Ross Perry takes on new challenge at Darvel

Not from me I was in the Irvine Meadow committee for years and I resigned because of the money that came in, that is not Junior football and I walked.

Agreed but Kennedy attracted guys from senior football to amateur with Colville for a bit of dough. Now he has a huge budget, and is only asking players to drop a couple of levels rather than right down to amateur. It's going to be a canter for him as he has an easier role attracting players to Darvel than Colville.

His Colville team would probably have won that league Darvel are in this season that's how good they were. They scudded junior teams all the time but his Darvel team will ne levels above what he had at Colville.

That Colville team got beat 2-1 by Blantyre Vics in a January friendly last season when Blantyre only had 12 players there including 2 keepers.

Big jump between amateur and junior.

Obviously can't read too much into friendly games right enough.

It's quite funny seeing the Darvel fans denying they're paying a lot of money for players when some of the players themselves have been openly bragging about what they're on :D

That Colville team got beat 2-1 by Blantyre Vics in a January friendly last season when Blantyre only had 12 players there including 2 keepers.

Big jump between amateur and junior.

Obviously can't read too much into friendly games right enough.

It's quite funny seeing the Darvel fans denying they're paying a lot of money for players when some of the players themselves have been openly bragging about what they're on :D

Yeah you can't read too much into friendlies, but when there's a trend there over a length of time ie Colville winning a lot more against junior teams than they lost, then it points to them being more than good enough for that level. Last season for instance, they took 5 or 6 off Cumbernauld United who are amongst the biggest spenders in The Championship. Results like that arent a fluke, a fluke is sneaking a win by the odd goal. The guys who don't realise how good Colville are tend to be junior fans who have a snobbery about amateur football.

The Darvel guy on here is maybe technically right that they aren't paying huge, huge wages (although I believe they are for certain players) but he's not mentioned the signing on fees players are getting which bumps up the player remuneration ;)

If they have the money and want to spend a fortune then good on them. It's all the lying about it and pretending that players are just going there for the 'project'. Absolute nonsense.

Yeah you can't read too much into friendlies, but when there's a trend there over a length of time ie Colville winning a lot more against junior teams than they lost, then it points to them being more than good enough for that level. Last season for instance, they took 5 or 6 off Cumbernauld United who are amongst the biggest spenders in The Championship. Results like that arent a fluke, a fluke is sneaking a win by the odd goal. The guys who don't realise how good Colville are tend to be junior fans who have a snobbery about amateur football.

The Darvel guy on here is maybe technically right that they aren't paying huge, huge wages (although I believe they are for certain players) but he's not mentioned the signing on fees players are getting which bumps up the player remuneration ;)
Well we will find out on the 31st when Talbot come to Town/Village hope they totally batter them

What annoys me that Neil McPherson kept the team and the place alive without hardly any help. Now theres carpetbaggers everywhere, where were they when Neil kept them alive?

What annoys me that Neil McPherson kept the team and the place alive without hardly any help. Now theres carpetbaggers everywhere, where were they when Neil kept them alive?

Absolutely.

I said earlier in the thread I know four of their players who got them promoted....guys who used to play at Onthank and Fenwick Amateurs.....they have been released with the influx of the new management

Mick has taken the best Amateur players from Colville and Ayrshire and added good Junior/Ex Senior players to his squad. Big surprise Chrissy Craig never went to Darvel as him big McD and Skelf - Paul McLaughlin always their best players anytime I saw them. Mick dropped Chrissy and played Jarheid Alan McCrum as he runs all day long. Eastfield very young team so might have been concerned they would get overrun In Midfield. Colville won so Mick called it correct - again in the big game. Colville along with St Pats Dumbarton Harestanes, Eastfield and Bannockburn would not look out of place in the Juniors. Lots of quality players in the Fosters, Caledonian, Ayrshire and Edinburgh Amateur Leagues who could easily step up to Juniors Lowland or Seniors.

Mick has taken the best Amateur players from Colville and Ayrshire and added good Junior/Ex Senior players to his squad. Big surprise Chrissy Craig never went to Darvel as him big McD and Skelf - Paul McLaughlin always their best players anytime I saw them. Mick dropped Chrissy and played Jarheid Alan McCrum as he runs all day long. Eastfield very young team so might have been concerned they would get overrun In Midfield. Colville won so Mick called it correct - again in the big game. Colville along with St Pats Dumbarton Harestanes, Eastfield and Bannockburn would not look out of place in the Juniors. Lots of quality players in the Fosters, Caledonian, Ayrshire and Edinburgh Amateur Leagues who could easily step up to Juniors Lowland or Seniors.
Darren Miller at Darvel also I hear.Very decent player when in the mood

The boy phinn from glencairn under 21s is also a quality player. Great left foot and should comfortably make the step up to juniors.

Back in 3-4 weeks I was told this evening.

Attending every game whilst injured so fair play to him.

If him and the boy Meggat get teamed up they’ll be like the iron curtain!

Guys
Darvel v talbot
7pm ko
Recreation park Darvel

Should be a cracker £6 adults £3 concessions

Get along and see if the new kids on the block can beat the best junior team In Scotland

Back