Ross McCrorie - Pompey fans not happy with him tonight

GeckoBear29

Proud Bronze MyGers Member
Official Ticketer
Just seen on twitter Pompey fans saying Ross McCrorie been awful tonight and we can have him back :(

Pretty sure we were saying the exact same thing about Kent 13 months ago

Not every game is going to result in world class performances. That's why they're out on loan in the first place, because they're not consistent enough to get a starting place at their parents club.

He'll be fine

Here he is lol

maxresdefault.jpg

I really haven’t a clue how McCrorie has being at Portsmouth but some of the opinions on here that he was the next Franz Beckenbauer sadly are way off the mark.

I to be honest share the same opinion of Ross McCrorie, I don't think he will ever be good enough to forge a career at Rangers and will spend his career floating around the lower divisions in England and Scotland. I honestly think he is no better than average.

I to be honest share the same opinion of Ross McCrorie, I don't think he will ever be good enough to forge a career at Rangers and will spend his career floating around the lower divisions in England and Scotland. I honestly think he is no better than average.

I’m the same. I really like him but people are kidding themselves on a bit because he’s one of us. Decent player who’ll improve, but i think he’d have to improve on the ball ten fold to ever become a regular for us, which is unlikely. He’d be a decent sub though.

I’m the same. I really like him but people are kidding themselves on a bit because he’s one of us. Decent player who’ll improve, but i think he’d have to improve on the ball ten fold to ever become a regular for us, which is unlikely. He’d be a decent sub though.
FF delusions, he’s one of our own nonsense.

Must admit I am very much in the same boat. I'm extremely doubtful he will ever make it in midfield as his touch & distribution needs to massively improve (& such technical abilities are among the hardest to develop). Therefore he will remain a bit part midfielder useful only for particular games to add a physical presence. Not exactly the dynamic player we require.

And he certainly isn't going to make it at centre half either.

Would love him to make it as well & develop leaps & bounds on loan however my expectations are not great

McCrorie is 21 and been involved in our senior team matches for a few seasons now.

Sincere questions:

1. Just how good does he need to be at 21 for FF to believe he’ll “make the grade as a Rangers player”?

2. At what point or age do you say “nope, wont be good enough”?

McCrorie is 21 and been involved in our senior team matches for a few seasons now.

Sincere questions:

1. Just how good does he need to be at 21 for FF to believe he’ll “make the grade as a Rangers player”?

2. At what point or age do you say “nope, wont be good enough”?

There’s no answer to that because players progress at different rates and hit their primes at different ages. I think he’d have to be a lot better on the ball even by 21 though, problem is he won’t get any better if he’s not getting the game time, hence the loan deal.

For me McCrorie and Docherty are in similar situations, both have great energy and tenacity which fans love, but both are quite a bit away from having the technical ability to be regulars in our side.

There’s no answer to that because players progress at different rates and hit their primes at different ages.
Which says to me “he wont be good enough” is as unfounded as “he’s a future Rangers captain”.

Jon Flanagan’s technical ability isn't great either but people want him in ahead of Barisic.

12 months ago, Jordan Jones and Greg Stewart werent “Rangers quality”. Now there’s an expectation they’ll help win us the league.

The whole thing shows how fickle football fans are.

Which says to me “he wont be good enough” is as unfounded as “he’s a future Rangers captain”.

Jon Flanagan’s technical ability isn't great either but people want him in ahead of Barisic.

12 months ago, Jordan Jones and Greg Stewart werent “Rangers quality”. Now there’s an expectation they’ll help win us the league.

The whole thing shows how fickle football fans are.

Really? I don’t have that expectation, I certainly don’t think Stewart will do much to win us the league, in fact I still don’t really get that signing even if it is low risk.

McCrorie is a long way off the required technical standard, not many players improvise 10 fold beyond the age of 21, so I think it’s quite reasonable for fans to feel like he’s probably never going to be a regular.

So much improvement needed in his game.

I remain unconvinced by the lad. Would love him to prove me wrong though.

A proper long term future as a first team player at Rangers is unlikely IMO.

Wait til you see what Rangers fans say about our players when we are 15 mins into a game still at 0-0
Very true mate, it’s take a lot of mental toughness to play for us, not just talent, there can’t be many places in the world where the team gets booed off at half time when it’s 0-0!

I think Mcrorie will make a good defensive midfielder for a mid table team that’s on the back foot a lot

His best games for us came at Pittodrie and the 29th December last year when we were in battles

Sadly most of our games aren’t like that and we expect more from central midfielders

However he is a young man and has time on his side

The biggest problem he has is that nobody, including him, seems to be certain of his best position. He's young enough to still work it out but for nobody to be certain whether he's a midfielder, a CB or a RB at this point won't help him improve on any specific position.

Back