Ross Wilson on his way

I’m excited about this appointment.
I think people are over-analysing it and looking for negatives.

Ultimately, it’s the structure we need to follow as a club and the guy seems experienced in a similar role.

Will be interested to see what sort of changes he makes and how he’ll get on working with a budget smaller than he is used to. I think he’ll do well.

I don't know anything about this guy but I'm going to pretend I do just so I can look cool and in the know. Cmon.

Another exciting addition to the club. The structure that is being put in place will hopefully take us back to the top, and keep us there for a good number of years.

I’m excited about this appointment.
I think people are over-analysing it and looking for negatives.

Ultimately, it’s the structure we need to follow as a club and the guy seems experienced in a similar role.

Will be interested to see what sort of changes he makes and how he’ll get on working with a budget smaller than he is used to. I think he’ll do well.
To be fair I’ve hardly seen anyone look for negatives here. Normally I’d agree as a fan base we do that but I don’t see that.

I appreciate this isn't a great addition to the thread but can't say I'm too fussed either way. Obviously hopefully we get someone competent in but there must be a few out there in the field.

To be fair I’ve hardly seen anyone look for negatives here. Normally I’d agree as a fan base we do that but I don’t see that.

You’d have seen it on last weeks thread.
But hopefully once he’s in and settled it will all be rosy.

Great appointment, Mark Allan did a good job building a structure from scratch and hopefully this guys knowledge of the markets Southampton have been successful in can keep us moving forward!

You sound as if your not buying into this appointment.

can I ask why?
I am mate I had actually wrote a post out above mine that had said I wasn't being sarcastic etc then realized I had replied to the wrong guy if u look above u will see the full stop lol just unsure to what to expect.

This is a man with a contacts book to die for and huge inside knowledge of lots of good young players.
Ross could be the man who provides the missing link that brings some real talent to RFC we may never have had any opportunity to secure.
I suspect he will play an instrumental role in improving the squad and getting players that SG and team will be delighted to have.
The potential for cross-border low cost Joe Aribo types increases significantly with this appointment.

This is a man with a contacts book to die for and huge inside knowledge of lots of good young players.
Ross could be the man who provides the missing link that brings some real talent to RFC we may never have had any opportunity to secure.
I suspect he will play an instrumental role in improving the squad and getting players that SG and team will be delighted to have.
The potential for cross-border low cost Joe Aribo types increases significantly with this appointment.
Hope you are right the low cost cross border type transfers Joe Aribo will be sold for a hefty profit in a few years time we should be eyeing up these type of deals in particular the most viable way of snapping up some top footballers for a low cost

Last edited:
Hope you are right the low cost cross border type transfers Joe Aribo will be sound for a hefty profit in a few years time we should be eyeing up these type of deals in particular the most viable way of snapping up some top footballers for a low cost
He knows he’s on to a winner selling Rangers to good youngsters with Steven Gerrard in charge. That was not the case when he turned it down with Pedro at the helm
Can easily see two or three Aribo type deals a season if not in each window.
It is our effective way of properly competing against the manky mob. We got Aribo in front of them and Wilson will help us secure others.

I hope this is true but have to admit it’s based on second hand reports and the hype. Unlike players where you can see how good or otherwise they are. With DOF it’s difficult to assess what they’ve done in previous roles. We could name improvements made in MA’s time with us but very few, if any, could say what he did day to day, so what hope have we of assessing what he done at Southampton.

Southampton from the outside did seem a well run club, the talk of database of players with detailed stats for each player and their scouting networks does sound good so hopefully he’s given the budget to implement something similar up here.

I’m hoping that last because Gerrard was so supportive of this it means there’s a two year plan in the mix.

You wonder why an epl dof would come to us?
Be surprised if we can match wages and you'd think epl is way higher profile than spfl.
SG effect and/or something else?
Time will tell if this is a good appointment.
Don't know anything about this guy.
Welcome aboard sir.

Not impressed with this at all......there is no requirement for a DoF but Head of Recruitment then yes.

Back