Ross Perry takes on new challenge at Darvel

Don’t know about that mate.....

big bombscare Perry
Meggatt found his level at junior after somehow stealing a career at pro level
Miller overrated loud mouth
Even took bang average haxton from Coville with them

3-0 vs beith is a decent result.

Did a darvel boy pump your missus st some stage? Very bitter.

Don’t know about that mate.....

big bombscare Perry
Meggatt found his level at junior after somehow stealing a career at pro level
Miller overrated loud mouth
Even took bang average haxton from Coville with them
Only one who played 90
Minutes was Meggatt , we will only get better

Anybody writing Darvel off clearly has no clue about Kennedy and his achievements at Colville. The guy is a born winner and it's no normal amateur manager stepping up. It's a guy stepping up with the resources and the pull to get players in.

3 nil with 10 men for 60 mins at Beith is a superb result friendly or not. They will only get better because Kennedy is ruthless and will continue to bring quality players in.

Anybody writing Darvel off clearly has no clue about Kennedy and his achievements at Colville. The guy is a born winner and it's no normal amateur manager stepping up. It's a guy stepping up with the resources and the pull to get players in.

3 nil with 10 men for 60 mins at Beith is a superb result friendly or not. They will only get better because Kennedy is ruthless and will continue to bring quality players in.

Colville cheated year in year out by paying folk. Not hard to win things when you can take boys from pro teams or high level junior for
Coin.

Colville cheated year in year out by paying folk. Not hard to win things when you can take boys from pro teams or high level junior for
Coin.

Agreed but Kennedy attracted guys from senior football to amateur with Colville for a bit of dough. Now he has a huge budget, and is only asking players to drop a couple of levels rather than right down to amateur. It's going to be a canter for him as he has an easier role attracting players to Darvel than Colville.

His Colville team would probably have won that league Darvel are in this season that's how good they were. They scudded junior teams all the time but his Darvel team will ne levels above what he had at Colville.

Mate the talbot guys all trying to be smart making a fool of us , if I was them I would be careful what they say , this might be a season too early for the Scottish but we will win it in the next few years and that’s no being smart that’s just my opinion , mick as u say won’t stand for being second best

Best of luck to Big Ross at ‘Dervil’.
He’s a smashing lad from good Bluenose stock.

Was a bit of banter that I was having with said players, 3 of them are my good mates, settle

Ha, no worries.

I don’t really follow the juniors but they take a passing interest. The bitterness from some quarters when a junior team gets investment, particularly investment close to home astounds me.

Don’t agree with paying players at amateur level but absolutely nothing wrong with it in the juniors imo.

Darvel have clearly made a statement with the Colville Park manager going there, signing the likes of Kier Knapp and Ross Perry. Yesterday’s result against Beith, who were 4th in premiership if my memory serves me correctly, is a statement that they’ll be the team to watch this year!

Anyone know bookies that take odds this early in scottish junior and west?

Beith 0
Darvel 3

Guys take the vale seriously cause we are a top team

Says the guy who was happy to report Darvel couldn't play a fixture when they had players away yet takes credit for Darvel beating a depleted Beith squad :rolleyes:

Darvel will no doubt win the league they are in, but winning the Scottish is a different ball game altogether. They will find it difficult once they come up to the top league as well, everybody will raise their game against the billy big baws team.

Says the guy who was happy to report Darvel couldn't play a fixture when they had players away yet takes credit for Darvel beating a depleted Beith squad :rolleyes:
And we will pump yous two weeks on Wednesday as well and for ur info we were short of top class players yesterday , ur days as top dogs are numbered , mark my words

When do the Talbot play Darvel? Just realise that clown just says its a fortnight I hope the Talbot batter them.

And we will pump yous two weeks on Wednesday as well and for ur info we were short of top class players yesterday , ur days as top dogs are numbered , mark my words

What did beating Talbot last season get Darvel again? That's right - nothing :D

I get the feeling you don’t like the Talbot:p
No mate the talbot as a club are unbelievable and the players and committee are top guys but some of their fans think they have a divine right to beat anyone well trust me the days of walking over Darvel are long gone , we have a manger in place who quite simply won’t accept being second to anyone

No mate the talbot as a club are unbelievable and the players and committee are top guys but some of their fans think they have a divine right to beat anyone well trust me the days of walking over Darvel are long gone , we have a manger in place who quite simply won’t accept being second to anyone

I think i’ll head down and watch the game on the 31st, should be good.

Genuine question who probably has the biggest playing budget in junior football? Would it now be Darvel? Talbot? Genuinely interested.
I'm also interested in this, always boggles my mind how the junior game can thrive and do so much better financially than a lot of lower level senior teams.

Two different answers already :) I assume there’s 3 or 4 clubs who have vastly superior budgets to others.
Talbot, Glens and Cumnock will pay roughly the same. Pollok a bit more, also Hurlford more again and Darvel pay more than anyone imo

But of course you don’t actually know that for a fact ?

I think he will have a better idea than most as he has a family member who plays junior football and has played for at least one of those clubs

I'll be honest, I've no idea how much the Talbot players are on. I could ask them and I'm sure some would tell me. But I've no interest in how much they get - whatever it is, they deserve it, and earn it.

Will be a interesting season.Kilbirnie have made some good signings. They drew 2-2 through at Linlithgow yesterday and go down to Darvel on Wed night for a friendly. Chrissy Craig ex Rangers youth has signed for Kilbirnie

Talbot surely with a televised cup tie vs Ayr, 10-15k at Tynecastle, a large support, their social club and local backers surely would have the biggest amount of cash available for the season ahead?

Will be a interesting season.Kilbirnie have made some good signings. They drew 2-2 through at Linlithgow yesterday and go down to Darvel on Wed night for a friendly. Chrissy Craig ex Rangers youth has signed for Kilbirnie

Chrissy knocked back Darvel as the manager couldn't guarantee him a game every week. Was also shocked to see Chrissy benched for the amateur Scottish Cup Final in May.

Talbot surely with a televised cup tie vs Ayr, 10-15k at Tynecastle, a large support, their social club and local backers surely would have the biggest amount of cash available for the season ahead?

Why? We've invested a lot of that cash in the infrastructure already (in fact we spent a wedge of cash on covers to ensure the Ayr game went ahead - had the weather defeated us the game wasn't being televised on another date and we'd have been thousands out of pocket).

We've also spent on getting the ground ready for a) floodloghts and b) applying for our licence so that won't leave as much as people think to spend on players and their wages. We've let 3 go and signed 3 so wages should be pretty similar to last seaon's.

Back