Ross McCrorie

Played in his favoured central midfield role today mate and apparently Barjonas playing for Thistle was the best midfielder on the park.

Jones appeared to just be going through the motions.

Big Lewis Mayo had a cracking game for Thistle too.

He's a terrific central defence prospect.

Mayo always seems to get good reports.

Player goes on loan and becomes the next David Beckham gets injured and spends 6 months on the treatment table and morphs into Messi!
Mate we bring in a loan player and hees become the next ian durrant after 3 games.. as i said we are too quick to slate and dismiss our own.. but a loan player gets the hero treatment.i recall ojo being touted as the next best thing.. ffs we have a boy who left RANGERS FOR MONEY get more praise on here than any up and coming youth at the club..

Seems okay to me.McCrorie and Docherty a lot better than Kamara

Kamara is still a regular for us and on his way to the Euros with Finland. Another is on loan at Hibs, while the other one has Portsmouth fans wanting him sent back.

Karmara is in terrible form but overall he’s much, much better than either of those two.

Last edited:
Mate we bring in a loan player and hees become the next ian durrant after 3 games.. as i said we are too quick to slate and dismiss our own.. but a loan player gets the hero treatment.i recall ojo being touted as the next best thing.. ffs we have a boy who left RANGERS FOR MONEY get more praise on here than any up and coming youth at the club..

If you are talking aboutGilmore then that’s because he is going to be a great player who is playing in and amongst the Chelsea first team?
Should we just pretend we have someone else Like him waiting to emerge from the youth.

Apparently he was horrific for the development squad today, as was Jones.

No surprise. Both of them not what we require. The sooner the likes of Flanagan, Polster, Jones, Halliday and Barker are moved on - the better. You can throw Stewart in to that bracket too.

We bang on about having a squad, two players for each position but the above very rarely feature and when they do, are no where near enough. Especially when we don't change our set up or system and expect them to come straight into the team and deliver ala a Tavernier, Barišić...

Foderingham (he's a number 1 out with Rangers), Halliday, Flanagan, Polster, Stewart, Jones, Barker, Docherty. They all need moved on. Some current first team players need replaced with a better standard of player with them becoming the squad players/place on the bench.

It's exactly what was said in the summer, instead we filled the squad with dross.

Polster and Patterson are enough for RB cover. If McCrorie has a future its either in place of Jack or Kamara

McCrorie seems to get a lot of negative comments on here, think it's quite harsh. He came in and done a good job at times the last 2 seasons. Think if we had him as an option coming off the bench vs Aberdeen away, Killie away & Hearts away he could of added that bit of strength and power. Also another option at right back when Tav was out injured instead of Flanagan.

Last edited:
I think those type of players are what the squad needs, Docherty and McCrorie are both well built young Scottish players. We keep saying sometime you need to win ugly in Scotland and they might be the something different to achieve that.

Jack/Davis McCrorie/Kamara Docherty/Arfield
Hagi/Kent Arfield/Murphy
Morelos/Kamberi/Defoe

Played in a 4321 Xmas Tree formation, the above variations would IMO be title winners. Morelos staying is obviously pie in the sky stuff...

Its a team game and not every player is a world beater but its how they play in a team. Im sure no one thought Henderson and Wijnaldum would be CL winners while at Sunderland & Newcastle respectively.
Stick to Football Manager

Cant understand the non belief in this boy, he should be at our club, he is good enough, we as fans write of youth players too quick, i remember on here and amonst bears elsewere saying young fleck was not rangers class and go down to england and disapear...
This boy will play in the premiership in england believe me..
Based on what?
not a dig, a genuine question. What makes him good enough to play in the premiership?

I think my point is more than valid. Name me 3 or 4 players that can come in within our budget to win us the league?
The squad we have is better than McCrorie and Docherty. Polster for example is clearly a better player than McCrorie at both right back and defensive midfield. Docherty can’t make the bench when not on loan.

McCrorie seems to get a lot of negative comments on here, think it's quote harsh. He came in and done a good job at times the last 2 seasons. Think if we had him as an option coming off the bench vs Aberdeen away, Killie away & Hearts away he could of added that bit of strength and power. Also another option at right back when Tav was out injured instead of Flanagan.
Mate the young rangers team were gubbed 2 weeks ago by a more athlectic athletico madrid and the young boys were already duds by some on here..

The squad we have is better than McCrorie and Docherty. Polster for example is clearly a better player than McCrorie at both right back and defensive midfield. Docherty can’t make the bench when not on loan.
What are you basing that on ? Polster has played 3 full 90 mins all at right back vs poor opposition (St Josephs, East Fife & Ross County) and has barley played CM other than brief sub appearances. McCrorie has played well in plenty of games for us, he was part of a midfield 3 who dominated Celtic in the 1-0 game last season, first time we had beat them in years. I totally understand he made mistakes and had a few poor performances in amongst that but don't get how Polster is clearly a better player at both positions when he has hardly kicked a ball for us.

What are you basing that on ? Polster has played 3 full 90 mins all at right back vs poor opposition (St Josephs, East Fife & Ross County) and has barley played CM other than brief sub appearances. McCrorie has played well in plenty of games for us, he was part of a midfield 3 who dominated Celtic in the 1-0 game last season, first time we had beat them in years. I totally understand he made mistakes and had a few poor performances in amongst that but don't get how Polster is clearly a better player at both positions when he has hardly kicked a ball for us.
Polster is a decent player. He has played well every time called upon and is a full international. Nothing against either Docherty or MCrorie but neither player would improve our squad at the moment

To many here with rose tinted spectacles. Ross is a grafter for sure. Very committed player and always going to be a fans favourite. However his passing and ball retention aren’t good enough. No where near good enough.

That may well improve with regular football. That is why he needs a period on loan.

He's not good enough. I get that he's one of our own but he isn't as good as any of the current midfield. There will probably be changes in the squad next season and if Mcrorie is still here then we'll not have improved the squad.

I'm hoping you're at the wind up.

You forgotten Kamara's performances against Celtic, Porto, Feyenoord amongst others?

Don't forget Kamara never played in the 2 shambles at Perth and Kilmarnock.

I hope Docherty and McCrorie continue to progress mate and reach the technical level to play in our midfield, but they're still a good bit off that.

It's one thing playing for Hibs or English League 1 level, when the game is end to end, with plenty of space to play in.

Playing midfield for Rangers is a totally different level.

Why didn't Kamara play in these games, it wasn't reported he was injured. Kamara isn't a good passer of the ball imo, we seriously need to upgrade the midfield in the summer.

Got to laugh at the concept of them on the verge of winning an unprecedented treble treble with a technically poor ball winning midfield captain with a room full of trophies and people still debating whether it's a good idea for us to play a technically limited ball winning midfield captain.

No brainer.

Would be playing already if Gerrard wasn't a snob.

To many here with rose tinted spectacles. Ross is a grafter for sure. Very committed player and always going to be a fans favourite. However his passing and ball retention aren’t good enough. No where near good enough.

That may well improve with regular football. That is why he needs a period on loan.
I think he would improve the squad, need different options for certain games. All about opinion's.

Got to laugh at the concept of them on the verge of winning an unprecedented treble treble with a technically poor ball winning midfield captain with a room full of trophies and people still debating whether it's a good idea for us to play a technically limited ball winning midfield captain.

No brainer.

Absolutely nails it.

No brainer.

What a lot of shîte

Why didn't Kamara play in these games, it wasn't reported he was injured. Kamara isn't a good passer of the ball imo, we seriously need to upgrade the midfield in the summer.
Kamara is a brilliant passer of the ball when on form.

May not be a popular opinion but I just don’t he’s good enough for us now.

It’s because he’s a Rangers fan. We’re not going to stop them with the likes of McCrorie.

No brainer.

Brown used to be more of an attacking midfielder and has a seriously high pass success rate % season after season (even in Europe). Comparing his technical ability to McCories is way off.

Mccrorie did play in the 1-0 Celtic game. But he also played in a lot of games we dropped points. He’s a decent player, has an occasional role, but we have better players and should be aiming to get even better in, so wish him well wherever he ends up. Maybe after 4/5 seasons as a first teamer elsewhere he will be good enough to come back

Mccrorie did play in the 1-0 Celtic game. But he also played in a lot of games we dropped points. He’s a decent player, has an occasional role, but we have better players and should be aiming to get even better in, so wish him well wherever he ends up. Maybe after 4/5 seasons as a first teamer elsewhere he will be good enough to come back

when we can’t afford him, like John Fleck.

Which part?, holding the Celtic captain up as a shining example of the way forward?, or calling our manager a snob?.

I've watched in recent months Davis, Kamara, Arfield all struggling to play standard passes game after game. Yet for some reason McCrorie is constantly spoken about with people saying his passing isn't up to scratch.
He's had 2 MOTM performances against Celtic. The biggest game we'll play. He's good enough to play well against them consistently and do a job against their midfield.
Whilst Kamara can look quite tidy and slick, his passing can be fucking honking at times and he's given away a good number of goals or chances to the opposition. Off the top of my head, I can't remember any that McCrorie has given away since Gerrard came in. McCrorie is also better defensively than any of our midfielders.
I'm not saying the boy is a world beater, but he could be moulded into a really good holding midfielder. I also thought the last times we saw him he was just winning the ball and giving it to the better players next to him, which is all he'd ever have to do.
I understand that Kamara for instance has a better touch and can turn on the ball and looks better than McCrorie, but when you actually weigh up what he contributes to the team, I don't think it's much more than McCrorie. McCrorie defends better, presses better, switches off less, is more committed, is stronger, is better in the air.
They have different qualities. There are games where I'd much rather have McCrorie in the team than Kamara. Tynecastle, Pittodrie etc. Hard battles where sometimes we need to get physical with teams. Kamara can be a passenger at times, games can pass him by. McCrorie goes and smashes into headers and tackles. Yes he can be rash at times, but he also makes opposition players think twice about things, which is a big part of our game up here. I've seen opposition players looking over their shoulder wondering where he's coming from.
I'm normally a purist. Give me Xavi and Iniesta over any other aggressive midfield pairing. But, as I keep saying, McCrorie can contribute in our style of football. He has a role to play and can play it, if given the chance.

Will never get near John Fleck. Lacks too much in too many departments to play at the top level.

maybe, but my point is we’re stuck in this no mans land re youth development where nobody is ever good enough for the first team. If we genuinely want to use the academy we have to accept that some players will need to make their mistakes with us In order to progress, it can’t be loan after loan then a transfer to League 1.

There’s a lot of ‘limited’ players, many with SPFL experience, earning very good money in the EPL.

maybe, but my point is we’re stuck in this no mans land re youth development where nobody is ever good enough for the first team. If we genuinely want to use the academy we have to accept that some players will need to make their mistakes with us In order to progress, it can’t be loan after loan then a transfer to League 1.

There’s a lot of ‘limited’ players, many with SPFL experience, earning very good money in the EPL.
Preaching to the choir with regards to the academy. But disagree on McCrorie.

Mostly when he thinks he is a better player than he is, when he keeps it simple he is outstanding then he tries to play passes without looking and nearly always causes us problems
His problem for me is it takes him a few games to get up to speed and always makes mistakes when not playing regularly.

I've watched in recent months Davis, Kamara, Arfield all struggling to play standard passes game after game. Yet for some reason McCrorie is constantly spoken about with people saying his passing isn't up to scratch.
He's had 2 MOTM performances against Celtic. The biggest game we'll play. He's good enough to play well against them consistently and do a job against their midfield.
Whilst Kamara can look quite tidy and slick, his passing can be fucking honking at times and he's given away a good number of goals or chances to the opposition. Off the top of my head, I can't remember any that McCrorie has given away since Gerrard came in. McCrorie is also better defensively than any of our midfielders.
I'm not saying the boy is a world beater, but he could be moulded into a really good holding midfielder. I also thought the last times we saw him he was just winning the ball and giving it to the better players next to him, which is all he'd ever have to do.
I understand that Kamara for instance has a better touch and can turn on the ball and looks better than McCrorie, but when you actually weigh up what he contributes to the team, I don't think it's much more than McCrorie. McCrorie defends better, presses better, switches off less, is more committed, is stronger, is better in the air.
They have different qualities. There are games where I'd much rather have McCrorie in the team than Kamara. Tynecastle, Pittodrie etc. Hard battles where sometimes we need to get physical with teams. Kamara can be a passenger at times, games can pass him by. McCrorie goes and smashes into headers and tackles. Yes he can be rash at times, but he also makes opposition players think twice about things, which is a big part of our game up here. I've seen opposition players looking over their shoulder wondering where he's coming from.
I'm normally a purist. Give me Xavi and Iniesta over any other aggressive midfield pairing. But, as I keep saying, McCrorie can contribute in our style of football. He has a role to play and can play it, if given the chance.

He's a warrior in midfield. No nonsense just wins his battles and wins the ball back. He's also a big aerial threat as well.

He was brilliant in two Celtic games. I'd need to check the stats again but we very rarely lost points when he played.

After that game when we beat them 1-0 Gerrard actually said of McCrorie that he had found his "midfield tiger". He started without him in the next game after the break (Kilmarnock) and we lost. McCrorie is a good player and he will get better as he gains experience and develops. Imo McCrorie has enough to be an integral part of our first team squad.

Would absolutely love Ross McRorie to go on and have a great and successful career with Rangers. The lack of players we produce that do so is alarming.

Back