Ross Mccrorie

TexMexBear

Anyone else frustrated by the lack of game time Ross is getting?
Jack was poor today, should have been subbed at halftime. Saying that noone was great.
I'd have Ross starting most games and I'd play him before Worral at CH.
A winner that adds steel and agression, wins the midfield battle and has the pace to cover counter attacks. We're better when he plays.
Hopefully the manager will play him next season.

I have a bad feeling he’s going on loan next season.

Can see him at Bury or Shrews, providing they’ve looked after the other two well.

Can see him at Bury or Shrews, providing they’ve looked after the other two well.
That's exactly what he needs. A full season in competitive men's football to help him develop further. He won't get that here and a loan would be ideal for him, and us, long term, imo.

We don’t have anyone who does his job for us when he’s missing.

Just give him the arm band, the number 6 shirt and be done with it. :)
Lol, I think he's a cracking player but he needs a full season of games, like rossitter and docherty got this year (both bury and Shrewsbury fans raved about them) and come back a better player for it. Think we all forget he's still an inexperienced kid as he's stood out in a few games.

Lol, I think he's a cracking player but he needs a full season of games, like rossitter and docherty got this year (both bury and Shrewsbury fans raved about them) and come back a better player for it. Think we all forget he's still an inexperienced kid as he's stood out in a few games.

Can see a MF from Ross, Rossiter, Doch & Kamara in the years ahead,

Can't see him getting the game time he needs for his development with us next season. For that reason, he should go on a season long loan to an SPL side and hopefully be ready to be a first team reg the season after.

Young Ross when asked to step up hasn't put a foot wrong. More game time with us will only be to his (and our) advantage. Loaning him out will be more to our detrement than our advantage. Comparing him with Rossiter / Docherty is a slight to the boy, as he's proved more than both of them when given the opportunity.

Last edited:
Said it plenty of times on FF. McCrorie is technically not good enough on the ball. It was obvious at the start of last season with the additions we made. We don’t need a midfield destroyer to break down a team who sit behind the ball at Ibrox. However, in big games he needs to play for those attributes. I’ll add I think he’s been outstanding for the role he does in the games he’s played. But he needs to get better with the ball if he wants to be a regular. Said this last year and someone get their knickers in a twist. Proof is in the pudding because he’s hardly featured in recent times.

Won't be getting regular football again next season so a loan makes sense for everyone.

The technical aspects of his game need significant development. Not good enough with the ball at his feet.

Yes, not playing him today was a mistake by Gerrard. Dropping him at Kilmarnock after his motm performance in December added to the tactical fuckwittery that day.

Said it plenty of times on FF. McCrorie is technically not good enough on the ball. It was obvious at the start of last season with the additions we made. We don’t need a midfield destroyer to break down a team who sit behind the ball at Ibrox. However, in big games he needs to play for those attributes. I’ll add I think he’s been outstanding for the role he does in the games he’s played. But he needs to get better with the ball if he wants to be a regular. Said this last year and someone get their knickers in a twist. Proof is in the pudding because he’s hardly featured in recent times.

He is, though. He has shown himself technically capable in many games this season, as well as, showing up consistently against the best opposition we face. If we had played McCrorie more, I think we'd have been less flakey at times.

I'm worried about next season for him, though.

He is, though. He has shown himself technically capable in many games this season, as well as, showing up consistently against the best opposition we face. If we had played McCrorie more, I think we'd have been less flakey at times.

I'm worried about next season for him, though.

Honestly bit of rose tinted specs here. He is good at winning the ball but his ball retention and distribution is below average. Something that might well improve with regular game time. That is why I think a loan is best for him next season.

Gerrard has indicated that McCrorie was broken last year after the way the season ended and his part in the hammerings by Celtic.

It’s been a gradual process to get him back to where he needs to be. Gerrard is obviously a fan, given he’s started a lot of the big games this season.

He’s far too good for that level. Dodgy situation because I wouldn’t know where is suitable for him to go but Gerrard clearly doesn’t fancy him that much, and we can’t have him sitting on the bench constantly at his age.

He's maybe a little overhyped right now. Now if we need a defensive battler to beef up the midfield in a tough game, fair enough. But he's not in the team because at this point he's down the pecking order. Halliday (right now) is a better all round midfielder than young Ross. That tells me how much young Ross still needs to improve. I have my doubts he will ever hold down a regular starting berth for us in midfield. I still think he's got a better chance at centre half or a right back in time. I'd put him out on loan where he can regularly play one of those two positions. If we improve the midfield, and we need to. He's gonna be further away next year than he is now.

Agreed bro

What would McCrorie have added that Halliday didn't. An even more defensive set up. At least Halliday was playing forward, attack minded balls. McCrorie's range of passing is poor.

We struggled because we had numerous first team players out, a midfield that contained absolutely no creativity; Kamara, Jack and Halliday along with resorting back to the dreadful 4-3-3 set up that saw us struggle against Kilmarnock.when we has our first team players available.

Moving forward I wouldn't be surprised to see less of McCrorie. You certainly don't need him from the start in the bigger, tougher games.

If Halliday is showing more ability and more desire in training to get a shirt, then Ross needs a good shake!!

He's maybe a little overhyped right now. Now if we need a defensive battler to beef up the midfield in a tough game, fair enough. But he's not in the team because at this point he's down the pecking order. Halliday (right now) is a better all round midfielder than young Ross. That tells me how much young Ross still needs to improve. I have my doubts he will ever hold down a regular starting berth for us in midfield. I still think he's got a better chance at centre half or a right back in time. I'd put him out on loan where he can regularly play one of those two positions. If we improve the midfield, and we need to. He's gonna be further away next year than he is now.

Say we play Celtic tomorrow and Aberdeen the next week, who do you play in midfield - McCrorie or Halliday.

Couldn’t believe he didn’t start. Halliday was useless in midfield would have been better at LB in front of Barasic. Hope we don’t ruin him.

Neither of them.

McCrorie has proven nearly every time he has been played what a positive effect he has on the rest of the midfield.

One of our most dynamic players in there who moves the ball quickly and with purpose.

He also wins his battles and second balls. Jack and Halliday were constantly bullied yesterday, it was screaming for him to come in.

Unfortunately Ross isn’t the player everyone thinks he is. And personally I don’t think he will live up to the early hype. Time will tell. He can only be learning from guys like davis etc. There is a stark difference in quality from mcrorie and kamara, who isnt exactly that much older than him.

Maybe Gerrard knew it was an absolutely meaningless game with half the first team already on holiday and with Kilmarnock desperate for three points we could have a tough afternoon, and didn't want McCrorie to be part of the absolute roasting we've seen on here since yesterday as if we just lost a cup game to East Kilbride.

Maybe he knew it would be Halliday and Worrall's final appearances so gave them a goodbye

He should’ve played today, and every time, before Andy Halliday.

I don’t agree with sentiment in league games but I have a feeling that may be the last time we see Andy. Worrall we already know we won’t be seeing again. I think Ross has a big future at Rangers and it may have been a run out for Halliday, which if he does leave he will have deserved.

He should of played ahead of Halliday.

However he will never be a regular starter for us unless he improves the technical side of his game, thats the honest truth.

I don’t know if a loan to a L1 side would help, its not a very technical league. I said before I think his best option would he a loan to a Liga Segunda or 2.Bundesliga side. But its then getting them to take a player who isn’t very clever or technical.

Some big decisions to be made regarding McCrorie and his development this summer. Trust the likes of Beale to make the correct judgements.

He's not really good enough to be a regular starter for a title winning side yet. A loan down in England or even to the lies of Hearts would be a good thing I think.

Anyone else frustrated by the lack of game time Ross is getting?
Jack was poor today, should have been subbed at halftime. Saying that noone was great.
I'd have Ross starting most games and I'd play him before Worral at CH.
A winner that adds steel and agression, wins the midfield battle and has the pace to cover counter attacks. We're better when he plays.
Hopefully the manager will play him next season.
Gerrard said he’s a def mid so isn’t going to play him their.yes jack was poor yesterday but he has played well most of season.
Until Ross improves his passing then he isn’t go to play a lot of games.

The most important component in the attributes of a midfielder is the ability to keep the ball, either when in possession or in the pass. McCrorie has to continue to develop in those areas and perhaps a spell out on loan would be the right thing for him at this stage.

Last edited:
Jack, Kamara and Davies are all ahead of him at the moment. I don’t think it will change next year. They are better all round players.

Ross needs game time for his development. With players coming back it will be even harder to get into our midfield next year.

A year in loan is really his best bet, preferably in the SPL for him to develop and prove his worth that we all know he’s got.

Presses and tackles well. Distribution not brilliant but not appalling either. A good sub to have if not playing. But at this stage of his career needs games.

Unfortunately Ross isn’t the player everyone thinks he is. And personally I don’t think he will live up to the early hype. Time will tell. He can only be learning from guys like davis etc. There is a stark difference in quality from mcrorie and kamara, who isnt exactly that much older than him.

For starters they're completely different players.

How many goals has McCrorie cost us? Kamara has already sold 2 and he's been here 4 months.

Back