Ross County Press Conference

Jacko out for a couple of weeks. Barker & Jones in PC mentioned as "coming back from injury, need to prove themselves for selection". No mention of Doc replacing Jack. Would like to see Edmundson instead of pulling aribo/arfield from attack.

Would have preferred Gerrard to take the press conference on the back of a defeat tbh but it's no biggie.

Tav still a big blow and makes me shudder to think Flanagan would have probably been in for him for all the games if Polster didn't have a good 45 against Hearts.

Jack is a blow and highlights our sudden lack of depth in midfield. Arfield in, means Kamara keeps his place after a mare and no one to come off the bench unless it's Docherty who has been told he's not fancied and is lacking proper game time or bringing Aribo back from a position that he has looked consistently good in. If doing this, then you have a choice of Barker, Jones & Ojo to fill that spot, two of which have been linked with moves away in the last 12 hours for being surplus to requirements and the other is going through an awful bit of form coupled with lack of confidence.

Two injuries to key players following a suspension to another. Worryingly thin all things considered. The quality in our squad depth needs urgently addressed.

Tav another 2 weeks away, every time someone’s injured they are 2 weeks away, Jack 10 days to 2 weeks, which in rangers terms means 3/4 weeks

doesn't look like barker and jones are on the way out
seems they are getting the chance to prove themselves
its up to them to grasp that chance with both hands

Macca absolutely doesn’t know how long Tav is still out for not Ryan Jack tripping over words when quizzed on it and never even took in the right question or answer provided when being quizzed on JJ and BB.

Surprised to hear GM say that he didn't see Sunday coming. We have been fairly rotten since the winter break. I'm sure a few of us, although disappointed, did see it coming.

So it doesn't look like Barker and Jones are for the off then, reading that.

I think the opposite, reading between the lines.

When asked about them Gary Mac replies “We thought these guys could make impact” and it sounded like he deliberately used past tense.

He looked like he wanted to say “But they haven’t” before cutting himself short and being a bit more diplomatic with his response.

I reckon both will be gone before the end of the window.

Back