Ross McCrorie

Another good wee player has he had a fair crack not imo sometimes when you need even a dig of sorts it's beenissing where we've toiled even with a midfield ticking over but at times was allowed to become stagnant.

SG could imo be trying a bit more variety it's fine being good but it needs to transpire in the harder games that goes as much for the technical players as much as players like Ross McCrorie who are still trying to find that level of consistency which only comes with chances SG imo could be a wee bit more expansive.

Plenty managers before him have included unblooded players given a task & then developed into bloody good professionals SAF was a classic example.

I think it’s the same scenario as Docherty - the manager simply doesn’t feel he’s of the required standard.

If he was, he’d be in the squad. That he isn’t tells you that another loan seems a bit pointless as he just doesn’t appear to have a future with us.

Whether it’s Hibs or someone else, it looks like it’s time to move him on.

Absolute shite about him not being a good enough footballer man. When have you ever seen mcrorie give a goal away like Goldson has on several occasions. And this isn't to bash Goldson.

Letting Gerrard off far too easily if he gets rid of Ross. He's proven he can play in winning rangers teams with less talent and chaotic managers.

Its nothing to do with mcrorie why he doesn't get played.

Ross has a future in football and a potential future with Rangers beyond Gerrard.
I would get him tied up on a long term deal and if he isn't to feature this season (clearly the indication is that he won't) then we loan him out to a suitable club. SPL would be a good test for him and means we (By we, I mean the fans) see him week in week out closer than we would elsewhere.

Who ever would sell him or is responsible for selling for anything even close to £200k needs shot. Immediately.
I agree so much. Mcrorie will outlast Gerrard and win more at rangers long term. If it was t for arrogant and stubborn tactical philosophy he'd be in the team.

Absolute shite about him not being a good enough footballer man. When have you ever seen mcrorie give a goal away like Goldson has on several occasions. And this isn't to bash Goldson.

Letting Gerrard off far too easily if he gets rid of Ross. He's proven he can play in winning Rangers teams with less talent and chaotic managers.

He is a CM so hardly going to “give goals away”. But as a CB? mentally challengeds at Hampden and St Mirren at Ibrox off the top of my head.

He is a poor football player, and has proven nothing. Only a year longer than Kamara and miles off him. One being touted for a £10m move, the other going to Hibs for £200k. Says it all.

Tuned to the moon.

He is a CM so hardly going to “give goals away”. But as a CB? mentally challengeds at Hampden and St Mirren at Ibrox off the top of my head.

He is a poor football player, and has proven nothing. Only a year longer than Kamara and miles off him. One being touted for a £10m move, the other going to Hibs for £200k. Says it all.

Tuned to the moon.
So future a rangers captain, words of the manager. How do you explain this?

Perhaps it's you who is tuned to the moon you rude douche.

So future a Rangers captain, words of the manager. How do you explain this?

Perhaps it's you who is tuned to the moon you rude douche.
3 years ago? Things change. He hasn’t developed or progressed at all. Still the same player he was when he broke through.

I wouldn’t be letting him go permanently to a team from Scotland it will bite us in the ass especially not for 300 k

We should never do business with Hibs unless absolutely unavoidable.

This looks totally avoidable.

If McCrorie goes to Hibs then it’ll be because they’re the highest bidder, in which case the fee we get will be what he’s worth.

If he goes, and whenever he goes, then I’d be keen to have both buy back and sell-on clauses included. He’s a better player than Hibs IMO, so a good season or two and he’ll be on the move for a lot more money or we’ll want him back.

But right now, I think the manager is right that he’s not better than what we have in the first 11.

How can he go from Gerrard saying he's a future captain to being rumoured to going to hibs for 200k. What happened during that time that made him not even worth keeping in our squad nevermind being our captain. No doubt one who will haunt us if we let him go to a team in the same league.

He is worth more than 200k and we shouldn't do business with them rats no way would it be so easy if it was a player we wanted from them.

That only happened because we shat ourselves. If you can pass the ball under pressure you should overcome any set of jobber thugs. We panicked under that pressure. Mcrorie will win a battle but wont maintain possession for you.
Do you know what, this is levelled at McCrorie all the time.
When he had a bit of a run the first half of Gerrard’s first season, he was actually winning the ball and quickly giving it to Jack or the other guys around him.
He was learning and doing a bit better.
The last time we really saw him he was MOTM against Celtic and has basically been shat on since. (Yes I know he had a few appearances after that, but was subsequently shat on again)
There are players who Have performed much worse and more consistently worse than McCrorie ever did, and have been given loads more chances.
Kamara is having a good spell just now, but him, Davis, Arfield and others have been utterly honking at times and yet were still in and out of the team and getting chance after chance.
Ross was binned for nothing at least twice, and I’ll never be convinced that he’s ever been treated anything other than poorly.
Honestly really feel for the boy, and wish he’d been afforded the opportunities others had.

Do you know what, this is levelled at McCrorie all the time.
When he had a bit of a run the first half of Gerrard’s first season, he was actually winning the ball and quickly giving it to Jack or the other guys around him.
He was learning and doing a bit better.
The last time we really saw him he was MOTM against Celtic and has basically been shat on since. (Yes I know he had a few appearances after that, but was subsequently shat on again)
There are players who Have performed much worse and more consistently worse than McCrorie ever did, and have been given loads more chances.
Kamara is having a good spell just now, but him, Davis, Arfield and others have been utterly honking at times and yet were still in and out of the team and getting chance after chance.
Ross was binned for nothing at least twice, and I’ll never be convinced that he’s ever been treated anything other than poorly.
Honestly really feel for the boy, and wish he’d been afforded the opportunities others had.
The level of goodwill shown towards Rangers leaning players has got to be commended to be fair.

In some peoples minds McCrorie & Doc are the future of Rangers, because they support us.

How are hibs able to throw 200k about (and I think they spent 250k on Nisbett?) when the rest of their squad had to accept wage cuts through the summer? Can't imagine that's doing much for morale :cool:

Wanted him to be a success but unfortunately he isnt going to be good enough.

He's not really got a set position. Not good enough for central defence, right back or midfield.

Wish him all the best but times right for him to move on.

Maybe he’s more up for a battle but he’s very prone to reckless and clumsy challenges. That makes him too much of a liability even before you take the lack of technical ability into consideration.

Is he? Any more so than Ryan Jack for example?

I know it’s small minded to cast up the Scott Allan fiasco, but, screw it, what goes around comes around. In other words Hibs can do one.

I'm glad the management are now bringing in quality and getting rid of the deadwood.
McCrorie Barker Stewart Murphy All need to be moved on sale value and wages could finance a good first 11 midfielder.
Its time to be ruthless

I wouldn’t sell him, loan until December then bring him back for the time of the year that our creative players go missing and we need to grind out results

This would be a huge mistake.

It can't be denied that he isn't technically as good as our first team midfield. We don't need him to be Kamara, we need the opposite for when the time comes.

McCrorie is to us in Scottish football what Hemdani was for us in Europe. Hemdani would never play at Tynecastle but would be immense for us in Lyon, McCrorie won't play for us in Porto but is immense for the battles of the Scottish game.

He's simply not in the same category as our other youth or fringe players. He's a warrior and has proven it with MOM performances against Celtic, Aberdeen and HIbs.

There's going to be a time when our lovely football doesn't quite work against a hard working physical team and we're going to need a man who will put his body on the line to win every tackle and header.

I can't stress enough how much of a blunder letting him go would be.
I can’t stress enough how much I agree with you

Simple fact is, he isn't good enough in any position.

Centre mid we have better players. Central defence we have better players and at right back we have better players.

Try and get as much money as we can and sell.
You could’ve said the same about the greatest Ranger.

Not at any stage in the past couple of years have I thought, "God we need Ross McCrorie in the team".

Nice lad, but never good enough for what we are trying to build.

The likes of McCrorie, Docherty, Murphy and Stewart all need to move permanently. And they will.

It can't be denied that he isn't technically as good as our first team midfield. We don't need him to be Kamara, we need the opposite for when the time comes.

McCrorie is to us in Scottish football what Hemdani was for us in Europe. Hemdani would never play at Tynecastle but would be immense for us in Lyon, McCrorie won't play for us in Porto but is immense for the battles of the Scottish game.

He's simply not in the same category as our other youth or fringe players. He's a warrior and has proven it with MOM performances against Celtic, Aberdeen and HIbs.

There's going to be a time when our lovely football doesn't quite work against a hard working physical team and we're going to need a man who will put his body on the line to win every tackle and header.

I agree with every word here, except your last line.
That’s only because I think we can get a player with McCrorie’s qualities AND be more “technically gifted”.

Also his fee will be affected by his very poor form on loan at Portsmouth.
Who also want him back on a permanent deal? Sounds like all his suitors are well aware of his attributes and potential. Gerrard and Wilson will know his value to a club down South

Not at any stage in the past couple of years have I thought, "God we need Ross McCrorie in the team".

Nice lad, but never good enough for what we are trying to build.

The likes of McCrorie, Docherty, Murphy and Stewart all need to move permanently.
Not even for the last quarter of a game where we’re ahead but struggling to get a foothold in the game.
Maybe like away to St.Johnstone, Hearts league game, or the sheep last season?
Gerrard has used Edmundson in a similar role!
I’m not saying he should be starting the games.

If the best offer we are getting is 200k then we are as well loaning.

A good season at Hibs and his value could quite conceivably go up 5 times from 200k.

Not even for the last quarter of a game where we’re ahead but struggling to get a foothold in the game.
Maybe like away to St.Johnstone, Hearts league game, or the sheep last season?
Gerrard has used Edmundson in a similar role!
I’m not saying he should be starting the games.
Honestly, no mate. Too many flaws to his game in all positions.

The lad has big challenges ahead of him in defining a position so he can kick start his career wherever he ends up. He has a lot of work to do. I wish him well.

Absolutely spot on mate. I remember winning aerial battles against the likes of Mulumbu when he was 19. It’ll make me fucking sick seeing him go to hibs and bully our midfield in a physical game at ER.

People act like McCrorie is 18, he's only a year younger than Kamara who is streets and streets ahead of him yet people would sell him at the first opportunity

People act like age is an indicator of a players development stage. Some players develop faster than others. Kamara was fortunate that he played for Dundee at the age he did as it allowed him lots of first team football without the pressure to win every game. I'm not saying Ross will reach the required level ever but to use his age isn't really fair imo.

Reactions: dmg

Letting Gerrard off far too easily if he gets rid of Ross. He's proven he can play in winning Rangers teams with less talent and chaotic managers.

Are you suggesting that Gerrard sees McCrorie is a real talent but deliberately ignores it to play others instead?

People act like age is an indicator of a players development stage. Some players develop faster than others. Kamara was fortunate that he played for Dundee at the age he did as it allowed him lots of first team football without the pressure to win every game. I'm not saying Ross will reach the required level ever but to use his age isn't really fair imo.
It is an indicator because we can't keep giving contract to players incase they come good, there has to be a cut off point where we can extract maximum value. if we don't feel we are going to renew Ross's contract in 2022 then that point is now.

I think it would be a mistake to sell him.

Hearts in the cup last season was a game made for McCrorie. We’ll have these games again next season
If we are selling him, it shouldn’t be to Hibs and it certainly shouldn’t be for £200k

Go to 0:43

I’d outright sell him to St Gallen with a sell on clause and add ins if the rumours and reports are true keeps the good relationship we have built with them going before outright selling to that shower of sh*t after the Scott Allan fiasco can’t sell to our rivals remember.

Back