Ross County team

bringbackmols

Naturally disappointed with the result today, started slow again and we were made to pay for it this time. However the last 15 mins of the first half and the whole 2nd half we were clearly the better side and the only one threatening, doing largely the things that we've done throughout the season which is generally enough to win, so i'm not going to overreact.

Thinking ahead to the County game at home, i'm thinking there is a few players that need a rest and maybe another that needs dropped for below par performances of late.

Unfortunately with dropping points today, i'd be loathed to field too much of a weakened team this Saturday so for me the majority of the performers stay on.

I'm probably looking at resting Davis, he's played alot of football at a high level recently. Preferably that would be Jack that replaces him after a good weeks training, but if it needs to be Zungo then he can get the nod.

I'd completely drop Kent. And I'd tell him "this isn't you being rested, this is because right now I believe there are others performing above what i'm getting from you right now".

As much as i'd like to give Tav and/or Barisic a rest, i'm not confident enough in the back up for this game, I don't think I'd want to be taking chances.

So my thinking is: 4-3-1-2 with Itten in for Kent and playing him up front ALONGSIDE Alfie, with Hagi in behind with freedom to roam. Additionally i'm bringing Helander back into the fold.

Jack in for Davis, if not, and zungu is doing the business in training, then Zungu.

---------------------Shagger
Tav ----------Goldson------Helander------Borna
--------Aribo-------Jack-------Kamara
--------------------Hagi
-----------Itten-----------Alfie

I'd probably add that Kamara is lucky we don't have the midfield depth just now or he would be getting dropped after today as well. Hagi has just did enough for me over the last run of games to get given the benefit of the doubt and I like his hunger and dig.

I dont think it will be an easy game to be honest.. they've been doing well since Hughes took over.

Hopefully we get an early goal and really get at them.

Davis was our best player today. Again. He’s looking anything but tired and can cope just fine with 1 game a week.

I think it highly unlikely that Jack will come in, after so long out, as a starter.

Aribo, Hagi and Morelos might be in danger of getting a ‘rest’ though. I think Itten might get a start.

You’ve dropped our best player today.

Jack has been out for a long time, can’t really just throw him straight in.

Balogun has doing nothing to deserve being benched.
1. He's 36 and NEEDED for Hibs away. He needs managed. If he gets injured against Ross County due to over useage then we're up shit creek. Ross County may be on the up but if we can't beat them without Davis then we don't deserve to.

2, Fair point on Jack, maybe Zungu

3. Helander makes us a better back 4 imo.

We need to get the game done from the first whistle get a few goals then we can rest key players, I see Gerrard sticking with same players and hopefully Roofe and Jack make the squad.

I don’t think we need to go crazy with the changes. We weren’t great today but still had enough chances to win it, and with a week to prepare I don’t think we’ll need to rest people.

What do people think of putting Hagi into Aribo’s spot in midfield and playing Itten in Hagi’s place?

I don’t think we need to go crazy with the changes. We weren’t great today but still had enough chances to win it, and with a week to prepare I don’t think we’ll need to rest people.

What do people think of putting Hagi into Aribo’s spot in midfield and playing Itten in Hagi’s place?
You've literally said not to go crazy then went crazier than my selection. Or certainly more unorthadox.

As it stands, I don't disagree in general because I think we need other options and I believe Hagi puts enough work in and is intense enough with the press and workrate to play it.

but I wouldn't play him there yet because there is alot to understand tactically in those roles I believe. So yes longer term just to see if he can offer that option, but no right now. Would rather him in a role he is more comfortable.

The good thing is that Yogi likes his teams to play football. He doesn’t usually park the bus so there should be space to work with for our creative players

You've literally said not to go crazy then went crazier than my selection. Or certainly more unorthadox.

As it stands, I don't disagree in general because I think we need other options and I believe Hagi puts enough work in and is intense enough with the press and workrate to play it.

but I wouldn't play him there yet because there is alot to understand tactically in those roles I believe. So yes longer term just to see if he can offer that option, but no right now. Would rather him in a role he is more comfortable.
Point taken ha. Was trying to think of alternatives in midfield since ideally we’d have Arfield in there but obviously that’s not an option atm

Davis doesn’t need a rest in 6 days time. Off form players arguably need a ‘rest’ but not those who have been playing well.

Not sure about the Hibs game being high-paced. It will be the usual - attack against defence.
I'm willing to wager the opposite. Hibs will absolutely lift their game against us and take the game to us, especially at Easter Road.

I'd much rather a fully rested Davis in that match.

I'm willing to wager the opposite. Hibs will absolutely lift their game against us and take the game to us, especially at Easter Road.

I'd much rather a fully rested Davis in that match.
Hibs aren’t good enough - right now - to take the game to us. They might lift their game, especially Porteous in terms of hacking down anything that moves, but that’s a different thing entirely.

Hibs aren’t good enough - right now - to take the game to us. They might lift their game, especially Porteous in terms of hacking down anything that moves, but that’s a different thing entirely.
Motherwell are worse than Hibs, alot worse, and did enough. Hibs are much better and more of an attacking threat. They won't dominate the game, but they'll threaten and attempt to take the game to us. They will create more chances than the average SPL team in general and also press quicker.

Apart from the sheep game Kent has been underperforming for a long time. However he won't be dropped due to his attitude and work rate.

One position that I'd like changed is Aribo's. He played well a few weeks ago and is working okay but not a lot is coming off for him. The problem with Arfield being injured is we don't have anyone to play there. I'd like us to sign a midfielder.

I think what I'm basically saying is, is that SG is picking the best team available just now,

Davis was our best player today. Again. He’s looking anything but tired and can cope just fine with 1 game a week.

I think it highly unlikely that Jack will come in, after so long out, as a starter.

Aribo, Hagi and Morelos might be in danger of getting a ‘rest’ though. I think Itten might get a start.
I'd have Defoe in as well. He looked more dangerous in 10 minutes than others did in an hour plus.

Apart from the sheep game Kent has been underperforming for a long time. However he won't be dropped due to his attitude and work rate.

One position that I'd like changed is Aribo's. He played well a few weeks ago and is working okay but not a lot is coming off for him. The problem with Arfield being injured is we don't have anyone to play there. I'd like us to sign a midfielder.

I think what I'm basically saying is, is that SG is picking the best team available just now,
Do you not think Aribo defended extremely well today and took up nice positions in the attack that let's us play in and around the box Coop?

A number of times he won the ball back today when he just did not have a right to, and then ran away with the ball.

For me he did well today. Could have been better, like almost every single player today aside from perhaps Davis, but he got bigger pass marks from me than a few others.

Motherwell are worse than Hibs, alot worse, and did enough. Hibs are much better and more of an attacking threat. They won't dominate the game, but they'll threaten and attempt to take the game to us. They will create more chances than the average SPL team in general and also press quicker.
Surely we should look to our performance, not the opposition. You say ‘Motherwell did enough’ I say Rangers didn’t do enough.

Play like we did for the first hour in Sheepsville and we win comfortably. Play like we did first half today and we’d lose to Hearts never mind Hibs.

Such a fuss over two dropped points in almost 50.

Kent gets loads of criticism on here, some of which is justified.

Quite a mystery how Aribo manages to dodge it though. He was been shocking since coming back from injury. His performance against celtic was comfortably the worst I've seen from one of our players this season. He was better against Aberdeen but he was back to being infuriating today.

Naturally disappointed with the result today, started slow again and we were made to pay for it this time. However the last 15 mins of the first half and the whole 2nd half we were clearly the better side and the only one threatening, doing largely the things that we've done throughout the season which is generally enough to win, so i'm not going to overreact.

Thinking ahead to the County game at home, i'm thinking there is a few players that need a rest and maybe another that needs dropped for below par performances of late.

Unfortunately with dropping points today, i'd be loathed to field too much of a weakened team this Saturday so for me the majority of the performers stay on.

I'm probably looking at resting Davis, he's played alot of football at a high level recently. Preferably that would be Jack that replaces him after a good weeks training, but if it needs to be Zungo then he can get the nod.

I'd completely drop Kent. And I'd tell him "this isn't you being rested, this is because right now I believe there are others performing above what i'm getting from you right now".

As much as i'd like to give Tav and/or Barisic a rest, i'm not confident enough in the back up for this game, I don't think I'd want to be taking chances.

So my thinking is: 4-3-1-2 with Itten in for Kent and playing him up front ALONGSIDE Alfie, with Hagi in behind with freedom to roam. Additionally i'm bringing Helander back into the fold.

Jack in for Davis, if not, and zungu is doing the business in training, then Zungu.

---------------------Shagger
Tav ----------Goldson------Helander------Borna
--------Aribo-------Jack-------Kamara
--------------------Hagi
-----------Itten-----------Alfie

I'd probably add that Kamara is lucky we don't have the midfield depth just now or he would be getting dropped after today as well. Hagi has just did enough for me over the last run of games to get given the benefit of the doubt and I like his hunger and dig.
Davis will have a weeks rest and was the best midfielder on the park today,1 game a week is easy for him.as for having aribo in over davis is crazy mate.aribo contributes nothing from CM.

Jack davis kamara

Itten Morelos Kent

Surely we should look to our performance, not the opposition. You say ‘Motherwell did enough’ I say Rangers didn’t do enough.

Play like we did for the first hour in Sheepsville and we win comfortably. Play like we did first half today and we’d lose to Hearts never mind Hibs.

Such a fuss over two dropped points in almost 50.
I'm not fussing about dropping points today; i'm disappointed but have taken it in my stride. You're just seeing what you want to see. I'm afraid we're just two people in life that would never see eye to eye on most things. Have a good evening.

Kent gets loads of criticism on here, some of which is justified.

Quite a mystery how Aribo manages to dodge it though. He was been shocking since coming back from injury. His performance against celtic was comfortably the worst I've seen from one of our players this season. He was better against Aberdeen but he was back to being infuriating today.

Totally agree, Aribo needs to be dropped his performances have been really poor of late, nowhere near the required level.

But who do we replace him with? Maybe play Hagi in Aribo's position and play Roofe or Itten in Hagi's position.

The same motherwell squad that finished best of the rest last season are worse than hibs? They (motherwell) were on a torrid run, they got a new manager in and got back to something like what they are capable of. Absolute hyperbole.

I don’t think any players need a rest, we are playing 1 game a week right now.

Some are a bit off form right enough. I can see Itten playing instead of Hagi. Jack may be back as well which would be good to see and would replace Aribo in midfield, he just isn’t playing well there right now.

I am certain as I can be that Ryan Jack will start next Saturday. And hopefully Kemar Roofe will be back in the team.
If Roofe doesn’t start, hopefully he will get some minutes from the bench and be ready to face the spoonburners.

I actually thought kent was excellent against Aberdeen last week,laboured today,next week will be a repeat of the second half today,you can pick any team and formation you like,if we don’t get that early goal it’s a game of crosses,how deep did Motherwell go today second half,it’s hard to break down!!

I would actually like to see us play a different 3-5-2 formation and use some of the players we have got who could make us more attacking but also even more solid at the back.

back 3 Balogun Goldson Helander
Middle 5 Tav Davis/Jack/Kamara Hagi/Kent Aribo/Arfield Borna
Front 2 Alfie and Roofe

I actually think that would destroy a lot of teams as Tav and Borna would not have to do as much defending.
It would also allow the creative players to have less defending to do and with two strikers up top playing more in the box, there is more chance of them being on the end of things.

If Jack and Roofe are back I'd be tempted to put them in. However, if we are working on the premise that they are out:

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Kamara

Itten
Hagi
Kent

Morelos
I’d go with this. Although, not fussed if it’s Leon at the back. Prefer Helander, rate them both.

That formation, or the usual 433. Either way, that starting line up looks as strong as we can go.

On current form our strongest 11 may not include Kent, unfortunately.
Not doing enough for me to be an automatic first team pick.
Don’t know enough about Scott Wright if he’s going to be challenging Kent for that position.

The kind of game I would love to see us play with 2 out and out strikers through the middle. One minor tweak and our general style of play can remain the same. My team would be...

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Borna

Kamara
Davis
Aribo

Hagi

Morelos
Itten/Defoe

Feel like Kent needs a rest.

*can easily slot in Jack or Roofe if they are fit again.

Back