Ross Wilson died in an air crash in 1959

Ritchie Valens only got on the plane because he won on the flip of a coin.
Correct. Holly's guitarist lost the the toss. Tommy Allsup. Bass player Waylon Jenings gave the Big Bopper his seat too. Cos the BB was quite large and bus seat would be uncomfortable.
Bet they never ever cursed a bus journey again. :cool:

Correct. Holly's guitarist lost the the toss. Tommy Allsup. Bass player Waylon Jenings gave the Big Bopper his seat too. Cos the BB was quite large and bus seat would be uncomfortable.
Bet they never ever cursed a bus journey again. :cool:
Allsup lived to 85 and had a son. Waylon Jennings a bit of a wilder life married 4 times and smoked 120 cigarettes a day died age 64 from diabetes complications.

True story.

The last time Jennings remembered talking to Holly, the front man was chiding him for chickening out of the plane ride. "I hope your damn bus freezes up again," Holly said, smiling.
Jennings replied with the words that haunted him for years:
"Well, I hope your ol' plane crashes."

Just good friends joking with each other, then it happened. :-(

True story.

The last time Jennings remembered talking to Holly, the front man was chiding him for chickening out of the plane ride. "I hope your damn bus freezes up again," Holly said, smiling.
Jennings replied with the words that haunted him for years:
"Well, I hope your ol' plane crashes."

Just good friends joking with each other, then it happened. :-(

Apparently Waylon Jennings gave up his seat on the plane to the Big Bopper who had the cold or flu.

If Ross Wilson was in charge of hiring a plane he would definitely go for one with a dodgy maintenance history that was available a bit cheaper.

Great when it can fly but in the hanger getting fixed more often than not.

• Haha
Reactions: TQ3
Back