Ross McCrorie

Ross mcrorie is a quality players, he got a few good tackles in today,still a young boy playing in the worst Rangers team in 32 years,he is one of our bright hopes for next season amid the dross we have got.

I would rather he played in a CDM role today but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
There was a thread the other day asking were he should be playing... I said holding midfielder, end thread... Others are daft and thought CB... He will be a decent CB with a decent CB beside him. Whilst we have things like Martin beside him he should be nowhere near that position.

Ross mcrorie is a quality players, he got a few good tackles in today,still a young boy playing in the worst Rangers team in 32 years,he is one of our bright hopes for next season amid the dross we have got.
He was f ucking woeful today mate.... Or should i say Ross ;)

The whole team was dreadful, I thought RM had a good game,made a few good tackles,he had the awful Russell Martin beside him,the boy has great potential.a good manager will turn him into a top player.

He's 19 years old and just back from injury ffs and to top it all his pathetic excuse for a manager played him out of position against the scum.

Granted he never played as well as we're used to seeing him today and he got himself sent off, but he's still one of the best prospects I've seen coming through the ranks in many a long year.

Anyone who doesn't rate him is either a paedo at the wind up or a fucking crackpot who's still too angry and steaming after a long day to see straight!

He's a midfielder, it's that simple.
I've said it before whilst he was playing in there earlier this season that he's the best we've brought through since Barry.
I stand by that statement, but only as a midfielder.

Mate, take it you didn’t watch the game at the piggery at new year? Boy was best player on the park and didn’t Shite out of anything and kept their midfield at bay to a reasonable extent (wouldn’t have had to work as hard if Kranjcar wasn’t useless). But the boy is first team and is probably our best player, there’s no shame in that. Also he’s a fucking defensive midfielder.

See the way Rogic turned him inside out at the first goal? If he had been playing as a DM and not a CH would that somehow not have happened, because as a DM he might well be expected to make a tackle around the edge of the box.

And the way Dembele bullied him at the sending-off? As a DM he might well be tracking a midfield runner going into our box; so somehow that would not happen just because he was playing in a different position.

And those dreadful passes he made straight to opponents, some of them when he was under no pressure whatsoever. Does playing him as a DM suddenly make his passing better?
He was poor today, very poor indeed, and where he played does not excuse poor passing, inability to tackle and getting knocked off the ball by fat and lazy Dembele..

When Ross came into the team I didn't think he shone in central defence & for me Bates proved to be way better in there.

However when he moved to midfield I thought he was excellent in there & thought he had found his role - I still think he will be a huge success for us there.

Alves has been hugely disappointing, but still, we needed Ross more in the middle of the park yesterday, where we are overrun week after week, so for me, the obvious thing to do was play Alves at the back & Ross in midfield. Why Murty thought Halliday could do a job in there is anyone's guess.

I guess the abject performances of Alves & Martin prompted Murty to put Ross in, but it proved to be a costly mistake, and if he wasn't already done for before the game, he is now.

Would we have done better with Bates at the back, Ross (& Jack) in midfield? Probably, so Murty has been a wee bit unlucky in that respect, although it still wouldn't have been enough to win the game.

As for Alves, currently playing for the European champions, and Martin, a player with nearly 300 games in England & 30 caps for Scotland, they have been surprisingly poor, and it's cost us dearly.

He should have been playing dm in front of a ch pairing of Alves and Martin, he’s proved that he has the ability for this role and the fight, Murty’s decision to play Halliday in there ahead of him was criminal, I don’t think we lose like that if Murty started the game with them in they positions.

Another overrated player. Along with murphy, Dorrans and Docherty. He was abysmal today and I fear for him getting over being so rag dolled.

He's a kid....it won't be his last bad game.

That dud next to him is supposed to be the support and senior player who helps hin out....

Martin has needed walked and assisted through every game he has played - it's over time for others having to play with him.

Everyone has been singing his praises this year saying he's the young player of the year etc but today showed that he's never a centre back in a million years. Dembele absolutely bullied him from start to finish. Rogic ripped him for his goal and the sending off was absolutely ridiculous.

Yet for some reason he escapes a lot of criticism on here, especially compared to the likes of Tav who makes one mistake and there's countless threads made about him.
It must've been hard for him today to play alongside that Dumpling from Norwich

Why exactly is the OP starting a thread encouraging criticism of a player.

Mccrorie got schooled today. He's a young guy coming into a poor defense. He also knew it, was written all over his face as he walked off.

This place is the pits sometimes.

Imagine fans not wanting to come on and start countless threads sockking it to a young player. Terrible....

Even the best players take a spanking at times.
My concern is how our so called senior players have underwhelmed all season.
No point dwelling on the young boy as he'll come good, we have seen promise of that this season.
I think Murty was caught between a rock and a hard place yesterday. We're poor in midfield but even worse in defence so he tried to patch it up there.
That unfortunately sums it up for me. Poor midfield and appalling defence, not going to win much with these problems.

Fact is no matter who we have playing centre half they are gonna be exposed big time. Our full backs don't want to defend. Our 1,2 or 3 midfielders offer no support what's so ever. Leave massive gaps in the hole and the centre Half's have no choice but to follow the striker who goes long. Then they are faced with a midfielder running at them and a striker. It's how we play. Midfield too far from our striker and nowhere near the defense. Impossible.

Why exactly is the OP starting a thread encouraging criticism of a player.

Mccrorie got schooled today. He's a young guy coming into a poor defense. He also knew it, was written all over his face as he walked off.

This place is the pits sometimes.

Imagine fans not wanting to come on and start countless threads sockking it to a young player. Terrible....

He's a Rangers player and should be held accountable the same as his teammates fs.

Young Ross had a shocker yesterday, Dembele bullied him all over the park.

On hindsight though it may be a blessing in disguise for McCrorie, he has now learned more from that encounter than he has in previous games against other Spl sides. He really needs to bulk up a bit if he’s going to be a centre half

Prior to being pushed into DM he was an average CB. When it happened our reg CB pair was Alves and Cardoso. Jack got injured and Ross instantly found his position.

Can’t believe we have fans shouting on him to start at CB. He should of started DM and Alves in at CB.

He was woefull along with everybody today. But to me that is our manegments fault in the main. The team selection and tactics was absolutely baffling.

Not read any of the thread, but the young guy was hung out to dry by the manager. Played limited football and just back from an injury. Ridiculous decision to play him!

young Ross is never a centre half in his life I saw that coming yesterday he should have been in front of the back four another big mistake.

OP is absolutely spot on.

This thread has shown up some fans here. McCrorie and Halliday were both absolutely brutal and haven't had any proper game time for months. But yet some want to defend RM while throw Halliday under a bus.

There is no defence for either of them. End of. Infact there is not one single player that played yesterday deserves to be defended. It wasn't only about their ability. Everyone of them lacked energy and effort.

All 14 including the manager were spineless and gutless.

The stick the boy is getting is just mental. He had a shocking match but so did every player in that team. We leave our defence so exposed it’s crazy. But in every position we where poor so let’s calm down with hammering our most promising youngster.

He should have been playing dm in front of a ch pairing of Alves and Martin, he’s proved that he has the ability for this role and the fight, Murty’s decision to play Halliday in there ahead of him was criminal, I don’t think we lose like that if Murty started the game with them in they positions.

Completely agree, bar not being sure we still wouldn't have lost, but the capitulation and rolling over wouldn't have been as likely to my mind.

Total mismanagement by GM yesterday. A clusterfck.

Tragic how this is now leading to such a young player coming under unreasonable levels of scrutiny and critique, which is largely down to the fact that the experienced international CBs we have at the club (who should be leading by example and teching the lad how to play have let us down so badly that McCrorie has actually become a crutch for them to lean on.

McCrorie didn't have his best game yesterday but he's just back from injury and only 19 years old. He's a great prospect and I'm sure he'll go on to have a great career in football. I thought he was unlucky to be red carded yesterday as I thought the rules were if the referee gives the penalty then it shouldn't be a red as it's double punishment.

You are right with the set up for yesterday.
If Murty had a clue about the game he should've replaced Halliday with alves and not the imposter that is windass but then again he fucked his starting line up so cocking up his subs was par for the course.
But let's not forget we had failures in every position yesterday so I don't think the result would've been any better if alves was involved from the start.

I just don’t see him as a centre half for me he lacks awareness and strength to hold off bigger forwards I.e Dembele yesterday. The mentally challengeds targeted Mccrorie and pulled him away from the centre. If Martin had half a brain he’d of noticed this and helped the boy.

It was a lesson for Ross yesterday and he will learn but martin and Murty left him to be exposed and that should also be taken in toa ccount for his performance.

McCrorie didn't have his best game yesterday but he's just back from injury and only 19 years old. He's a great prospect and I'm sure he'll go on to have a great career in football. I thought he was unlucky to be red carded yesterday as I thought the rules were if the referee gives the penalty then it shouldn't be a red as it's double punishment.
I was screaming about this at the game yesterday and that it shouldn't be a red card, but checking the ruling today and apparently it's only a yellow if the offence was an attempt to play the ball. So unfortunately it looks like the mcrrorie red was justified.

he did not play well yesterday but his dumpling sidekick did him no favors whatsoever

the fact we’re talking about mccrorie and not Martin sums it up that at least mcrorie was in about it....Martin was MIA

he should have been playing in front of Martin and Alves allowing Docherty and Dorrans to push forward.....Docherty should have been given the Windass role and told to run until he dropped....and told to put one on that chunt brown

Murty is at fault for most of what happened yesterday

Everyone has been singing his praises this year saying he's the young player of the year etc but today showed that he's never a centre back in a million years. Dembele absolutely bullied him from start to finish. Rogic ripped him for his goal and the sending off was absolutely ridiculous.

Yet for some reason he escapes a lot of criticism on here, especially compared to the likes of Tav who makes one mistake and there's countless threads made about him.

I never once got the clamour for him to play centre half. He is, and always will be, a midfielder

Sorry, but that is a nonsense. He has more than proven that he is not only a first team player, but a key player at that.

In what sense he was bullied yesterday at the back has made mistakes in midfield even set up a goal he's a youth Player who came in and did well to a point but badly exposed again yesterday.
We need stronger players I do not see him as a first-team player not to say he cant make it just he's not ready at all now.

he did not play well yesterday but his dumpling sidekick did him no favors whatsoever

the fact we’re talking about mccrorie and not Martin sums it up that at least mcrorie was in about it....Martin was MIA

he should have been playing in front of Martin and Alves allowing Docherty and Dorrans to push forward.....Docherty should have been given the Windass role and told to run until he dropped....and told to put one on that chunt brown

Murty is at fault for most of what happened yesterday

We are talking about McCrorie as he was bullied all day Murty should have spotted that and subbed him but he let it go on till he caused a penalty then got sent off.
Martin is a poor loan/buy as well but McCrorie damaged us more yesterday.

Makes a fair amount of mistakes at centre half. That must be about 4 or 5 this season thus far.

He is NOT a centre half.

In what sense he was bullied yesterday at the back has made mistakes in midfield even set up a goal he's a youth Player who came in and did well to a point but badly exposed again yesterday.
We need stronger players I do not see him as a first-team player not to say he cant make it just he's not ready at all now.

So you just forget the games in which he has played prior to yesterday in which he has been excellent, including our draw at Parkhead in December, because he had a poor game yesterday?

He is clearly a first-team player.

So you just forget the games in which he has played prior to yesterday in which he has been excellent, including our draw at Parkhead in December, because he had a poor game yesterday?

He is clearly a first-team player.

No I'm judging him on more games it's clear to see he's not a defender as he makes too many mistakes and when playing against a decent midfielder like Malumba he's get bullied in their as well.

He’s a 19 year old guy who’s came back after a long injury layoff and in to a team that has clearly no belief or confidence.

He’s also playing beside a centre half in Russell Martin who is hopeless, absolutely fucking hopeless. Add to that it was his first OF semi-final and he was playing against, arguably, the best player in the league who was very good for them yesterday.

But sure OP, go ahead and lay in to Ross McCrorie. That’ll do it.

We are talking about McCrorie as he was bullied all day Murty should have spotted that and subbed him but he let it go on till he caused a penalty then got sent off.
Martin is a poor loan/buy as well but McCrorie damaged us more yesterday.

Even if David Bates was playing

Murty cost us with his pish pussycat tactics

I am not writting him.off for one bad game, he is a good player with lots of potential but had a real lesson dished out to him yesterday along with the other 20 starters and subs and manager !

Didn't have a good game yesterday, in the run he had at Centre mid he was probably our best player, I assume he is suspended just for one game?

He has played next to no football lately.

This is the key for me. He was woeful yesterday but given his lack of game time it would be mental to rubbish him on one bad performance. Likewise We should avoid going overboard on the boy when he inevitably plays well against Hearts or some other mince.

Back