Match Thread ** Ross County v Rangers - 14:00 Sun 28th - Sky Sports **

Great result, good team effort Murty starting to get to know how to use the new resources at his disposal. Great to see Cummings score, Murphy was immense.

Start of things getting better. Dave will be here to do a pile of work, interesting to see what happens next few days.

He's just made several very shrewd signings, he's beat Aberdeen 3 times and has ground out 2 draws against the unwashed. He's also just shown that he can make substitutions that can change a game AND that we can grind out wins against those supposed 'lesser' teams he was struggling with the first time.

Let's just give the guy a chance shall we?

That’s far too sensible for here

Just read this thread you would think we got beat ffs.
Our players are now shite murty clueless ect ect
We gave a lot in the sheep game then travelled to today's game.
There would have been tired legs out there .

This will take time just win one game at a time .
The last thing the players need is us on their back

BE HAPPY WE WON

It was a good win and important to keep the pressure on 1st and 3rd. I kinda guessed the type of performance today would be a bit below par given the energy used against the sheep. Windass should have been substitued around 55 mins. I would have liked to see Cummings with Morelos.
Goss and Murphy were good. The team is still lacking in overall quality and energy levels will improve with each game.
This is my thoughts on the game also.

The Mrs and i had to sit in the Ross County end today as we failed to gain tickets on cccs, missed both second half goals as we left with 10 mins or so to go, couldn't listen anymore to the haters around me.

I thought we didn't show enough intensity today, particularly in the second half. However this type of game is never easy, so the three points won are most welcome.

Onwards and upwards as the new boys bed in.

It was a good win and with a little more composure could have been out of sight.

I breathed a lot more easily after the second as they were just playing long balls hoping for a break. Cant see how either the Bates or Russell handballs were penaltys.

We ground out the win in the end and that for me is a huge positive as previous teams may well have thrown that away.

Well done Bears good 3 points.

decent first half where we again fail to put the ball in the net to reflect the superiority

to that in the second half

these lapses in concentration/quality HAVE to stop

ross county are horseshit

Great result, good team effort Murty starting to get to know how to use the new resources at his disposal. Great to see Cummings score, Murphy was immense.

Start of things getting better. Dave will be here to do a pile of work, interesting to see what happens next few days.

I thought Murphy was average personally, but hey ho. Good to see Cummings score and the Bears win though.

Why not they did with Warburton and Pedro.

Yeah.....Warburton was here for 18 months, Pedro managed to make a pigs ear of things before, during and after his signings and threw in crazy sound bites as well. Murty on the other hand is still in signing business and just beaten 2nd place to put us there and now just won away from home..... to be fair.... I don’t see change happening imminently.

I’ll go further. I think you’re deluding yourself if you think Murty isn’t to see out the season.

Yeah.....Warburton was here for 18 months, Pedro managed to make a pigs ear of things before, during and after his signings and threw in crazy sound bites as well. Murty on the other hand is still in signing business and just beaten 2nd place to put us there and now just won away from home..... to be fair.... I don’t see change happening imminently.

I’ll go further. I think you’re deluding yourself if you think Murty isn’t to see out the season.

We will see I guess, will help him, Jimmy Nicholl added, but we should have went with a new Manager as soon as we knew Pedro was getting the chop.

We will see I guess, will help him, Jimmy Nicholl added, but we should have went with a new Manager as soon as we knew Pedro was getting the chop.

Agreed, there wasn’t no excuse for a lack of succession planning when Pedro was floundering for a while before he was axed.

How big is their centre half. At times I thought they had a young Doddie Weir out there.

Could play a wee bit as well but what a lump.

A good win today and a very important three points.
One particularly pleasing aspect of our current set-up is that Candeias and Murphy can provide defensive back-up to their respective full backs. This has massively improved our defensive capability when the full backs venture upfield and get stranded against a counter attack.
We now have two talented strikers capable of scoring against any team. Though Morelos had a relatively poor game today I don’t think it’s time to bench him in favour of Cummings other than in the coming game versus Fraserburgh - that will hit his confidence; rather see how the two play together starting next weekend.

Agreed, there wasn’t no excuse for a lack of succession planning when Pedro was floundering for a while before he was axed.

We were really quite close to them in terms of points at the time, Pity we were not in that position now with the changes to the Squad to see how any pressure would affect them.

Murty needed to make those changes 10 mins earlier than he did.

This is a continuous failing that you see with Murty. Time and time again he does not use subs when blatantly required. You can clearly see at times a change is required or a player is physically done and he rarely changes it early.

How big is their centre half. At times I thought they had a young Doddie Weir out there.

Could play a wee bit as well but what a lump.

he loved to ping it from the left side of defence to their attacking right side as they must've highlighted tav & candeias as a possible weak link in the air

A good win today and a very important three points.
One particularly pleasing aspect of our current set-up is that Candeias and Murphy can provide defensive back-up to their respective full backs. This has massively improved our defensive capability when the full backs venture upfield and get stranded against a counter attack.
We now have two talented strikers capable of scoring against any team. Though Morelos had a relatively poor game today I don’t think it’s time to bench him in favour of Cummings other than in the coming game versus Fraserburgh - that will hit his confidence; rather see how the two play together starting next weekend.

if Murty wants to play both of them i'd say wednesday is the time to do it , drop Windass but keep everyone else the same maybe change the keepers

I thought we didn't show enough intensity today, particularly in the second half. However this type of game is never easy, so the three points won are most welcome.

Onwards and upwards as the new boys bed in.

Our record against County last season was played 3, drawn 3. Our record this season is played 3, won 3. I'll settle for that.

It’s a cliche, I know, but sometimes cliches betray the truth. Three points was the most important thing today. Our first half performance was due a bigger lead, and if there’s a worry it is that we’re not putting games to bed when we have dominance. Second half was a typical SPFL slog on a heavy pitch that didn’t suit nuanced football, however there were chances RC could have snuck back into the game. However, like I said, 3pts and regaining 2nd place was the most important thing today. It was also nice to see Cummings open his account and seal the win

Back