Rory Wilson

“Oh, and get him on a decent contract so we don’t lose out like we did with Billy Gilmour”

So what were you meaning by that?
Exactly what I said. Get him on a contact so no one nips in first.

I'm not saying we missed the boat on Gilmour, but after seeing him leave before getting a run in 1st team, we need to be more aware with other prospects and see what we can do to prevent it happening again.

Were you the guy that was meant to tie up Gilmour or something :p:))

To get the thread back on some sort of track has anyone seen this lad play and what did they make of him?

I am most excited about Charlie Lindsay who I think is going to be a star for us one day.

You’re not listening. We DID have Gilmour on a contract and you are insinuating we can prevent what happened with Gilmour, when the reality is we can’t.
it’s the constant comments like yours insinuating the club could have done better when they couldn’t.

You’re not listening. We DID have Gilmour on a contract and you are insinuating we can prevent what happened with Gilmour, when the reality is we can’t.
it’s the constant comments like yours insinuating the club could have done better when they couldn’t.
We never had Gilmore on a contract.

No we didn't

That's a hefty tag to hang on any youngster and, perhaps, a bit unfair on the kid. He's still playing with the u18s I think, isn't he? I believe he's still only 15 or 16 years old so probably not even on a professional contract yet.

I do hope we don't go through a phase of every youngster being described as 'the next Billy Gilmour'.
That’s a stick on mate and tbf if happens all over. Every talented kid is the next somebody.

Exactly what I said. Get him on a contact so no one nips in first.

I'm not saying we missed the boat on Gilmour, but after seeing him leave before getting a run in 1st team, we need to be more aware with other prospects and see what we can do to prevent it happening again.

Were you the guy that was meant to tie up Gilmour or something :p:))
I think the earliest they can sign a pro contract is 16 years old. And even then, there’s a limit on how long the contract can be - it‘s generally 2 years, it might be three that’s the maximum, but it’s short.

There was nothing we could have done about Gilmore ,either on contract signing as he could not sign professionally untill he was 16. It is clear that Chelsea could set him up for life with his first contract and it's clear that he has done the right thing given how things have panned out for him. Everyone involved acted professionally. Rangers could not play him any earlier because of football regulations. Chelsea did well by us giving us far more than they were obliged to. From all I have read the Gilmore's acted properly and professionally as well. Rangers did all they could to keep him and when it was not going to happen got a very good deal with Chelsea Hopefully more of the young players make the first team squad with Kelly being a possibility this season.

There was nothing we could have done about Gilmore ,either on contract signing as he could not sign professionally untill he was 16. It is clear that Chelsea could set him up for life with his first contract and it's clear that he has done the right thing given how things have panned out for him. Everyone involved acted professionally. Rangers could not play him any earlier because of football regulations. Chelsea did well by us giving us far more than they were obliged to. From all I have read the Gilmore's acted properly and professionally as well. Rangers did all they could to keep him and when it was not going to happen got a very good deal with Chelsea Hopefully more of the young players make the first team squad with Kelly being a possibility this season.
Thank you, at last someone who understands

MacKenzie caught my eye on Tuesday for Rangers B.
He’s got “it”. As does Robbie Ure. Would like to see them train with the first team at some point this season and possibly game time in early cup rounds. Obviously providing it doesn’t detract from the B team’s success.

Rory is a fantastic prospect but there is a long way to go. You can't compare him to Billy Gilmour or Leon King for that matter as they are all entirely different players. Rory is an out and out goalscorer and came on and scored for the U18's last season as an u15 player.

Not sure when he turns 16 but as a 2006 player, that means he won't be 16 until 2022, whether that is January or December I don't know.

So he will not be on a pro contract at the moment. There is going to be a lot of interest from other clubs, EPL clubs now taking more interest in Scotland as Brexit has hindered the recruitment of young players from the continent. The club will be doing everything they can to convince him his immediate future is at Rangers,

Back