed to mount an actual title challenge in the second half of the season. It's not rocket science.

We all know it's not the same money as in the CL but it's money we desperately need to continue to build up the team and club. Or have you forgotten that we're still partially going thanks to loans from directors ?

We're not going to see any major new faces before this window closes.
If mounting title challenges is incumbent on getting to Europa league group stages then there's something seriously awry with our business model.

We could sell Morelos for less than our initial valuations and that would still generate more money than the Europa League. But, again, having that extra money won't strengthen our title challenge.

According to his injury record on transfermarkt since September 2018 he has been injured for 265 days and 208 of those days were split over 2 calf injuries. This is not including the injury sustained against Red Imps.

It’s definitely worrying that he’s now picked up another calf injury as the numbers do not make for great reading.

Very much appreciate where you’re coming from on this, but unless we get another 3/4 first team quality players then this squad isn’t capable of fighting on four fronts again.

I keep saying it, but I’d be amazed if Gerrard hasn’t totally blown away the financial expectations set on him with a group stage and a L16 showing in the last two years - with us now having actual real money from the kit deal and MyGers, as well as the lack of ticket revenue, this could be the one season we get away with it.

The bottom line for me is that Gerrard needs to pick his priority here, otherwise we’re facing another collapse mid-season without a handful of players coming in, and I don’t see that happening personally.

Of course he is. Gerrard said he’d be fit so we all know by now that when you translate that from scouse into Scottish, that means 3/4 weeks out.
He really ought to just send our opposition the team a few days in advance. That'll keep some happy.

Roofe will miss 25% of our games with injury. That’s why he’s not at a top team abroad or down south

He really ought to just send our opposition the team a few days in advance. That'll keep some happy.
Ah, so if Roofe is out that means the opposition automatically know our XI? Someone ought to tell Barcelona who post their injury news on social media before games.

Back