Ross McCrorie

We have three very similar midfielders in Davis, Jack and Kamara. Gerrard likes that type of player.

I like McCrorie and think he offers something different. Aye he might not be the best in the world in terms of keeping possession, but when it comes to a physical battle he's far more up for it than any of the three I mentioned.

Last season we had countless games that turned into a dog fight and I'd much rather have the athleticism of McCrorie in there in games of that nature.
That only happened because we shat ourselves. If you can pass the ball under pressure you should overcome any set of jobber thugs. We panicked under that pressure. Mcrorie will win a battle but wont maintain possession for you.

I certainly would not sell him for 200k, loan him to Portsmouth again as they still want him.
The problem with Portsmouth is that they played him all over the place , he needs a season of first team football as the midfielder he’s supposed to be.

Once compared to a young JG on this forum I am sure, if he does not figure in plans probably best to shift however as stated with a heavy (50%) sell (second sell on also) as think he will grow

The media are saying a permanent move. It's fairlyy obvious Hivs can't afford him unless we are selling really far below value. I would guess it's a loan deal if it's to be a move to Edinburgh.

I think if Hibs want him, then we should offer him on a loan with an option to buy at the end of the season with a sell on clause and perhaps a buy back option, the benefit of this of course is he can play everyone else but us (you just know if we sell now then McCrorie will end up denying us points when we play hibs) and he could end up taking points of septic which is always a good thing, we have to be crafty this year we should be getting as many loans out to the SPFL Premier league teams as possible.
they’ve diluted the league for years and got there tainted titles as a direct result of it and with them going for there 9.75inar this year then we need to box clever on this front.

I think the likelihood this year is that teams will probably need a slightly larger squad than normal because of the compressed season and lack of off-weeks.

In my mind I think the squad ideally is 25 players something like 3 GK, 8 D, 6 CM, 5 W and 3 CF

This year though I'd probably want a couple of extra guys who can play a number of positions which for me would mean keeping Ross and Greg Stewart. Between them they can cover everything except left back.

I think if Hibs want him, then we should offer him on a loan with an option to buy at the end of the season with a sell on clause and perhaps a buy back option, the benefit of this of course is he can play everyone else but us (you just know if we sell now then McCrorie will end up denying us points when we play hibs) and he could end up taking points of septic which is always a good thing, we have to be crafty this year we should be getting as many loans out to the SPFL teams as possible.
they’ve diluted the league for years and got there tainted titles as a direct result of it and with them going for there 9.75inar this year then we need to box clever on this front.
That sounds like a good blueprint for anyone we sell in Scotland going forward

Unfortunately in every position has played there are a number of flaws in his game.

It's a problem the lad needs to address as soon as possible, for the sake of having a decent career somewhere.

Best for all parties that he moves somewhere permanently. And I think the lad knows it as well.

This would be a huge mistake.

It can't be denied that he isn't technically as good as our first team midfield. We don't need him to be Kamara, we need the opposite for when the time comes.

McCrorie is to us in Scottish football what Hemdani was for us in Europe. Hemdani would never play at Tynecastle but would be immense for us in Lyon, McCrorie won't play for us in Porto but is immense for the battles of the Scottish game.

He's simply not in the same category as our other youth or fringe players. He's a warrior and has proven it with MOM performances against Celtic, Aberdeen and HIbs.

There's going to be a time when our lovely football doesn't quite work against a hard working physical team and we're going to need a man who will put his body on the line to win every tackle and header.

I can't stress enough how much of a blunder letting him go would be.

Simple fact is, he isn't good enough in any position.

Centre mid we have better players. Central defence we have better players and at right back we have better players.

Try and get as much money as we can and sell.

That sounds like a good blueprint for anyone we sell in Scotland going forward
Couldn’t agree more mate I’m hoping Gerrard, the board etc seem to finally be understanding this is how we should go about our business, We already have Robbie out in Livingston and Hastie at Motherwell, hoping Hastie kicks on and keeps his starting slot although so far that is looking unlikely, Robbie at least is staying no. 1 for Livi if we can get more out there, all the better

Like many have already said, get him sold with a buy back and sell on clause. No point him sitting about wasting his career with us if he's not going to be playing.

One way or another - right now isn't the best time to be trying to break into our first team - whether that's for a player who's done well on loan or not -

In Ross's case - he's still young enough to come good a bit later - so another loan spell shouldn't do much harm -

But to be fair - if we improve / upgrade year on year like we all hope - it could easily be even more difficult to fight for a place next season even if Ross himself improves

So I'd consider any decent offers meantime & if none come - or are not good enough - then we re-assess later - no great urgency one way or another imo

Sell. He doesn't get anywhere near any of the positions he covers in our current squad and our first team and squad are only going to get stronger.

We have three very similar midfielders in Davis, Jack and Kamara. Gerrard likes that type of player.

I like McCrorie and think he offers something different. Aye he might not be the best in the world in terms of keeping possession, but when it comes to a physical battle he's far more up for it than any of the three I mentioned.

Last season we had countless games that turned into a dog fight and I'd much rather have the athleticism of McCrorie in there in games of that nature.
Totally agree he was one of the few who stood up to the scum when he was still a teenager.Davis is nearing the end of his career and if rumours are to be believed Kamara could be sold.I think Ross would fit in well as defensive mid.

Really tough one. The way Gerrard wants our midfield to play? He's not good enough technically. The way I (and many others) think our midfield SHOULD play? There's a role for him there.

Final call is with the gaffer I suppose. I'd be sorry to see him go, especially to that shower of scum.

Totally agree. He’s a ball winning midfielder of the sort I think we have been missing. Physical. Robust. Put in a good shift against Celtic pre Gerrard. Sad we can’t find a use for him. I think he’d make a difference in big games at home and in europe. He will do well somewhere else. Possibly insert a first refusal clause if he is sold.

It can't be denied that he isn't technically as good as our first team midfield. We don't need him to be Kamara, we need the opposite for when the time comes.

McCrorie is to us in Scottish football what Hemdani was for us in Europe. Hemdani would never play at Tynecastle but would be immense for us in Lyon, McCrorie won't play for us in Porto but is immense for the battles of the Scottish game.

He's simply not in the same category as our other youth or fringe players. He's a warrior and has proven it with MOM performances against Celtic, Aberdeen and HIbs.

There's going to be a time when our lovely football doesn't quite work against a hard working physical team and we're going to need a man who will put his body on the line to win every tackle and header.

I agree, wasn’t so long ago that Gerrard tipped him to be the future captain

For that money we would be better loaning him so he can’t play against us, if he has a good season the value might go up

Sell Kamara for the £10M reported to be on offer for him. McCrorie gives us a better defensive shield. Kamara is an accident waiting to happen every time we play in a pressure game. Also, for European games we have operated with a reduced squad because of the lack of Scottish born or Scottish educated players. That is why in England English qualified players have a premium on transfer values.

You really think if we were after a hibs player who is a scot u21 International they would give him to us for £200k ,tell them to put up or f**k off

Wouldn't be so keen on selling him to another Scottish club at such a low price, and the benefits of adding a sell on clause is miminal. Would rather loan him.

Tombstone football that went out with the 90's.
There's no place for a guy with his lack of footballing skill at Ibrox.
Which is sad because he's a genuine fan and a nice lad.

Tombstone football that went out with the 90's.
There's no place for a guy with his lack of footballing skill at Ibrox.
Which is sad because he's a genuine fan and a nice lad.
The 2 pathetic defeats at Tynecastle last season were definitely games he'd be more than useful, i get what you're saying about the technical players being preferable, of course they are, but games like those against Hearts and some others are allowed to descend into a battle by our refs and McCrorie is ideal for that.

£200K is way, way below what we should be asking for.

Stop selling ourselves short and slap a £1m tag on him. We can negotiate our way down from there.

And fuck him going to Hibs, I think he'll become a really useful player for a top 6 team.

Preference would be a loan, but if we sell I want buy back clauses, sell on fees etc.

Let’s face it, Hibs aren’t awash with cash so we can’t expect a reasonable transfer fee. If we let him run his contract down, we risk losing out on benefiting from any increased market value in the player through increased game time etc

Would prefer he was loaned out again to an English club. Definitely should not be doing business with those spoon burning junkies.
If we decide we will sell him then nothing south of 500k should be considered.

Maybe he’s more up for a battle but he’s very prone to reckless and clumsy challenges. That makes him too much of a liability even before you take the lack of technical ability into consideration.

He's had game time but seems to be getting left behind as the player standard increases which is a shame as he showed a lot of promise. Sell but with a sell on clause and buy back option should he once again show his original promise

I'd accept a loan to the spoon burners - selling him to them for 200k would be a poor deal for us even if they could come up with the money. You'd see him moving for a million or 2 in a year or 2 after regular football if he lives up to his potenial

Back