Ross County release 14 players

I know a lot of people will say ”f*ck them” and I can understand that, but at the same time I think we should be pragmatic and take advantage of the situation by getting as many of our promising kids on loan at teams like these next season.
There will never be a better chance for them to get consistent games as a lot of teams will be struggling to get a squad together.
There would be a sense of satisfaction seeing teams struggle but I would far rather see us with a successful squad worth millions in a couple of years.
I’m torn on this. I’d would be good if we can take advantage of the situation, don’t know if there’s a limit but it would only be beneficial if 2-4 players go to the same team and learn how to play men’s football together. Chances are we send a a creative midfielder to a team that play hoof the baw, and a defender to a team shipping goals. Can’t see us being able to dictate a club how to use our players.
On the other hand I’d be trying to punt Stewart, Jones, Barker and Murphy to different teams to give them Three or four chanceA to hurt Celtic.

Out with the big premiership teams in England a lot of clubs are going to be Donald Ducked in the U.K.

Certainly going to knock the transfer fees down.

Serious question, are these levels unusual? Teams always let players go in the off season. How many players would a team like them usually replace? I mean we’ve released 7 with possibly a few more to follow but that doesn’t mean we’re in trouble, just clearing out dead wood. Could this not be the same?

It's slightly worse than usual I would guess, but that really isn't the issue.

Replacing them while under financial restraint, no income.

They are in a weak position. As are every other club outside of us and Knewco.

A few footballers? Wait to you see the amount of welders, engineers, joiners and brickees that's on the broo.

It's going to be carnage.

Doncaster has fair saved everyone hasn't he? Perhaps the media can start asking what part of "saving" the clubs he has taken part in. By the time the new season eventually kicks off Scottish football will be even further into the backwater than it was - which was pretty far.

Serious question, are these levels unusual? Teams always let players go in the off season. How many players would a team like them usually replace? I mean we’ve released 7 with possibly a few more to follow but that doesn’t mean we’re in trouble, just clearing out dead wood. Could this not be the same?

The statement mentions two players have renewed contracts and two others have been offered new contracts.

It's an opportunity to thin out the squad knowing that when the time comes to start the season, a lot of players will be available to pick up again. In the meantime, retain your best players and keep costs low.

Clubs maybe won’t have any players for the remainder of the Scottish Cup, apart from the poets

If the released players struggle to find a new club maybe the County chairman could hook them up with a job. McGregor pretty much has the Highlands sewn up.

All these clubs having to release players and yet the clubs sided with that arse Doncaster who's on nearly £400K a year....seriously should have voted with us for the independent inquiry and got shot of all the high earners that do feck all for Scottish football.

Most of them can now go back to their original sport.

hammer-Highland-Games-Scotland.jpg

This is the beginning of the end of Scottish football.

If they mothball potentially the 3 lower leagues I can't see how these clubs could start back up in a year with no players or non playing staff?

You really can't run any kind of league system with between 12-16 teams and even some of the teams in the premiership would probably be facing insolvency next season as well.

We really need to start looking at potentially getting out of Scottish football before it's too late.
The lower leagues will get going again later with players from Amateur or Junior football. Plenty of kids out there who can fill that lower league void when there are fans allowed back in.

They are keeping players on temporarily so they can claim 80% wages on furlough. They have told them they wont be getting resigned so are utilising a government scheme. Does not sit right with me.
Thanks mate.
No that doesn’t seem right. As soon as the furlough is over they will be released.

I fully expect Neil Doncaster to do the decent thing and forego his massive wages, instead donating them to help out needy clubs/players.

It might happen but this is a non story and you are reading something in it that isn't there.

Ten of the players released are teenagers and barely played a handful of first team games between them.

Foster is 34 and would be classed a veteran. McManus was on loan at Falkirk all last season. That leaves the two former Rangers youth players who played around twenty first team games each.

They have hardly slashed their first team squad, but it makes a headline.

It can’t be good news that the whole market for players goes into free fall but I’m sure the premium market will still find its customers.

For every 1000 Ricky Fosters there’s 1 Alfie.

It could mean we can pick up some bargains in the mid range, but clearly our squad is in the first stages of being trimmed back so we also take a hit as we move players on.

Swings and roundabouts maybe, the scum have a gazillion players and many bang average that they’ve spunked a fortune on so hopefully it hits them hard.

So they vote against corruption for money, then still bullet their players?
Another sham that is scottish football... the players must be raging

The poets are getting free goes at 30 million champions league money and the pricks that voted for it cant afford to keep their players.

what an absolute sham. Even if we start the season its looking tainted already should they do 10. End up with part timers playing should their be no crowds. These clubs cant afford that

They are keeping players on temporarily so they can claim 80% wages on furlough. They have told them they wont be getting resigned so are utilising a government scheme. Does not sit right with me.
That’s no different to someone being “rehired” by their old employer if they left and didn’t qualify for furlough. In fact people were shouting and bawling for it to be made an option

Definitely doesn’t sit right with me. Essentially the players are contractors, no different from joe public who works for someone on a fixed term contract. If the contract is coming to an end it’s unfortunate, however it’s something that a player / contractor should prepare for.

The furlough scheme isn’t a magic money tree. We as a nation will be paying this back for a long time, the last thing we need is football clubs leeching off it.

Thanks mate.
No that doesn’t seem right. As soon as the furlough is over they will be released.
Some of them will be signed up again and others won’t. Nobody knows what the season will look like so difficult for clubs to make decisions around new contracts

These clubs release many players each season. Nearly all of their squads are on 1 year contracts.

County usually only give out 1 year deals anyway, not really sure how this is big news. They also have a wealthy owner so they won't be going anywhere.

And delighted to see that greeting face Foster is among them. Guys a clown

I doubt he will keep playing unless it’s for Maryhill Juniors, he is 34 now.

I remember reading somewhere that he was writing a book. Are there many words in a pop-up book?

Reactions: GF1
The poets are getting free goes at 30 million champions league money and the pricks that voted for it cant afford to keep their players.

what an absolute sham. Even if we start the season its looking tainted already should they do 10. End up with part timers playing should their be no crowds. These clubs cant afford that

I made that comment weeks ago and was told it may not be £30m / they have to go through qualifiers still / no one knows what will happen.

I don't know what will happen.

However, your whole point stands. Celtc do have access to the Champions League now as declared "winners" and any monies with that.

The SPFL have made decisions that only seem to have benefited 1 team through all of this... other teams left to rot and die.

So what was the point in taking the money from the SPFL? I thought that money was what clubs required to stay afloat during these difficult times?

Couldn’t give a %^*& about Ross county like many have said, especially as they were so vocal during the voting processes last month.
Think we could actually end up losing “footballers” to other industries much like the construction industry did during the recession.
Won’t be easy for the likes of Ross County, Hamilton, St Mirren etc to get back up and running as their squads will be bare and they will all be competing to get the same pull of players which will be diminished.

If a lot of teams do fold we could end up playing against amauteurs, who is going to pay to cover that or watch it? All thanks to the orcs.
There was a thread yesterday about the rhats end game.It was ridiculed by a few on here.If Scottish foootball goes like the league of Ireland wales etc then hopefully we won’t still be here.I honestly think that is was their end game all along ruin it to big for it and move on.As I said hopefully we are long gone as well by that time.

There will be more from other clubs and yet you can bet your lot that Celtic FC although be it out of public eye will be pushing for Scottish Cup to be finished to enable them to obtain another trophy under false pretences.A club like no other indeed.

We could take advantage of this big time.

We improve our team and the other teams are weakened.

The 4 games against them next season will be even more crucial.

And here lays the problem, basically a 4 game championship and what happens if the ref makes a dodgy decision, league could be gone because of one penalty given or not

Back