Match Thread ** Ross County v Rangers - 14:00 Sun 28th - Sky Sports **

One of his big failings I think and one he could easily teach himself to overcome. He needs to drive on further , draw the defender and beat him or make the pass to a teammate as the defender comes in. Usually he passes to a team-mate in a slightly worse position and with the same task in front of him. It is frustrating as when he is one of of those runs , he has already beaten one defender with his pace. If only he had the confidence to take the second man on or to hold his pass for a second or two whilst he draws the defender in.

Thank phuck, It is not just me that sees it that way then, it is so frustrating.
There was a glaring example against Aberdeen, he done exactly that.

Candeias is a traditional byline type winger, so I wouldn't be expecting him to score many goals. Murphy cuts inside, it should be him and Windass chipping in.

Some of the crosses that were put in the box on Wednesday from Tav & Candeias were crying out for another striker to be on the park and attack the front post.
Said the same, over and over since Wednesday. We need a go short taker.

I think Murphy will bring more out of John, Tav and Candeias work wonderfully together, now John is not Tav but he does have pace and an attacking mind, I reckon Murphy will bring a lot of balance to the attacks down the left.
Goss in the middle with his vision and instinct picking up the ball, feeding these forward runners, overlaps.
I'm becoming more and more excited at our prospects.

Need to continue where we left off on Wednesday. Too many times this season we've got a decent result only to blow it next time round against lower opposition.
Predict a close game.2-1 the Rangers.
C'mon the Bears.

Think it'll be a scrappy game today,that will suit County.I'll take any kind of three points today and no more injuries against a team of hammer throwers.

Always a tricky venue. Is it just me that feels we need to some how find a formation that means Alfredo has a partner to lighten the load for the wee man? I feel that he's putting in such a physical shift on his own that it's maybe affecting his finishing.
The wee man is shattered sometimes because he is putting in a power of work.
He is seldom on his own up front.
This isn’t a backs to the wall 4-5-1 game.
Probably sixty percent and more if the first eighty minutes were played in the sheep half.
It’s not like he’s isolated thirty yards from a team mate.

We’ve tended to do the business on the road this season and won well up there last time around, but this is still the sort of match we could trip up in if we’re not properly focussed.

I’ll go 2-0 the Gers, Morelos and Martin the scorers.

As with wednesday next wednesday and next saturday, any kind of win does. We can worry about form once we get these games won cos we need to win them all. It doesnt matter how we do it though a david bates goal anytime for the win today at 33-1 would be nice!

No doubt Murty will have watched it countless times since Wednesday.

Will be interesting to see if he sees it the same.

Goss has always been a deep lying midfielder mate.
He likes to dictate the tempo of the game.

We've seen in the past that Holt can't play the DM role, so can't see that happening.

Goss has, including the Aberdeen game, played 7 professional matches. 'Always' is a fucking tiny sample :D

I see so many posting this team.

That is essentially a 4-1-5. That would be crazy.
Incredible isn't it!

Games are won in the midfield. When we have been lightweight there we have suffered. At times under Pedro it was basically Jack and Dorrans left to do it all. And we were pish.

I'd go the same team as Wednesday.

Thank god for that. It’s absolutely wild down in Ayrshire right now, weather like that suits County far more than us. A calm day let’s ya play our passing game
Checked the weather for Dingwall... cloudy at 2pm and heavy rain at 3pm but virtually no wind and 7 or 8 degrees c.
I’ll get some barometric readings shortly :D

It's hard to change the team from Wednesday but I'd like to see Cummings up front with Morelos but I'm not sure who you would drop out. Dropping either Holt or Goss would leave us too light in central midfield as Windass doesn't do enough defending.

Think we'll maybe need to wait till the cup game before we see the two if them together unless windass has a stinker.

It's hard to change the team from Wednesday but I'd like to see Cummings up front with Morelos but I'm not sure who you would drop out. Dropping either Holt or Goss would leave us too light in central midfield as Windass doesn't do enough defending.

Think we'll maybe need to wait till the cup game before we see the two if them together unless windass has a stinker.

I think you answered your own question there buddy.

Windass is the obvious choice imo.

Incredible isn't it!

Games are won in the midfield. When we have been lightweight there we have suffered. At times under Pedro it was basically Jack and Dorrans left to do it all. And we were pish.

I'd go the same team as Wednesday.

As I said in my post, if we are trying to fit Cummings in then it’s a possibility.

That team is set up in a 4-1-3-2 formation, if we are calling that a 4-1-5 then we must’ve played a 4-2-4 last Wednesday then?

Checked the weather for Dingwall... cloudy at 2pm and heavy rain at 3pm but virtually no wind and 7 or 8 degrees c.
I’ll get some barometric readings shortly :D
I just checked this myself and hope we get out the blocks early to bag a few first half goals and give us a cushion as it looks like the second half will be pishing down. At least it's not blowing a gale like it is down here just now...

Great to be in a position where we have options now. All we can do is focus on winning every game one at a time.
I’d be tempted to play two up front.
2-0 Gers

If we can reproduce the form that we showed against the sheep then it should be a comfortable win.

No messing about today please Rangers.

Absolutely no excuses if we don’t take the 3 points.

We've been better on the road than at Ibrox but struggled against the smaller teams this season and you know Coyle will have his players up for us today, So I can see us struggling to breakdown County today but I think we will sneak a 1 - 0 victory

Difficult to imagine anything other than the same starting XI than Wednesday.

Usually go through to Dingwall and sit in the home end for these, but taking the wee man swimming so tele will have to do.

Come on Rangers.

We have a bad habit of dropping points against teams we should comfortably beat after a good result against tougher opponents. We really need to be up for this today and get the 3 points.

Thank phuck, It is not just me that sees it that way then, it is so frustrating.
There was a glaring example against Aberdeen, he done exactly that.

He does have the tendency to make a pass rather than wait for the last second. You see it often with players who’re being a wee it selfish. Hoping the year can make the pass and get the return ball rather than committing the opposition player and accepting someone else may get the glory. A few of those passes ended up being behind the target as well and slowed it all down.

docherty for me is exactly the type of player we need for these kind of games in midfield. young or not he will bulldoze his way through with his directness and speed. Nevermind trying to play around this mob.

Back