Roofe

Roofe is a player I just can’t warm too. Feel like he should be contributing more. His social media feels very self centred and not convinced he is in it for the team.

Hope he scores the winner on Sunday
That was like reading my own mind…….when I look at his Instagram I just get the feeling that it’s all about him, he’s in it for himself and isn’t a team player.

He has more goals than Morelos and Kent combined so far this season.
And?
Are you seriously using a player who has been out injured for months as some kind of evidence as to Roofe being such a good and important player?
You should add in Defoe as well then.
That’d make it more credible.

And?
Are you seriously using a player who has been out injured for months as some kind of evidence as to Roofe being such a good and important player?
You should add in Defoe as well then.
That’d make it more credible.

You literally quoted the guy and put the statement “feel like he should be contributing more” in bold.

I then said, for context, he’s contributed/scored more goals than Morelos and Kent combined this season.

Then you came back with that post above which doesn’t even make sense.

You literally quoted the guy and put the statement “feel like he should be contributing more” in bold.

I then said, for context, he’s contributed/scored more goals than Morelos and Kent combined this season.

Then you came back with that post above which doesn’t even make sense.
What doesn’t make sense is including the stats of a player who has missed a lot of this season due to injury.

What doesn’t make sense is including the stats of a player who has missed a lot of this season due to injury.

Morelos has played 1427 minutes this season.

Roofe has played 987 minutes this season.

Kent has played 820 minutes this season.

Kent and Roofes playing time isn’t too dissimilar so far this season so it does make sense to include him.

He's a sniffer, the player who's going to make late runs into the box and nick you a goal. Because of the system we play he's always going to be played as a wide man and IMO i don't think that suits him. He's not physically big or strong enough to play the lone striker role the way Morelos used to play it and for me he is a second striker playing on the shoulder. Unfortunately we seem to favour the 4-3-3. Hopefully Gio has more than one system and can switch to suit during a game.

He’s rarely fit enough to play and when he plays he’s not sharp enough because he’s been unfit so often.

Problem is nobody will match his wages or pay a big fee so unless he decides to knuckle down we’re stuck with a passenger we can ill afford

Roofe seems to get a lot of negativity on here from posters who go over the top on how Morelos is playing even when he's not performing well as has been the case for a while now.
It is hard to work out as Roofe and Morelos although both strikers could not be more different.

Looks like he’s missing tonight as well.

Really, really can’t get my head around how we’ve facilitated this decision, when’s the next set of games for Jamaica?

Looks like he’s missing tonight as well.

Really, really can’t get my head around how we’ve facilitated this decision, when’s the next set of games for Jamaica?
Three games at the end of January / first week in February. Then three more at the end of March.

He’s rarely fit enough to play and when he plays he’s not sharp enough because he’s been unfit so often.

Problem is nobody will match his wages or pay a big fee so unless he decides to knuckle down we’re stuck with a passenger we can ill afford
A passenger who has scored more goals than any striker this season and last season with less game time

Strange post.

I like Roofe as a player and think he has a lot more to offer than he’s showing but him insisting on playing international football is clearly having a major impact on his availability

GVB needs to speak to him and if he is going to insist on playing we should consider moving him on. We all know it will result in more injuries

The Roofe hate is just our own prime example of how oldheads can’t warm to the modern footballer with funny penalty run-ups and active social media accounts, no matter how talented they are

Many posters on here have the same opinion of Pogba and Griezmann as they do of Roofe

I’d rather he didn’t play any internationals, and he is quite injury prone, but his lack of game time has mainly been down to Gerrard sticking him on the bench half the time so that stat is a bit unreliable

A far better goalscorer than Morelos, Kent or anyone else in our team. The trade off is that he is injury prone and that isn’t going to change unfortunately.

Just like in the Barisic thread people have short memories with Roofe. His goals during that period in the run up to Xmas last season were crucial in establishing our lead over the paedos.

He has scored crucial penalties this season under real pressure.

People forgetting also that in the 4-1 win over the paedos last year he put in what was probably the best individual Rangers Old Firm striker performances since Daniel Cousin’s with two unreal finishes.

Hopefully GVB can identify a style of play for the team that gets the most out of Roofe because he is a penalty box striker who is amazing in the air and dropping deep does not make best use of his assets.

I’d go as far as saying he is captain material if he can stay fit. Always coaching teammates during the game.

Also what do people expect us to do? Ban him from playing for Jamaica? Get a fucking grip.

A shame he isn’t fit tonight when we might need a goal or two. He’s by far the most accomplished finisher at the club (bar Defoe but he isn’t playing). If we could get him in a system where we create him chances he would score a ton (if fit).

Kent has been out injured most of the season.morelos well enough said on that subject.
Roofe is our top goalscorer with 9 goals in 987 minutes. Kent has 1 in 881 minutes.

It should be noted that 3 of Roofe's goals have been penalties though, he has actually been off form like others.

The Roofe hate is just our own prime example of how oldheads can’t warm to the modern footballer with funny penalty run-ups and active social media accounts, no matter how talented they are

Many posters on here have the same opinion of Pogba and Griezmann as they do of Roofe

I’d rather he didn’t play any internationals, and he is quite injury prone, but his lack of game time has mainly been down to Gerrard sticking him on the bench half the time so that stat is a bit unreliable

I was told this week that Gerrard and Roofe had a fall out, that also centered around Defoe and why he’d been bombed out. Defoe tried to resolve it, and Gerrard felt he was undermining him.

That came from a current player, who used to play for us and is still pals with a few around the squad.

They’re a friend of a friend, and I just happened to be in their company via work. It would certainly make sense.

I was told this week that Gerrard and Roofe had a fall out, that also centered around Defoe and why he’d been bombed out. Defoe tried to resolve it, and Gerrard felt he was undermining him.

That came from a current player, who used to play for us and is still pals with a few around the squad.

They’re a friend of a friend, and I just happened to be in their company via work. It would certainly make sense.
Was told something similar with regards to Defoe by a guy with a decent track record, however Defoe hardly played last season either and less subs this year, surely he knew what was going to happen?

Ffs, read it all now, our top goal scorer this season with around 26 in 53 games overall since he joined ain’t in it for the team due to Instagram

A great return, hope GVB uses him better
He's also a gem of a guy who loves it here.

Was told something similar with regards to Defoe by a guy with a decent track record, however Defoe hardly played last season either and less subs this year, surely he knew what was going to happen?

It’s easy to say with hindsight, but all obviously hasn’t been right for a while in the camp. There’ll be a lot of rumours flying about, some of which will be a lot of shite. But when you hear multiple reliable people saying the same thing, it’s hard not to take notice.

I think Makaay will get the best out of both Roofe amd Morelos. Felt Roofe has lost interest a little recently, just my interpretation of his body language, but i guess injuries can do that as well. Hope he gets more of a spark from Makaay. He definitely has talent.

Back