Match Thread ** Ross County v Rangers - 14:00 Sun 28th - Sky Sports **

Expected the same team to first, hopefully we’ll be in a comfortable enough position to give Cummings and Docherty some minutes.

What I will say though is that our bench is crying out for some more width, if O’Halloran isn’t going to be used then that’s an area I’d be looking to strengthen in this window.

Good decision to keep Docherty on the bench. He can change the game late on if needed. Rousing reception,buzzing to get on. Him and Cummings are great options to have .

Expected the same team to first, hopefully we’ll be in a comfortable enough position to give Cummings and Docherty some minutes.

What I will say though is that our bench is crying out for some more width, if O’Halloran isn’t going to be used then that’s an area I’d be looking to strengthen in this window.

Can we consider this confirmation MOH is away??

3 points is top priority. A nice performance, clean sheet and goals for Murphy and Cummings a bonus.

Let’s build a bit of momentum today.

Surprised at the confidence in here. We've recorded good results against stronger teams throughout Murty's spell, and consistently struggled against weaker sides. Beating Aberdeen again will have no bearing on today. Any sort of win and I'll be happy.

Our squad numbers are all over the shop now.

Only four guys wear traditional starting numbers now.

Docherty something mental like 48.

Dave King early in the stands for the game, also nice to see Dorrans travel with the squad for the match.

A good attacking start and buffalo with his shooting boots on and we should be fine.

Hope that Cummings and docherty get half an hour each.

Murty has, 100%, had some media handling training. He is deliberately being a lot more forceful in his replies, starting sentences with definitives like 'No' a lot more rather than the more wishy washy stuff he started out with. A marked difference in interview style for me.

I am sure he did some radio work when with Reading.

Has a fair bit of media experience.

Win first and foremost today. Hopefully most of the incoming players will be here for a while, so plenty of time to play them into the team.

We should be aiming to "win" the second part of the league of 16 remaining games.

Momentum is building but it can easily be lost.

Ross County are bottom of the league for a reason, but they will be right up for this.

A win is priority, then the performance. But it would be great to put on a convincing performance and score a few goals, it feels right now that other clubs are starting to fear us a bit again, let's build on that.

As mentioned we have struggled (mainly at home) against the “lesser” teams.
I always hate being away to County but got a good feeling today.
2-0 Murphy & Morelos

Owen Coyle saying 5 or 6 County players out. They're going to try and build a brick wall in front of their goal I feel.

Not sure what he’s like in private but publicly he’s been pretty fair about us in the past IIRC.

Clear where his allegiances lie, but I've been in his company a few times and is actually a pretty sound guy.

I'm sure the ubers will be along to correct me shortly.

Back