Ross Wilson Rtv interview

Pretty clear in what his role will be.

I liked Allen but felt his interviews were rubbish, could last 20 minutes & I couldn’t repeat 10 seconds of them. Filled with guff. Don’t believe it to be the same with Wilson.

Certainly talks the talk and I'd be surprised if his priority isn't bodies out the door before any incomings.
Only time will tell if can walk the talk, too, though.
All the best, Ross.

As a serving soldier it was nice to hear him drop in a phrase well used in the SAS "the relentless pursuit of excellence" time will tell if he can deliver!

Pretty clear in what his role will be.

I liked Allen but felt his interviews were rubbish, could last 20 minutes & I couldn’t repeat 10 seconds of them. Filled with guff. Don’t believe it to be the same with Wilson.

Well said. MA's interviews were full of bullshit but you weren't allowed to criticise him unless you had a copy of his job remit.

I dont have a copy of Ross Wilson's but I dont need it to say that he speaks well, comes across as intelligent and seems like a great aquisition. I think he'll do very well for us.

Very impressive first interview it has to be said. He came across as very confident and highly motivated. Seems like a good fit for our club.

I suspect he is but one complete throbber said exactly that after Allen’s first interview.

Aye just poking a bit of fun at the type of mental shite you tend to read where the DoF is concerned.

He spoke very well, beyond that we don’t really have anything to go on. But if Gerrard liked him and the board liked him and saw fit to go back for him a second time, then I’m confident he’s the right man to take us forward.

Aye just poking a bit of fun at the type of mental shite you tend to read where the DoF is concerned.

He spoke very well, beyond that we don’t really have anything to go on. But if Gerrard liked him and the board liked him and saw fit to go back for him a second time, then I’m confident he’s the right man to take us forward.
Getting our first choice can only be seen to be a good thing. I quite like that he seems to know what his abilities are and was honest when he thought we weren’t quite at the point where he felt he could work with the club.

Certainly talks the talk and I'd be surprised if his priority isn't bodies out the door before any incomings.
Only time will tell if can walk the talk, too, though.
All the best, Ross.

I’d hope this will be a priority too, will he be responsible for getting the numbers down then in his role? Would be nice if we could start making money rather than loads of payoffs

Was very impressed with this. Obviously talk is cheap but if he passed the Gerrard sniff test then I'm happy to back him.

I especially liked that he covered a lot of what his role entails and how he wants to continue to improve on all areas within the club in terms of structure. No resting on our laurels anymore, no longer striving to simply just be better than the rest of Scottish football anymore and making strides to be elite in the areas we can attain that status. I've got high hopes.

Really good positive interview, thought he came across really well and it's great to hear that it's a concerted effort from all at the club pulling in the same direction to make us the best we possibly can be and won't rest till it's done and then be pushing on(relentlessly ;)) for the betterment of our great club!! Exciting times!!

Impressive first interview.

Speak wells, clearly very knowledgeable and experienced. Some great ideas and visions for the club in numerous areas; academy, training ground, Ibrox, ladies, first team, sports science, medical side etc.

Easy to understand, no bluster, no bullshit, will take time to implement all these changes but willing to work hard and loyal.

Seems like he's already got a good relationship with the likes of Gerrard, our board, Milsom, Mulholland, Scoulding.

Liked the part about his contacts, people he knows in the game South of the border and further afield. Experience in his Falkirk days allowed him to understand numerous areas of a football club. Then went to Watford, Huddersfield and Southampton so has plenty experience and understanding of how a football club operates - especially ones at English Premiership level.

Club continues to move forward.

He certainly was relentless in his use of it lol

I see a potential sponsorship deal on the horizon

101736_9.jpg

Very good interview, very enthusiastic and a good energy about him.

Hopefully he is a success

The general consensus is that this guy is a step up from Mark Allan who I thought did a decent job.

Time will tell, of course, but this guy is certainly well respected.

Noticed there was no real management speak. He spoke clearly and is a man with a simple plan, improve every department and once that is done, lets look how we can improve it again.

It's a pretty wide remit and he's a decent communicator altough he waffles a little and endulges in corporate speak.

He seems cut from the very cloth that The Board seem to favour.

I wish him only good things.

Finding a way of retaining young talent ( a la Billy Gilmour) is an almost impossible task though.

Thought he came across really well and looking forward to things growing and improving on all fronts.

Back