Roofe's Instagram Story

I didn't think he was limping much at all and if he was he wouldn't be in doing gym work especially not without the physio.
He was he was dragging his leg slightly in the video I saw. Maybe just had treatment though and was a bit tender.

I didn't think he was limping much at all and if he was he wouldn't be in doing gym work especially not without the physio.
That’s it, it’s a good sign he’s even in about the gym rather than at home resting/in protection

For what it’s worth, a lot of these guys don’t to have the smoothest stroll at the best of times

That was my initial thoughts too.

But thinking about it, it might actually suit us with Balogun at RB when we start to face teams of a higher calibre who'll pin is back at times.

As long as Tav 's fit for trophy day in May then that's the main thing for me.
Nah don’t think so mate. See the way Lukaku, a very average player, turned Balogun inside out? Centre backs lack the agility to defend against wingers and we’ll come up against much trickier wing players than Lukaku.

Just hope he's at least on bench for cup day,so can bring him on the park to lift it!

I couldn't believe how little threat Antwerp had after half time down their left flank, I feared the worst with Patterson hardly having game time but after that performance he should have no issues with spl teams.
The boy should be played every game until the corrupt cabal ban him , then questions should be asked about the suspended bans of other teams players and the lack of sanctions for the mentally challengeds for Dubai trip

Just seen the video. He is clearly not walking freely. Still though, a limp can be cleared up pretty sharpish. The Celtic game is basically three weeks away. If he has no support required just now,I'd say he is pretty certain to be in the mix for that if he is already walking around with just a limp and in the gym.

Anyone who knows the game knows there was Buckley’s chance of Tavernier being back within 2/3 weeks . Gerrard is protecting the player by saying a general 2/3 week timeline no drama , they don’t know themselves how long it will really be .
What do you mean “knows the game”? Just because you watch football lots and take a big interest in doesn’t mean you know anything about injuries

That was my initial thoughts too.

But thinking about it, it might actually suit us with Balogun at RB when we start to face teams of a higher calibre who'll pin is back at times.

As long as Tav 's fit for trophy day in May then that's the main thing for me.
Tav is a better defender than Balogun at right back

Tav hardly ever misses a game apart from the odd rest. For him to go off in the middle of an important Euro tie suggests to me that it is bad.

With the league being done the only incentive to get him back is the Europa League games and whatever happens to Patterson he won't be suspended form Euro ties.

Knowing Tav , he'll want to play as soon as. In any case, even if he has to do it on a stretcher, he should be toe man to go accept the trophy when it is presented.

I’m amazed at how many people have seemingly forgot how the gaffer did this with both Aribo and Ryan Jack . Aribos two week knock took nearly seven weeks . It keeps opponents guessing and media , he doesn’t give them anything
To be fair Aribo ended up with an illness which put him out for a spell.

Very slight limp when he starts walking, but no strapping would suggest he's getting there.
Patterson has shown he's pretty capable so no immediate rush to get Tav back, provided he's there to lift the cup.

He wouldn’t be in the gym if the injury was bad or likely to be exacerbated. No strapping suggests he’s well in the road to recovery. If there is a limp in that video at all it’s minimal.
He’ll be back in good time

Our record on players recovering from injury when expected doesn’t make good reading. (See Aribo, Roofe, Jack this season)

I don’t think is a case of misdiagnosis of the injury, but I do think it’s a case of being economical with the truth. (Buzz words and phrases to give hope but not nailing down anything).

Perfect example being that the next game “came a bit too soon” for Jack about 10games throughout Nov/Dec.

FWIW, I think our management are playing it out correctly wrt updates. Similarly, I don’t think anyone on here can say with any certainty that Tav will (or won’t) return in 2-3wks.

Our milestones for Tav will be first or second leg of the Slavia Prague game (2-3weeks from the injury). If he’s not making that, then it’ll be the first or second leg of the quarter final 6-7wks from the injury) and so on. The rest of our season is done so we won’t rush him back for any other milestones.

Our record on players recovering from injury when expected doesn’t make good reading. (See Aribo, Roofe, Jack this season)

I don’t think is a case of misdiagnosis of the injury, but I do think it’s a case of being economical with the truth. (Buzz words and phrases to give hope but not nailing down anything).

Perfect example being that the next game “came a bit too soon” for Jack about 10games throughout Nov/Dec.

FWIW, I think our management are playing it out correctly wrt updates. Similarly, I don’t think anyone on here can say with any certainty that Tav will (or won’t) return in 2-3wks.

Our milestones for Tav will be first or second leg of the Slavia Prague game (2-3weeks from the injury). If he’s not making that, then it’ll be the first or second leg of the quarter final 6-7wks from the injury) and so on. The rest of our season is done so we won’t rush him back for any other milestones.

On the other hand, injuries/knocks to McGregor, Barasic, Arfield, Kent, Balogun, Barker have all healed entirely as planned this season.

There is no requirement to rush our captain back with an injury you shouldn’t be gambling with.

If he is out for the rest of the season it’s a blow but we’ll manage.

Just might need to settle for the semi’s or runners up of the Europa without or captain at at least.

He will be just resting it as much as possible, taking the weight off as much as possible

Back