Roofe

Hopefully I'm wrong, but Roofe looks totally done.

Passing that ball to an offside Sima, when he was clean through the other night, doesn't happen if you're fit.

Appreciate he wasn't on that long but did very little during that time...Roofe really needs to step up a gear or two if he is going to be starting.

Roofe will not last more than a couple of games at the very most before he's injured for weeks again.
Leave him on the bench and focus on Dessers building a rapport with the team if possible.

At some point this decade, we might have some fit strikers, I like Roofe, but you can almost see him breaking down again tomorrow if he starts.

I don't have great faith in him getting fit but since he came on against Hearts,maybe the gaffer has seen he is fit.Now Danilo is injured,Roofe has to step up,I really don't want Dessers as our centre forward.
A fit Roofe is the best option(unless we play Sima through the middle).
Step up? Stepping out of bed is likely to put him in a full body cast.

When he steps on the pitch, St Andrews Ambulance Service start their engines. Need him gone in January.

We need a centre forward , sorry a number 9. Roofe is the only guy around and we need him for Hampden and Spain. Give him 30mins tomorrow. Then we can start playing around with Sima, god forgive cart horse Dessers. All we need tomorrow is a win, nae problem.

no point even talking about Roofe as an option now he's been breaking down constantly for 3 years now and doesn't seem to be one specific injury.

I can't see that suddenly changing, it's been said 1000s times before he's a qaulity operator but he hardly played in 3 years and his best days are behind him.

I think he might even retire at the end of the season.

I don't have great faith in him getting fit but since he came on against Hearts,maybe the gaffer has seen he is fit.Now Danilo is injured,Roofe has to step up,I really don't want Dessers as our centre forward.

According to Clement today, Roofe is nowhere near close to being able to play 90 minutes.

The very best we can hope for, is that he can play a few minutes here and there and then try to get physically fit in the winter break.

Tbh, I've very little faith in that happening though.

Honestly If he gets another injury within the next 2 months I would tear up his contract.. pay it up and shown the door, frankly he has been stealing a wage for far too long. He will know this is probably end of the road for him career wise, I do suspect he will retire at the end of his contract. I don't see any team willing to pay him to be injured

I think he just does not like our climate and hides away because it’s too cold and wet for his liking

It’s really not worth posting anything about football on here these days, Reading them is so depressing.

You ask a valid question and just get jumped on by a deluge of negative posts. No nuance, no context, definitely no constructive criticism, just perma-angry miserable buggers who want to slaughter everyone connected with the club, and who think they’re Uber-staunch if they can slaughter an ex-manager in the same post.

Cmon roofe give us a month

I'm at the point I wouldn't even bother having Roofe in the squad. It sends a shit message to others trying to get a start. I understand we are bare bones and we have to have anyone available but the support would back the manager if he were to give others, even youngsters a chance.

He'll play a handful more games then get injured and that'll be him til his contract expires.

Isn’t Lammers meant to be a central striker and it’s only since Ibrox arrival that he’s playing differently?

I would play him there. He might not score but he could link up well with Cantwell just behind him.

I actually don't think he was that bad last weekend tbh, did well for the first goal and had some decent link up play.

I don't think it helps that the crowd are constantly on his and Lammers' back.
This wee narrative of Lammers and Dessers being absolutely pish because the Rangers support think they are pish is predictable yet laughable nonsense.

They just are not very good. It's that simple.

No amount of excuses or "ach they weren't that bad" will change it sadly.

If you think of Roofe and that springs to mind, gives you comfort or indeed joy, fair play.

I can only think of the wages he has stolen from us. A charlatan.
Do you really think Roofe wants this and is cheating every one. I think he hates the situation more than we do.

Roofe will get injured with the weight of expectation on his shoulders

I genuinely love Roofe, hes a clever player, superb finisher and can hold onto the ball but he is physically done.
I couldn’t believe how off it he looked at Tynecastle. His mobility looked limited at best and he seemed to be running in quicksand during his short-ish cameo. It was a strange decision to have him isolated up top when you consider the above.
So I’m taking Roofe for a cup final hat trick :D

Roofe is a good player, but falls into the "if only" category. He needs shifting along with other players who seem to be permanently injured. Lawrence, Jack and Souttar for example.

It has to be Dessers up front ,hopefully playing Dundee at Ibrox will create numerous chances for him and a goal or two to build his confidence and set him up for the next game......I say this more in hope than expectation....we can only hope.....we are the people...

With Roofe does there come a point where we have to question his mentality?

Obviously injuries can be subjective and what 1 player might play through another would look to sit out. I just cant help but think he is feeling any wee niggle and decides hes done for a few weeks/months.

Back