Ross Wilson Rtv

Regardless of where u look at our club, it seems at the moment we are absolutely smashing it - actually makes me burst with pride

We are back to being a proper football club , both on and off the park

Credit must go to everyone involved , the work we are doing now means that 55 will just be the beginning ...

Enjoyed that.

Wilson speaks well.

Great to hear the extensive back room staff we are building.

A league title really will be the icing on the cake.
With staff like him there you know success is going to come at some point it's just a matter of when

I'm still not convinced with this wee guy and I'll be happy to be proved wrong, still too many passengers attached to the Team and what we did off-load reaped us peanuts.
The Zungu affair is welcomed by many as a win win but that also remains to be seen and I think Wilson is being carried along on Gerrard's coat-tails.

I'm still not convinced with this wee guy and I'll be happy to be proved wrong, still too many passengers attached to the Team and what we did off-load reaped us peanuts.
The Zungu affair is welcomed by many as a win win but that also remains to be seen and I think Wilson is being carried along on Gerrard's coat-tails.
Jesus, where do you start with this?

So other than probably Stewart and Middleton what passengers are there? I'm not including Barker or Jones as they'll both get game time when needed.

What are we supposed to get for players that have either failed whilst on loan at other teams or want to leave for first team games?

Slating a player that you've presumably only seen on YouTube before he's even played 1 game for us, that's just moaning for the sake of it!

Wilson seemed to be doing not too bad for himself before he allegedly started hanging onto Gerrard's coat-tails.

P.S. the guy has only been here for a year, so only 2 transfer windows, look at the players brought in and crap shipped out in that time. Me personally, I'd say he's done not too bad considering where we were!

Either trolling or absolutely clueless, I’ll go the latter.

Early on a Saturday to be this melted

What passengers are still here pal

You must be a lot of fun on a night out

Jesus Christ

Good idea to use a hashtag if you are intending that as sarcasm. Nuance doesn't carry so well just over text. :D

What passengers are still here pal

Firth, Barker/Jones, Middleton, Stewart.
There are young lads punted out on loan also who probably with the exception of Robbie McCrorie will never be considered 1st team players.

Like I said I'll be happy if Ross Wilson proves me wrong, I feel the biggest draw we have at present in attracting players to Ibrox is Steven Gerrard, as for Zungu, I'm not writing the guy off "after watching a YouTube clip", on the contrary I'm excited to see him play, my doubt is over how this loan with chance to buy has come about, a player with 7 months of a contract who signed an extension to his contract so his parent club would get a transfer fee seems strange at best.

I know it's almost treasonous to impart a different opinion on here but that's what it is, my opinion.

Drug free, not melted in the least ;-)

This wee guy? brilliant turn of phrase mate

There are young lads punted out on loan also who probably with the exception of Robbie McCrorie will never be considered 1st team players.

Like I said I'll be happy if Ross Wilson proves me wrong, I feel the biggest draw we have at present in attracting players to Ibrox is Steven Gerrard, as for Zungu, I'm not writing the guy off "after watching a YouTube clip", on the contrary I'm excited to see him play, my doubt is over how this loan with chance to buy has come about, a player with 7 months of a contract who signed an extension to his contract so his parent club would get a transfer fee seems strange at best.

I know it's almost treasonous to impart a different opinion on here but that's what it is, my opinion.

The only one of those players that can be considered a passenger is Stewart the others are youth players or have featured and will feature more this season the Zungu deal is a win win for us if he's shite then we send him back to Amiens having not paid a fee if he's a good fit for us we pay the agreed fee what's not to like about that ?

5 players. WOW. Firth, 3rd choice keeper. Necessary. Barker and Jones, getting game time. That leaves 2.
Non of these players cost us a penny.
How would you fancy supporting THEM, spunking millions on duds, who never play.
Get realistic.

I've just watched the full interview on RTV. Ross Wilson comes across very well and it appears every detail is meticulously examined before anything is actioned. We certainly seem to have an extremely professional set-up. We're on the right track methinks.
A massive thing will be ensuring continuity, probably Wilson's biggest task.

I think at the minute we are perhaps the most stable we’ve been at off the park in my 40 years.

Have some great people in the background of the club

Firth is 3rd choice keeper and most likely on a relatively low wage, he's still there as Robby McCrorie is away getting games on loan to get him ready.
As much as you may not like it, Barker and Jones are seen as useful parts of the squad and will get game time, at least up til January.
Middleton and Stewart: I agree, they should have gone during the window but I severely doubt their combined wages would have got us a first team starter if they did go.

The young players punted out on loan is to see how they cope playing first team football. Most of our current first team went on loan at least once before we got them, it's what normally happens in football!

Of course Gerrard is the main draw, personnel wise, in attracting players to the club, when has a director of football ever been the draw?

As I said in my last post, suggesting he's here to ride on Gerrard's coat-tails is frankly, a load of shite. The guy has worked his way up and finally made his way to us.
He's in his first full season with us and currently the team that he has helped to put together is doing pretty damn well!

Obviously having an opinion is fine, having one that is completely baseless is just mental!

Strange post from a bear considering we are doing so well.

Man alive... some of our “supporters” are utterly tuned to the moon.

Get a grip mate, the players you listed will be on absolute peanuts and none of them have featured this season bar Jones, who was a free transfer bosman.

We're unbeaten in 17 games this season, with 14 clean sheets, and the new recruitments have played their part in that, and you are complaining still. Unbelievable.

An absolutely outstanding interview for this guy. Such an upgrade on what was he before and feels like he’s all over everything in the club to improve it. So happy we got him and so proud of my club right now.

this is just funny from a “bear” . What a clown. The wee guys career was going along very well before he came to us. Just laugh and enjoy your Saturday. WATP

Reactions: fmp
Jesus, where do you start with this?

So other than probably Stewart and Middleton what passengers are there? I'm not including Barker or Jones as they'll both get game time when needed.

What are we supposed to get for players that have either failed whilst on loan at other teams or want to leave for first team games?

Slating a player that you've presumably only seen on YouTube before he's even played 1 game for us, that's just moaning for the sake of it!

Wilson seemed to be doing not too bad for himself before he allegedly started hanging onto Gerrard's coat-tails.

P.S. the guy has only been here for a year, so only 2 transfer windows, look at the players brought in and crap shipped out in that time. Me personally, I'd say he's done not too bad considering where we were!

Most of us have got your back Ross

This might be the worst opinion I've ever read in the Bear Pit

Now you are just trolling. What utter bollocks.

Barker is clearly not a passenger in the managers eye

Put the bottle down

Really good interview and it's nice to see us doing the work quietly behind the scenes. We've got a proper back room team now

Out of interest, how often would you say you are completely wrong about everything?

Since we appointed Gerrard the vlub seens to have moved forward rapidly on all fronts. We now seem to be a highly professional team from top to bottom.

And I believe Gerrard has driven these new standards and been supported superbly by the board.

Silverware will come, but I have so much pride in Rangers as a whole right now.

Interesting interview again from Ross. Really like the sounds of things going on behind the scenes, which was sadly lacking for so many years. Just need the silverware to match the ambition which I honestly believe is on the way.

Reactions: fmp
Back