Ross McCrorie

He has only about 15 first team games under his belt is extremely young and got absolutely zero help from a experienced international defender beside him.

He had a poor game but after only 60mins of football after a long lay off he should’ve been playing where Halliday was and Alves should’ve played imo.

This lad is way down the list of players we should getting on to imo.

How about our captain for the day he shat his drawers again and our GK who let’s face it should be saving the first goal and his panicky distribution was a disgrace at times.

He has only about 15 first team games under his belt is extremely young and got absolutely zero help from a experienced international defender beside him.

He had a poor game but after only 60mins of football after a long lay off he should’ve been playing where Halliday was and Alves should’ve played imo.

This lad is way down the list of players we should getting on to imo.

How about our captain for the day he shat his drawers again and our GK who let’s face it should be saving the first goal and his panicky distribution was a disgrace at times.

What exactly did Tav do yesterday for him to be singled out and criticised? Also, the first goal is McCrorie's fault for being caught like a statue.

What exactly did Tav do yesterday for him to be singled out and criticised? Also, the first goal is McCrorie's fault for being caught like a statue.

Tav was Captain do you recall him being one I don’t. His play was panic ridden and showed absolutely zero composure a captain should he shat it!

I agree McCrorie was at fault but he is a pup and not one of these more experienced players gave that lad any help what so ever I explained that above.

Last edited:
I just don’t see him as a centre half for me he lacks awareness and strength to hold off bigger forwards I.e Dembele yesterday. The mentally challengeds targeted Mccrorie and pulled him away from the centre. If Martin had half a brain he’d of noticed this and helped the boy.

It was a lesson for Ross yesterday and he will learn but martin and Murty left him to be exposed and that should also be taken in toa ccount for his performance.

Totally correct. Ah for the old days when centre backs would cover for each other and god forbid a full back would tuck in now and again at a sign of danger.

A far too open, disorganized shambles. If we're looking for blame then it lies elsewhere and young boys like McCrorie, Docherty and Morelos were badly let down by their senior team mates.

Is he suspended for the next cup game? Or is it the next league game?

Everyone has been singing his praises this year saying he's the young player of the year etc but today showed that he's never a centre back in a million years. Dembele absolutely bullied him from start to finish. Rogic ripped him for his goal and the sending off was absolutely ridiculous.

Yet for some reason he escapes a lot of criticism on here, especially compared to the likes of Tav who makes one mistake and there's countless threads made about him.

He was awful yesterday.

No getting away from that.

But he's not a centre half.

His 2 best displays have been in defensive mid vs Aberdeen where he utterly dominated them, and at Parkhead where he was thundering into tackles and shutting Brown down rather easily.

To start him at centre back yesterday was hanging him out to dry and giving them even more of an advantage.

In a weird way it will be a good learning curve for the boy. we need to remember he's only 20 and is still learning his trade and gaining experience. IMO i really like him in front of back 2 maybe play him there against Hearts if he's not suspended.

McCrorie’s the luckiest boy at the club just now.

The worst player on the park but receives the least criticism. Inexperienced or not, he was a disaster. Morelos is a young player too, and was our best player on the day yet still gets abuse for looking unhappy and frustrated at playing in a side that’s getting pumped.

McCrorie’s the luckiest boy at the club just now.

The worst player on the park but receives the least criticism. Inexperienced or not, he was a disaster. Morelos is a young player too, and was our best player on the day yet still gets abuse for looking unhappy and frustrated at playing in a side that’s getting pumped.
Agree about Morelos mate but a bit harsh on McCrorie. Boy had played next to no football going into that game.

In a weird way it will be a good learning curve for the boy. we need to remember he's only 20 and is still learning his trade and gaining experience. IMO i really like him in front of back 2 maybe play him there against Hearts if he's not suspended.
There's an old saying 'you pay for your learning'. This will be a good lesson for him and hopefully will galvanise him in future he has great potential and was in the wrong position as any fool could see, he should have been used in midfield with Alves in defence where he should be every game. Too many players not having the 'dig' to do' their duty and fight for a win.

Agree about Morelos mate but a bit harsh on McCrorie. Boy had played next to no football going into that game.

I really like McCrorie, but he’s getting special protection too. A lack of football can’t account for not being able to compete simple passes under very little pressure and not being able to do the basics.

He could be a brilliant player for us, but there’s major hypocrisy with regards to who gets it in the neck.

If Alves is fit we need to just take our chances with car crash Martin and move McCrorie into midfield

Everyone has been singing his praises this year saying he's the young player of the year etc but today showed that he's never a centre back in a million years. Dembele absolutely bullied hi
m from start to finish. Rogic ripped him for his goal and the sending off was absolutely ridiculous.

Yet for some reason he escapes a lot of criticism on here, especially compared to the likes of Tav who makes one mistake and there's countless threads made about him.
He's only a fucking boy

Everyone has been singing his praises this year saying he's the young player of the year etc but today showed that he's never a centre back in a million years. Dembele absolutely bullied him from start to finish. Rogic ripped him for his goal and the sending off was absolutely ridiculous.

Partly because he's still young and partly because most recognise that CB isn't his best position.

You're right about Tav though, the moonhowlers on here really seem to have it in for him.

He’s a young guy learning his trade. Mistakes happen.

The worst part of been a Rangers fan is the way we treat our kids. One bad game and the boy is shite. Not good enough, needs this and needs to go to midfield. Ok granted he had a stinker but he is the most impressive youngster to come out of f Ibrox since Ferguson’s and he needs backing more than ever now.

DJ was in a great team and McCrorie was a CH all his youth career

Not having a pop at McCrorie mate, as DJ was clearly an exceptional talent, but Ross looks far more assured as a DM than he does in central defence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about the team against Celtic this week. Surely we can't play McCrorie at CB against Dembele again? He bullied him and Rodgers will know he's an easy target.

Thinking about the team against Celtic this week. Surely we can't play McCrorie at CB against Dembele again? He bullied him and Rodgers will know he's an easy target.

Have you seen any evidence Murty can or will learn from his mistakes?

We have no option unfortunately as Alves has a hamstring injury and Cardoso pumped Murty’s wife which leaves us with Ross and Russ.

I think he's came in for a lot of unfair criticism,Murty should keep him at DM,much better suited,he should go back to the diamond we played with against Aberdeen,and what's the score with Bates,he can't be that badly injured if he's flying over to Germany getting him back would give us a boost. Does anyone know if he's back training yet.

We have no option unfortunately as Alves has a hamstring injury and Cardoso pumped Murty’s wife which leaves us with Ross and Russ.
A frightening prospect :(

I was of the mindset a while back the McCrorie would be better at CH, but now I'm not so sure. Doesn't look comfortable in there and is prone to errors, lack of concentration and poor game intelligence.

Sticking him in as a DM might be the best thing going forward - but at CH against the mentally challengeds I think he will be badly exposed again.

He doesn't look that good at centre back. He's looked pretty good at defensive mid. Maybe the next manager will start putting a team out that plays to our individual players strengths.

CH is a difficult position for a youngster to be playing at a high level. Every mistake is highlighted and criticised as it very often will lead to a goal, or at least a chance for the opposition. However, he has all of the qualities to be a very good player. He may be better learning his trade as a DM, where he can offer protection in front of the CH's and also make greater use of his athleticism around the park. A misplaced pass is generally less costly. In time, he can move back into the defence on a permanent basis.

However, unless Cardoso comes into the team, McCrorie will remain at CB for the Celtic match. Alves doesn't look like he is going to be fit, leaving Ross and Martin as the only two options (unless Bates makes a surprise recovery?)

I think he will be a fantastic defender in a back 3. Good with both feet, very quick and reads the game well.

Back