Ross McCrorie

Otis Blue

Media today reporting that Hibs are interested in signing Ross permanently. He has two years left of his contract but can’t see him getting many matches. Should he be loaned again ? or is this just delaying the inevitable which is no future with us. there were huge hopes for this player, quoted by Gerrard as a future captain but his first team chances seem to get further away not closer. What’s best for him ?

Media today reporting that Hibs are interested in signing Ross permanently. He has two years left of his contract but can’t see him getting many matches. Should he be loaned again ? or is this just delaying the inevitable which is no future with us. there were huge hopes for this player, quoted by Gerrard as a future captain but his first team chances seem to get further away not closer. What’s best for him ?
I think it’s time to sell - like him - but not to the standard of defender or midfielder we looking for

It's a tough one as he was a huge prospect but, despite plenty game time, he hasn't kicked on or, probably more accurately, the level of player around/ahead of him went up faster than he could keep up with.

I will be sorry to see him go though.

We have three very similar midfielders in Davis, Jack and Kamara. Gerrard likes that type of player.

I like McCrorie and think he offers something different. Aye he might not be the best in the world in terms of keeping possession, but when it comes to a physical battle he's far more up for it than any of the three I mentioned.

Last season we had countless games that turned into a dog fight and I'd much rather have the athleticism of McCrorie in there in games of that nature.

Really tough one. The way Gerrard wants our midfield to play? He's not good enough technically. The way I (and many others) think our midfield SHOULD play? There's a role for him there.

Final call is with the gaffer I suppose. I'd be sorry to see him go, especially to that shower of scum.

We have three very similar midfielders in Davis, Jack and Kamara. Gerrard likes that type of player.

I like McCrorie and think he offers something different. Aye he might not be the best in the world in terms of keeping possession, but when it comes to a physical battle he's far more up for it than any of the three I mentioned.

Last season we had countless games that turned into a dog fight and I'd much rather have the athleticism of McCrorie in there in games of that nature.

Good post mate, exactly what I was getting at above.

Totally agree with your point about his qualities in the dog fight matches. He would have contributed well in those games.

Don’t want him playing against us. They are stuffy enough to break down and are looking good in attack this year. Loan deal would be my preference and sell him next summer.

I always remember against Celtic and one of the Hibs games in particular he was superb. Covered every blade of grass and swept up everything in their counter attacks.

Didn't he play in two draws at the Chamber of Secrets when we were shit ? Him & wee Holty ?

If Gerrard isn't going to use them then it's probably for the best he moves on. However, I wouldn't sell him to Hibs and certainly not for that fee. They've played so difficult with Rangers in the past and for no reason other than to back their pals at Celtic up. I wouldn't cooperate with them at all.

If £200k is a reasonable fee for McCrorie, and I am not sure it is, then we need at least 3 x that from Hibs.

It’s difficult with Ross. I don’t think he has a big enough presence to be a centre back for us and he’s probably not good enough as a footballer to be a truly effective midfielder. The deep lying defensive midfield role is his best bet I think but we don’t really need to utilise anyone in this role very often.

I don’t think we’ll learn much more about him from another loan spell. I still think he could be a really useful option off the bench given he can fill in at RB, CB, CM. You could bring him on if protecting a lead or if needing a bit more bite in the middle. Just not convinced he’ll ever be first choice, which is a shame, because I like him.

For the good of his career, a team like Hibs might be the right move. There is still a chance he could progress and for that reason I’d like a ‘buy back’ option if that is possible. We sell him for X, and if we choose to we can buy him back for Y, say at any point after 1 season. So we get first refusal.

I think McCrorie is and will be a good player.
I just think that we as a Club are now operating at a much higher level than what Ross is able to achieve. Thats no slight on him. He is a fine footballer with some real quality attributes m, I jusr think we are now moving onto a different level were you need to be exceptional.

I like McCrorie. I feel he is the sort of player we missed when we played Hearts in the the cup. Sometimes you just need a destroyer

That said, its the managers decision and it doesnt look like hes going to feature. Thats us played 3 games with 9 subs and hes not involved with the squad once

So if we are to sell, Id make it with a big sell on clause and even throw in a buy back option, then all bases are covered

I think Ross’s main issue he doesn’t have a position.

mis he a CDM? Is he a centre back? Is he a right back?
I don’t think he is technically good enough to play in centre mid for Rangers.

I think if we can get a reasonable fee 500k ish we should sell him if possible.

Sell. Not necessarily to Hivs. But the lad needs a permanent move. He is not going to be in our plans. Unfortunately he is not of the required standard.

Last edited:

Herald and Times Sport revealed last week that Ross had identified McCrorie as one of his top targets this summer and was leading the race to beat off competition from England and abroad for the Rangers star.

A first bid of around £200,000 is expected from Hibs as Ross makes his move to land the Scotland Under-21 internationalist on a permanent basis.

Ross McCrorie would one of my first picks for any away games he plays for the Jersey 100% commitment and brings a bit of steel to our midfield which we lacked last season in our away game defeats to Hearts etc. I suppose the Manager will play the players he's bought and signed before young Ross.

Really tough one. The way Gerrard wants our midfield to play? He's not good enough technically. The way I (and many others) think our midfield SHOULD play? There's a role for him there.

Final call is with the gaffer I suppose. I'd be sorry to see him go, especially to that shower of scum.
You are correct it’s the same as never having a big striker~...we need alternatives to small non combative midfielders and Ross was right for that

With two years left, a loan is the best option for us.
A season to find out if he can improve to our standard leaving us time to get a decent fee if we need to cut our losses.
Oh, and he can’t play against us.

Not good enough get rid. Make sure a hefty 50% sell on is inserted with a guarantee we get first dibs on any future youngsters they produce

It was reported a few weeks back that Hibs want him on a permanent but we are only willing to loan.

If the speculation about Kamara is true and does end up leaving, wouldn’t you want to keep Ross?

Mate I like Ross, but he's not in the same class as Kamara,for the style of football we play.

That's a whole different level.

Ross has a future in football and a potential future with Rangers beyond Gerrard.
I would get him tied up on a long term deal and if he isn't to feature this season (clearly the indication is that he won't) then we loan him out to a suitable club. SPL would be a good test for him and means we (By we, I mean the fans) see him week in week out closer than we would elsewhere.

Who ever would sell him or is responsible for selling for anything even close to £200k needs shot. Immediately.

I think, for the likely fee, we should loan to Hibs for a year.

I just have a feeling there is a decent player in there.

I certainly would not sell him for 200k, loan him to Portsmouth again as they still want him.

Back