Ross McCrorie to HIVs?

BWO

HIBERNIAN are in pole position to beat off competition from England and abroad to clinch a move for Rangers midfielder Ross McCrorie.

Herald and Times Sport understands the 22-year-old is one of the key targets for boss Jack Ross this summer and Hibs are keen to strike a deal.

McCrorie spent last season on loan at Portsmouth as Kenny Jackett’s side missed out on promotion to the Championship and a return to Fratton Park is one option open this term.
Steven Gerrard is keen to retain McCrorie as part of his Rangers squad but the Ibrox utility man is not short of suitors as clubs down south and on the continent monitor his situation with his boyhood heroes.

McCrorie still has two years to run on his Light Blues contract and Hibs may have to settle for a loan move if they are unable to agree terms to take him to Easter Road on a permanent basis.

If it's permanent I would like to see a buy back clause and a sizeable % of future sale. Can't see Hibs being able to offer a sizeable fee for him.

Loan please !! The lad is still developing & needs games to get anywhere close to realising his potential.
A season at HiV's would be excellent, he'd strengthen them for every game except against us.
We should do more of this, as much as possible actually.

If gerrard doesnt play him for us against the poets, where does the notion come from that he'll be able to do it against them for another spl club.

This could come back to haunt me but from what I have seen of him which is quite a bit I would be delighted with 500k for him. He will be a solid SPL player no more.

Loaning any squad player to spl makes sense. Would probably say it’s a make or break season for McCrorie. A good player in there but held back by not having a natural position.

Stock is pretty low after his Portsmouth loan so doubt we could get a fee above £500k from anyone.

Could we get more after a good loan to Hibs? Maybe.

A year left after this season

We all would have liked to see McCrorie and Doc to have made it with us but unfortunately they are just not good enough. Both are nowhere near the squad day now and hopefully we are in a position where we are only going to strengthen. If we get acceptable offers I think both will be away.

Worth more to us in the squad than out on loan IMO. Can’t see a loan at hibs improving him enough to up his stock for a sale or come back a first teamer.

Would be happy for him and Docherty to get a full season out in the SPL to see what they’re made of.
We know what they are made of mate - and unfortunately for them they are just not of the standard we require in and around our first team. Both need to be moved on permanently, for their sake as well.

Loan please !! The lad is still developing & needs games to get anywhere close to realising his potential.
A season at HiV's would be excellent, he'd strengthen them for every game except against us.
When does a promising youngster stop being a promising youngster?

How much further are you expecting him to develop? He's not an 18 year old raw kid.

Hate dealing with hibs

It's a strange feeling dealing with that mob's b-team. Not quite dealing with the devil, dealing with his wee pathetic minion sidekick maybe.

In practical terms it does make sense though- hopefully makes them better against others, increases his value if it goes well and weakens them against us. Still feels strange.

Like the idea of him getting a loan deal to an SPL club. But to the hivs not so much. Being able to play against them though would be a benefit to us I suppose.

Reactions: Gee
Back