Rooney on breaking into the Everton team

A player I disliked for some unknown reason for years at United. But having met him numerous times through work he's actually really nice and very helpful to people wanting to get into the game.

For a Scouser he's no bad I guess.

Don't think there's many professions where you can be so good so young. Must be a bit mental for the head.
I heard Kevin Campbell speaking about him, he said he was asked to take Rooney under his wing for a friendly game against lower league opposition, Rooney was 15 and Campbell was a senior pro and wasn't too happy about babysitting a kid, Campbell then spoke about how gobsmacked he was when he saw him play, grown men were bouncing off him (Rooney) and he was spraying the ball about with pinpoint precision and controlling the ball in a way he'd never seem someone so young control a ball.Campbell said he went back into training the next day and told all the senior forwards to watch their backs because this kid is better than them and will take their place very soon.

A player I disliked for some unknown reason for years at United. But having met him numerous times through work he's actually really nice and very helpful to people wanting to get into the game.

For a Scouser he's no bad I guess.
A workmate was taking his grandson into Ibrox for match against the bheasts. Rooney was going towards the Broomloan with a crowd. Workmate asked Rooney for a photo with his grandson (all bedecked in blue). He said Rooney was really nice, took his time and chatted away to them both.

Quite refreshing to hear the honesty rather that the usual sound bites. He was miles ahead of anyone else in that Everton team.

Did he just call Duncan Ferguson crap?

Run and hide Wayne, run and hide!

running-hide.gif

Rooney was not a better player than Shearer.

Comfortably better than Kane though.

I'd agree with that although Kane is underrated imo. I'm not convinced he is totally suited to today's game either. That's not to say he isn't a good player but, if he had been playing around the time of Shearer, for example, I think he'd be up there with the very best in that league.

Rooney was not a better player than Shearer.

Comfortably better than Kane though.
All three are different types of players. Shearer and Kane are goal machines (and even then are very different) but Rooney plays both of them off the park in terms of technical ability.

Rooney had that all round game which for one year at the very least took him close to Messi/Ronaldo level.

Back