Ross McCrorie

Thought he had a great game tonight considering his lack of game time, needs to be given a run in team now.

Not sure about a run in the team, as I'd still say Jack is ahead of him and we only need one defensive midfielder in the side. However I do agree that he had a very good game especially considering he's not had much game time of late.

Good seeing him back. He’s probably our 3rd best midfielder as things stand as deserves a go in the team.

Tough to come in from the cold and perform against Euro opposition, thought he was OK.

He was fine up until the goal where he hesitated and lost the runner.

Can be excused given that he’s barely played for months, going forward though we don’t need both him and Jack in the same team as they are too similar.

I thought his hesitation to track their player led to their goal. I do agree he had played well up until then though.

A bit unfair IMO. It came from McGregor's poor clearance and tbf, McCrorie was probably knackered by that point since he's barely featured this season.

one positive tonight would be jack looked good ahead of McCrorie and for me that’s our midfield for the next five matches. With Arfield in his natural position and Coulibaly in the stand.
McCrorie is good in that position. McGregor was at fault for the goal with Tav before that in a great position once again but wasting the chance to create anything.

He did dither slightly at their goal but that apart he was immense. The boy should be a start every week, just playing behind Jack.

If you're going away to nick a point away from home, I can see the point in starting him.

Breaks up play and presses well but struggled to see why we went with him tonight.

He played well. I’d like to see him get more game time but he’ll probably end up out the picture for another few weeks.

Thought he had a great game tonight considering his lack of game time, needs to be given a run in team now.

Him and Borno made a bid difference until they ran out of steam about the 70 min mark. People blaming him for the goal is wrong. He was knackered yet still tracked their most creative midfielder this season who had just come on fresh and attempted an interception. Delighted for him and most get a run of games now and he is ours.

I thought his hesitation to track their player led to their goal. I do agree he had played well up until then though.
He just seemed to slow down for a split second and the guy was past him and through on goal when the pass came to him,but it was too late for Ross to catch him

Thought he was excellent.

Jack and McCrorie proved to be effective. Coulibally - %^*& me, his ball rentention is atrocious. Like a man down when he’s on the ball.

I don’t think that it was ‘his hesitation’ but more the fact that he was blowing out his arse at 84 minutes considering he hasn’t completed 90 minutes for us this season.

McCrorie didn’t play badly but should have been off @ 60 minutes instead of Ryan Jack who kept our shape well. A baffling substitution by Gerrard imo.

If we had better players available around him possibly, however we don't, therefore his lack of poise, distribution makes him unworthy of a regular start.

He was fine tonight.

The decision to play Jack, Coulibaly and McCrorie wasn't so good.
I'd go with this, an absolute beige midfield with no creativity. I like Jack and McCrorie (I've went completely off Coulibably since coming back from his injury), but we need at least one or two of them replaced in the first XI with players that are creative and will drive forward. We need a couple players with the attacking and creative threat that Rogic and Ncham have, that is the primary difference between ourselves and Celtic atm.

Was not a poor kick out from Mcgregor that led to the goal? Why blame McCrorie for another poor "pass"/"kickout" from a keeper who has saved us many times, but his kicking causes us problems regularly !!

Totally lost the runner for the goal. We need more dynamic midfielders who can defend and attack and I don't think we need someone as defensive in midfield in the SPL

Him and Jack looked good tonight, funnily enough both looked better when playing with each other last season.

A mistake at their goal but mistakes can be forgiven when you covering for others mistakes during the game.

Back