Roofe's Instagram Story

bradley1873

Just seen Kemar's Instagram story of Tav from yesterday. Tav looks as though he is limping quite badly still.

Any further updates or are we still thinking 3 weeks?

Just seen Kemar's Instagram story of Tav from yesterday. Tav looks as though he is limping quite badly still.

Any further updates or are we still thinking 3 weeks?
Anyone who knows the game knows there was Buckley’s chance of Tavernier being back within 2/3 weeks . Gerrard is protecting the player by saying a general 2/3 week timeline no drama , they don’t know themselves how long it will really be .

Anyone who knows the game knows there was Buckley’s chance of Tavernier being back within 2/3 weeks . Gerrard is protecting the player by saying a general 2/3 week timeline no drama , they don’t know themselves how long it will really be .

Protecting the player by putting a short timescale like that on it?

Doesn't make sense. If protecting the player, he wouldve put a longer timescale on it or none at all.

They've seen the scans and they will have a rough idea of it.

It depends how the injury responds to treatment but when Gerrard said 2-3 weeks, that would've been an optimistic prognosis at that time.

Big miss for the Euro games.
That was my initial thoughts too.

But thinking about it, it might actually suit us with Balogun at RB when we start to face teams of a higher calibre who'll pin is back at times.

As long as Tav 's fit for trophy day in May then that's the main thing for me.

Reactions: TQ3

So, despite scans and a professional medical team, they have no idea what the injury is and the manager has decided to lift the pressure by telling everyone he’ll be back soon?

Cool.

But thinking about it, it might actually suit us with Balogun at RB when we start to face teams of a higher calibre who'll pin is back at times.

When Antwerp put is under pressure Balogun struggled, then when Paterson came on that threat was completely nullified, there's no bonus in not having a dedicated right back at right back!

This is bizarre logic btw, I definitely don't know the game if telling fans a player will be back earlier eases the pressure on them to get back B-)

I initially felt the 2-3 weeks was a smokescreen due to the timescale of the Old Firm game.
Just to keep spirits up and not let anyone panic (us....? panic!?!?) :))

We are doing great without them so far so just keep the momentum going and we'll be over the line before you know it.

Personally doubt we'll see Tav back before the end of the season but fingers crossed he makes it.

So, despite scans and a professional medical team, they have no idea what the injury is and the manager has decided to lift the pressure by telling everyone he’ll be back soon?

Cool.
You sound surprised , he did it with Aribo and Jack as well “ back next week , won’t quite make Saturday “ rinse and repeat and six weeks later the player finally returns .

This is bizarre logic btw, I definitely don't know the game if telling fans a player will be back earlier eases the pressure on them to get back B-)
I’m amazed at how many people have seemingly forgot how the gaffer did this with both Aribo and Ryan Jack . Aribos two week knock took nearly seven weeks . It keeps opponents guessing and media , he doesn’t give them anything

You sound surprised , he did it with Aribo and Jack as well “ back next week , won’t quite make Saturday “ rinse and repeat and six weeks later the player finally returns .

Yes I’d be very surprised if Gerrard was making something up and they didn’t know how serious the injury is. Even more surprised given that Tav himself has said he’ll be back soon.

I seen the video n didn’t that he wasn’t limping at all just seemed like he was walking slowly n turning round to hear what was said i actually felt more positive after seeing it

Yes I’d be very surprised if Gerrard was making something up and they didn’t know how serious the injury is. Even more surprised given that Tav himself has said he’ll be back soon.
At no point did I say he’s making it up . Was he “ making it up “ with Joe Aribo and Ryan Jack as well when he repeatedly said they would be back for the next game , and the next game , etc ? Gerrard knows what he’s doing .

At no point did I say he’s making it up . Was he “ making it up “ with Joe Aribo and Ryan Jack as well when he repeatedly said they would be back for the next game , and the next game , etc ? Gerrard knows what he’s doing .
Jordan Rossiter was always a couple weeks away

What mate ?, Antwerp targeted him as a weakness if Patterson wasn’t introduced it could have paid off , he should be a last resort in that position .

Well you’re saying Gerrard has no idea how long he’ll be out for but yet telling everyone that he does. So, by definition, he’d be making that up.

Seen the story, didn’t look like he was limping at all.

Down to interpretations mate.

I'd say he wasn't walking freely and I could see a limp when he was lifting and planting his right foot.

Story has gone now unless someone's saved it.

Big loss for Europe but hopefully Patterson can step up and show he's ready.

I’ve got Instagram and follow Roofe but genuinely no idea how to use it.
Could you post a link to the vid please?

Im not sure how to link the vid sorry, if you go onto his profile and click his profile photo it should take you to the video’s he’s recently uploaded? Hope that helps..

Have him on the bench. In the last minute before the victory whistle goes, put him on. That way he is where he deserves to be when we win the title, on the pitch.

What mate ?, Antwerp targeted him as a weakness if Patterson wasn’t introduced it could have paid off , he should be a last resort in that position .

I couldn't believe how little threat Antwerp had after half time down their left flank, I feared the worst with Patterson hardly having game time but after that performance he should have no issues with spl teams.

If Tav is out, and the SFA as expected, jump in and ban Paterson, its only leaving Balogun to face the mentally challengeds, and yes I know they are shoite, but they will do an Antwerp and target him.

I haven't seen the video (not on Instagram) but most folk are saying Tav's walking OK and I saw a newspaper story that said the same.

If Tav is out, and the SFA as expected, jump in and ban Paterson, its only leaving Balogun to face the mentally challengeds, and yes I know they are shoite, but they will do an Antwerp and target him.

They dont play with any wingers anyway. Sure he would cope with Laxalt.

If he was walking ‘differently’, he was maybe just overcompensating on his left to minimise stress on the right knee.

Can’t see any reason why Gerrard would have said 2/3 weeks if it clearly wasn’t, doesn’t do him or Tav any favours.

Have him on the bench. In the last minute before the victory whistle goes, put him on. That way he is where he deserves to be when we win the title, on the pitch.
When we stopped there 9 in a row in the 70s. John greig got injured a few weeks before we won the league, so on the day it was official they brought him on in the last minute of the game. Sure it was Tom Miller I heard it from, I could be talking rubbish though.

Tavernier may have been back sooner had he not foolishly tried to play on. It was obvious he was done.

A commendable attitude but listening to his heart over his head.

This is Rangers, two-three weeks generally means 6-7.

Id love to be wrong, but I still don’t think we will see Tav this season.

We’ll definitely see him, he’ll be lifting a big shiny cup but I think you are right on the playing side.

Back