Match Thread ** Ross County v Rangers - 14:00 Sun 28th - Sky Sports **

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
0ShbOYC.png

Another must win (aren't they all).

Will be watching in the pub......3 points will be nice :):):)

Must win for us. Won't be easy going up there, battling against a team desperate for survival.

2-0 the famous.

I know we've not dropped points against this particular team but it's this type of fixture that's tripped us up this season so I'm hoping to see us starting to steamroller them tomorrow.

9 points off the sheep but only level in the league leaves you wondering what might have been if we'd done the business in the bread and butter fixtures this season. We should really be breathing down their necks.

I fully expect a Rangers victory, the team are playing well and confidence is growing. We need to go into these game with a positive attitude. They are bottom of the league and we should be taking care of them easy, simple as.

Love the fact we've got two games a week at the moment, can't wait for tomorrow. Another win, another three points.

Play up the Glasgow Rangers.

feel like this could be the start of putting a run together hopefully (said that alot before this season) but with the new signings adding real quality I can see it actually happening this time Mon the Gers

No point in just beating the ‘bigger’ clubs if we do not take care of the minnows. Expecting a tough game but we must back up Wednesday with three points here

Should be a victory.
It may depend on whether we are allowed to play without being booted around the park. Hope the ref takes firm control right from the kick-off (for once).

Another win please in what could be a tricky away match.

Let's get some momentum to match the feel-good around the club.

Same lineup and formation as Wednesday night, as we looked like scoring every time we went forward.

Freshen it up and rest a few against Fraserburgh.

Bus heading up at 8am and looking forward to seeing another strong performance.

Must win match, got to put together a winning run.

Shows how much attention I pay to the league, never realised Ross County were rock bottom.

A must win game for us. We have to be more consistent. Same starting eleven from midweek will do for me.

If we are changing to try and accommodate Cummings into the team, this is what I would try:

Fod
Tav Bates Martin John
Goss/holt
Candeias windass Murphy
Cummings Morelos.

Last edited:
If we are changing to try and accommodate Cummings into the team, this is what I would try:

Fod
Tav Bates Martin John
Goss/holt
Candiass windass Murphy
Cummings Morelos.

Why would we change to accommodate anyone mate,particularly a loan signing?

Especially as we probably played our best football of the season on Wednesday and our front 4 were outstanding.

After the last sheep games I was confident of our next few results. It did not pan out with the St Johnstone and Killie results. I am again confident, but it is always there in the back of the mind that we can throw out a shocking performance against the dross now and then. Will be tougher than their league position indicates and a win is a good result for us in the context of a few bad results against shite. 0-2 to get a wee run going.

I expect a Rangers victory ( as always). A little concerned about how we sat in after our second goal against Dolly. Hope Murty et al has a look at this. When we took the game to them they were rarely in our box.That’s how to defend.It has happened to us in earlier games against the wee teams. Hopefully we’ll learn from Wednesday and with the better personnel we’ve acquired we can try and keep the high press going throughout ( difficult as I know this can be )

I see so many posting this team.

That is essentially a 4-1-5. That would be crazy.

I know. Magic ain’t it , you don’t have to have the three quite as advanced.

Just can’t see how we Cummings in. If we try 4-4-2 (diamond) I feel you lose the effectiveness of candiass and Murphy.

I guess you could go flat 4-4-2 but it’s kinda outdated in these days. Glad I’m not trying to pick the team.

Fod
Tav Bates Martin John
Goss/holt
Candiass windass Murphy
Cummings Morelos.

Perfect team for me mate, lets see what Rangers can really do to teams when going for an attacking line up. Docherty introduced for either Holt or Windass depending on poorest out the two. Cannot wait.

does anyone else think cummings would have burried the chances spurned by el buffalo v aberdeen ?? would like to see them both play up there together tho

Fod
Tav Bates Martin John
Goss/holt
Candiass windass Murphy
Cummings Morelos.
Hard to leave out either Goss or Holt after Wednesday. Whether we do that to accommodate Morelos and Cummings or stick with Wednesday’s team, I think if we press high on their defence, either side will win and win well. The only thing we must guard against is complacency and realise that for the first 20 mins at least, it’s all out war.
Would love to see Docherty come on at some stage.

I see so many posting this team.

That is essentially a 4-1-5. That would be crazy.

It’s as easy to make it a 442 or a 352

The benefit is that we defend from our front line and terrify teams pressing a high line against us with our pace.

3 - 0 to the Famous. Hope the weather improves though, it's howling a gale here in Dingwall tonight.

does anyone else think cummings would have burried the chances spurned by el buffalo v aberdeen ?? would like to see them both play up there together tho

Perhaps, I feel like Cummings could be a bigger danger to teams than Morelos if they were to play in a front two, why that is I'm not sure but could be down to Cummings setting the Scottish Championship alight with goals three seasons in a row and a lot more agile than Morelos is down to their builds. What Morelos adds is holding the play up for team mates, physicality and unbelievable shot power. Interesting to see who the faster player will be out the two.

Just can't understand why certain posters are hell bent in getting Cummings into the team.

We've played 4-2-3-1 at the piggery and last Wednesday and it's the best we've played all season.

Cummings is a good addition to the squad, but he shouldn't be treated any differently from any other player.

He'll need to wait for his chance and take it when it comes.

Perhaps, I feel like Cummings could be a bigger danger to teams than Morelos if they were to play in a front two, why that is I'm not sure but could be down to Cummings setting the Scottish Championship alight with goals three seasons in a row and a lot more agile than Morelos is down to their builds. What Morelos adds is holding the play up for team mates, physicality and unbelievable shot power. Interesting to see who the faster player will be out the two.

There's no way Cummings would be as effective as Morelos in the 4-2-3-1 as he's not got the physicality required.

I can see him competing with Windass for the role in behind Morelos.

As it stands Josh is playing well and in possession of the jersey, but that could easily change.

Back