Rory Hamilton

I have been fortunate not to have heard his dulcet tones and also don’t wish to hear them !

Reactions: o7o
I watched a bein sports stream tonight and thought the fella on commentary was very decent. Not sure who it was though.

Whatever his allegiances are he at least sounds like he’s enjoying the game, and does know his stuff about Scottish football. McLean has commentated over some of our biggest goals in the last decade the past few years with all the enthusiasm of a speaker at a funeral.

McLean commentating on Patterson’s goal for example would be nowhere near as enthusiastic as Hamilton tonight. Much prefer him and will even go as far as to say he’s quite good at his job for the most part !

Agree, better than R o b M c L e a nnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I know a lot of people will not be able to see past his work for ScumTV, but I find it so refreshing to have him on Comms for our games.

Rob McLean could make Mardi Gras sound like a funeral. Hamilton is by far the best Scottish commentator.
Sorry ,but his comment on the Rattlers game against Lazio, and said "This is Glasgows Colliseum "

I can’t stand him. It’s depressing that it has to be the option between him or MacLean. They’re both utter shite.

Sorry ,but his comment on the Rattlers game against Lazio, and said "This is Glasgows Colliseum "
And? He's a Scottish commentator commentating on a Scottish team in Europe in what was a, let's be honest, brilliant result for the scum. He's doing his job properly.

If only any of the previous two games had anything as exciting as a pointless mentally challenged consolation goal then he might’ve got truly excited.

Eh? Think a few need to take the bias out of the equation. Listen to the commentary compared with RTV, even in the first leg. He was heavily favouring us, celebratory commentary when we scored and disappointed commentary when they scored
You find him refreshing mate, fair enough.

As I said, he sounded like he wouldn’t have been too averse to a repeat of the close nature of the first leg. Anyone commentating on a goal would sound enthused as opposed to Rob McLean’s downbeat style.

If Rory favours us then good luck to him, but on his domestic outings on BT when covering our games, I would describe his output as ‘professional’ at best.

A great night for Rangers in Europe and some posters are still somehow bothered by commentators.
I know...thought the guy was fine...as were the ref and linesmen.

No complaints at all.

A special shout out for the guys who put the balls back on the wee cones too. :)

One of those nights when everything was perfect.

Back