MOTM Poll Ross County v Rangers - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Better today across the park. Kamara coming back in and Tav finding his range of crossing is a huge bonus. Aribo was excellent and Morelos looks hungry. Kent found his way into the game and maybe got some confidence back.

Still vulnerable in defence though.

It's the system. Same as when the Tav haters mention it about the other side. Full backs push high and wide, we need the covering midfielders to plug those holes in transition. Normally Kamara is very good at it as is Jack on the other side. But there were times today when it was Aribo in the left midfield area, and, as good as he is going forward, there's a reason why he isn't usually in that spot against better teams.
I was elsewhere today.

We lost a couple of cheap goals, I believe. (I'm playing catch up here)

Without watching the game, on a general level I'm pissed off that we conceded two goals to dross. I'm worried and/or concerned that we are losing goals, when we shouldn't.

Does that make me a Tav hater?

You and macca want get a room together, you seriously think I want to Stir things up, have a word with yourself !!! We all want rangers playing well , fact is we’re not!! %^*& me is nobody allowed a different opinion....... unbelievable Jeff!!!
Don’t take it so seriously, mate.
No late slip ups in the game and a good win.
You should have noticed the two goals conceded were down to lapses in concentration when we were easily on top.
Be positive we can only get better after today.

Have we got any opponents coming up who you'd class as a better attacking side???

Have defensive lapse like we did today against them next Sunday and we could concede a barrowload.
You are giving that mob to much credit, we are by far the best attacking team,and their defence is twice as poor as ours, they might score 2,but we'll score 4 they are trash, don't believe the hype from the fan-bhoy media, WATP

lol, nah, All I care about is the 3pts these days. To old for all this loose women throwing knickers at each other pish.

Onwards and upwards.
Personally I'm a big fan of loose women and have no objection to knicker throwing, however I do concur that 3 points is essential from a footballing perspective :))

Aye it's hilarious isn't it, Sky Sports News running a Rangers fans are racist story is some fuckin laugh.

Can just tell your mental capacity from your posts today. Bet you fuckin love singing about Bobby Sands while tanning Bucky
You’re conflating two issues, our away support in the ground and a song sang on a bus.

I enjoy Fathers Advice yes, don’t drink alcohol though.

E9aJNI_WQAE40GZ

Better today across the park. Kamara coming back in and Tav finding his range of crossing is a huge bonus. Aribo was excellent and Morelos looks hungry. Kent found his way into the game and maybe got some confidence back.

Still vulnerable in defence though.
Because of concentration & trying to play passes that are easily read

No, that's highlighting individuals which I specifically said I wasn't doing when stating 'all-round'. All of whom done ok against a poor Ross County side.
All round suggests all were poor which isnt the case.
Some right miserable folk on here. To inprove your happiness and that of others you may be better not watching football anymore.

Questioned that myself, he should have zoomed out had he I think Aribo would have done the same with the other player?

I understand why Tav did that as the player had back to goal but Tav must have seen the other player and read what was going to happen so hopefully wont take it for granted that there was no danger and put safety first in future?
Tavernier and safety first is an oxymoron

Last edited:
I was elsewhere today.

Without watching the game, on a general level I'm pissed off that we conceded two goals to dross. I'm worried and/or concerned that we are losing goals, when we shouldn't.

No one is hating, just need better concentration on defensive duties

Hate these stupid hand ball penalties. His back was practically turned for goodness sake. No way could that be classed as deliberate. Crazy rule that gives a team a free shot at goal from 12 yards for that. By the way, have we ever had one of these recently ?
It is what it is, but as you say no way was it actually deliberate. No idea why the ref gave a yellow card for stopping a shot that was heading 10 yards wide and a similar distance high. Well, I have a thought or two based on his reluctance to book County players for tactical fouls, but if that had been someone already on a yellow picking up a red for that would be a massive injustice.

First half a walk in the park then we give a silly goal away. The jitters set in. Morelos hits a slow-mo and it’s relatively easy. County get a penalty when Bassey clearly attempts to turn away and placing his arms behind him. 2-3. County try and hit on the break. Looking jittery at the back again. Arfield gives us breathing room and we see it out and Kent should have made it 5. Overall, some very good signs of getting back in the groove but the defence at times looked nervous.

Will take any away win, especially considering the goals we are losing, but very patchy again - a number of players still have form to find. They need to step it up again for the next two games, which even at this early stage of the season are absolutely vital for us.

Great to see Arfield getting a goal. I know he's not been great since his bad injury, but he's a player I have a lot of time for, and if he could get back to form he could still make a contribution this season by nicking the odd goal from midfield, an area where we don't score many.

I was elsewhere today.

My point was the number one thing all our fullbacks get criticised for is being out of position when teams break and the reality is they are exactly where they are asked to be.

If we give the ball away we rely on other players to buy them time to get back. Balls into the channels need wide midfielders to get back pronto. It's going to be the case until we discover teleportation. Doesn't matter if it's Tav, Calvin or Borna. Even Nathan will find the same issues when he gets a chance.

I thought we played well, cruised the first 35 minutes then conceded then cruised most of the second half apart from the 10 minute spell when they scored. If Tav scores the one on one he had that was goal of the season and if Morelos takes the other chance he had it t could’ve been a lot more comfortable.
But apart from that Mrs LIncoln how did you enjoy the play? :cool:

A good result despite the defence being very suspect at times. County hit the space in between Balogun and Bassey and this is where we can miss Helander and Barasic. Bassey's inexperience in his positioning as well as Baloguns lack of concentration at times caused us problems today. In saying that, Bassey had a decent game.

I was elsewhere today.

No,just speaking your truth.

Just a few words about Arfield -- he did what most of us want to see a central attacking midfielder do: followed up in an attacking move and ended up bang in front of their goal to put the ball in the net.
tbh, I thought it was a very nice if unspectacular goal.

He did repeat such movement a few minutes later and looked a genuine threat to them.
Certainly looks imo to be a good option to bring on if we are looking to attack by running into the box.

Not sure if he has the legs to be more than a sub, and I'm also unsure if he can handle the pressure and close control required by a player to be in our midfield three.
But it was good to see those flashes of his form that can make him a dangerous player.

Great start and an important 3 points.

We are still giving up cheap goals which is a worry. However, we dominated that game today and there was only going to be one winner

Overall I think we showed signs of coming into better form. Kent was a bit better and unlucky not to score so onward and upward. One thing I took from today’s game… we are a better team when Kamara plays.

I was elsewhere today.

You didn’t watch the game so can’t comment i’m afraid B-)

how on earth is a penalty a cheap goal? As the boss said he put his body on the line and it hit his hand

Last edited:
RC will be relegated, you can bet your house on it! Happy with 4 goals you say but no mention of the 2 we conceded against a very poor side! Each to their own as you say, but I expect better from a Rangers team, don`t you?
I expect us to win the title, don't you?

Three points on the board, that’s all that matters. Thought the performance was ok. Expect more tempo in next two games but job done today.

All round suggests all were poor which isnt the case.
Some right miserable folk on here. To inprove your happiness and that of others you may be better not watching football anymore.
Or I’ll just continue to have a viewpoint like anyone is entitled to.
Nothing miserable about stating a fact - we are still miles away from where we want to be. Marginally better than recent games but against a poor side so not much to sing about.
We got 3 points. That’s the only positive.

Good result. For a while looking at the goals we lose it appears we are playing without a right back. Tav last season was good going forward and scoring and we were able to fill in at the back. He is drawn into the middle of the park leaving a winger on their own easily collecting the ball and creating a goal.
Would like to see Patterson start several games. He is good going forward but should be told to stay wide and control the right back position.
I know Tav is our captain but there are others I expect who could take over as they dont do much anyway.
Essential we win our next two games to show them who is boss and also bring in much needed cash.

3 points in a game we dominated,but the lapses in defence are certainly starting to be a genuine worry.
We're definitely going to need to sort it out before we play the unwashed next weekend.

Back