Rookie manager learning the ropes.

I don't harbour expectations other than that he put the foundations of a decent squad together, give us some respect back, and make progress in his own development.
Then it is a matter of taking each game as it comes and along the way, I feel that if the manager becomes all that he can be and the squad keeps improving then let us see what happens.

I am enjoying this season immensely....today apart, .........and I am already looking forward to Thursday.
Anyone who isn't is a strange person in my opinion.
Steven Gerrard has prepared a banquet for us and quite honestly we are really still on the appetizers and it is already proving to be a feast and a half.
So true mate I've read the first 4/5. , replies on a good opening post and agree with them all ,I would certainly take running those tramps a close second and be happy,a cup an extra bonus,most level-headed bears agree that I've spoken to?But if you pay your money your entitled to criticize,but one things for sure the BOSS will learn from it you can be sure if that,looking forward to improving the the season ,and I'm sure we will!

It does seem like Gerrard is giving other Scottish teams a little bit too much respect.

At the moment it feels like Murderwell and Livingscum are able to play to their strengths and we are adapting to that rather than going out there and trying to smash them with our pressing/passing football.

Gerrard said himself he’s took a lot of praise recently so he’s got to take the criticism when it comes. Obviously there are some who go way over the top with both but it’s getting to a point where if you’re not a keep-the-faith happy clapper then you’re labelled either a mentally challenged or a panty wetter.

Are they aloud aye?
As stupid as whatever they have to say might be and we won’t agree with everything they say, aye they are aloud, are these forums not for people who want to put their own point across, I hate all the negativity, but we are a large fan base and we are aloud our own opinion no matter how daft it might be.

I think Gerrard has fallen into the same trap as previous managers in thinking he can bring in young inexperienced loanees and because we are in a poor league they will perform as they did at their clubs.This is a huge mistake as they are up against hardened.commited experienced guys every week with a point to prove who are playing as if their lives depended on it.Ejaria and Coulibaly andWorral are nowhere good enough to be integral parts of a team that could challenge for the title.

I believe we are improving and we will get better but only time will tell.

Sometimes the stats don't always tell the full picture as we have the same points now as we had this time last season (11 from 7 games) and last season we had some horrendous refereeing decisions going against us. Yet just from what we are watching I think we would all agree that we are better now than we were this time last year.

The story is just beginning.

It ends with us winning a few league titles under the manager and him having a hard decision to make in a few years time.

Lowering our expectations isn’t up for debate. The moment we do that we may as well be Hearts. Last season the tims could have been got at, this season they are also showing more signs of vulnerability. We have to get our act together and sharp.

European results are an excellent bonus. We can actually worry about them once we are champions again. Winning the league again is everything to us and the start to the season has been less than convincing on the league front.

Gerrard should and will be given time but we can’t get sucked in to blaming pitches and “bad luck”.

Gerrard is doing his best, but the hard truth is if we had gone out of Europe earty doors, he would be under extreme pressure this morning.

I for one, am quite happy to give him a couple of seasons to build a true Rangers team, but he has to stop giving Scottish teams too much respect, and get in about them from the first whistle.

As stupid as whatever they have to say might be and we won’t agree with everything they say, aye they are aloud, are these forums not for people who want to put their own point across, I hate all the negativity, but we are a large fan base and we are aloud our own opinion no matter how daft it might be.
I'm bowing out.

When you consider everything (Europe etc) he's doing well and I firmly believe we're on the right track. However we simply must beat Hearts next weekend, no excuses.
Domestically our start has not been great, there were circumstance (red card against the sheep, knackered against the Tims), however a defeat or even a draw against Hearts next week officially makes it a poor start (domestically anyway).
We've been helped by the Tims imploding but 11 points behind Hearts would be a big ask to claw back.

We signed up to a Rookie manager, blips should be expected. Cant really complain. Step back needed to look at the bigger picture. We will easily have 6 or 7 more blips like this during the season.

I dont think you can call it as the rookie manager. Miracles have happened already. The squad is actually superb and yes big mistakes have been made away from home but any experienced manager would still make mistakes working with a brand new bunch of players.

Everybody understands that SG is learning the ropes, thats fine we knew what we were getting in the summer.

The issue here is making the same mistake twice.....away to Motherwell and now away to Livingston.

Lafferty is not a wide player and the 2 best centre halves we have at the club must start every game unless they are not fit or suspended.

Are you saying that Goldson and Worrel are not as good as Goldson and Katic.?

He's made some mistakes as we would expect, he's also delivered some very good results and performances beyond his years of managerial experience would have predicted.

The thing I like best about him though is that he is not rolling out excuses, he is not hiding behind some of the lines that have been rolled out.

He never excused the Piggery performance as a travel hangover, he acknowledged we didn't perform well enough or press them as we should have. He isn't bemoaning plastic pitches after yesterday as the reason.

I like a guy who calls a spade a spade and who will see his own and the team's failings and crack down on them.

I can buy into a guy who doesn't waffle pish to protect or molly-coddle under-performing players.

I can believe SG will know when he's got things wrong and will work on being better at it. I also don't think we should be unable or unwilling to do the same and call out the mistakes and pish performances either - I don't think SG would want us to sit on our hands and keep quiet for fear of upsetting the squad.

I think he knows that we'll give them the encouragement and adulation when they get it right and we'll shout from the rooftops when it's not good enough and I think he is the same as us.

PS - I've also heard literally nobody suggest he will be gone by Christmas. If they are, they're fcking idiots.

Back