Ross Wilson - The Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read it earlier, really good article.

I was buzzing when we were first linked with him and actually ended up quite underwhelmed when we got Allen.

Seen a programme a few years back on the Southampton set up where they had scouted 3 players for every position in the team so that if someone left, the target had allready been identified and watched for months with backround checks etc etc. Very impressive

Can people stop posting links to articles that are behind paywalls.

You end up having a select few who can only discuss the OP whilst it's been brought to everyones attention.

If you post the link behind the paywall please post the entire story.

if people start copying and pasting articles how long before said places no longer operate
Don't post links to the articles then, it was the same with the Ryan Jack story in The Athletic.

You end up with people on a public forum about Rangers having a conversation that only subscribers to The Athletic can discuss therefore alienating a lot of posters on this board.

And I doubt very much that The Athletic will no longer operate due to C&P on FF

Don't post links to the articles then, it was the same with the Ryan Jack story in The Athletic.

You end up with people on a public forum about Rangers having a conversation that only subscribers to The Athletic can discuss therefore alienating a lot of posters on this board.

No but they will take legal action, so all posts with the article copied into it get removed by admin.

No but they will take legal action, so all posts with the article copied into it get removed by admin.
Ok, so that reinforces my point about not posting the link on here.

I'm sure all the subscribers to the story are aware of it and there is a comments section also for discussion.

Ok, so that reinforces my point about not posting the link on here.

I'm sure all the subscribers to the story are aware of it and there is a comments section also for discussion.

Stop being so precious. It's clear in the thread titles it's from The Athletic. No need to enter the thread if it's something you can't read

Stop being so precious. It's clear in the thread titles it's from The Athletic. No need to enter the thread if it's something you can't read
Not every article they post is behind a paywall.

Pointless posting it on here if most aren't subscribers and if anyone then C&P for others to read it puts the site in danger of legal action.

Not every article they post is behind a paywall.

Pointless posting it on here if most aren't subscribers and if anyone then C&P for others to read it puts the site in danger of legal action.
Sign up if you want to join in. I’m not signed up and couldn’t give a rats arse its posted here.

Why do you care? Just let people discuss it
It's meant to be a forum for all Rangers fans where we can discuss all Rangers related stories / articles with each other.

We now have posts relating to stories that are behind a paywall, not everyone can get involved.

I don't like the idea that some paywalled platforms can be promoted here and some can't but it's none of my business, really. (I mainly don't like it as a FF where 'everyone can' would be terrible).

i subscribed other week and only paid 1 canadian dollar around 60 pence and I have it for 6 months before I need to pay the full amount.

** 3 months it is sorry. when that runs out I'll sign her up and get it for another 3 months

Last edited:
Because the articles are actually well written and well balanced rather than the usual shite we get from Scottish media?
You're right, I agree and I think Jordan is great at what he does, even though he bailed half way through Tactics Talk on the pod :)

You end up having a select few who can only discuss the OP whilst it's been brought to everyones attention.

To be fair mate I dont pay for it but absolutely nothing against people posting it. If everyone pasted the entire story then the content wouldnt be the same and that's why your left with the Sun/Daily Record. I also dont believe that people that do pay for it should have to paste it, why should they pay on behalf of FF?

i posted a story here from the athletic and admin deleted it as people were moaning that I posted it
That's poor in my opinion. The journo on question deserves his article to be spoken about, whether or not people have access to it. He is a good journo and speaks well of Rangers(he is a fan I'm sure)

To be fair mate I dont pay for it but absolutely nothing against people posting it. If everyone pasted the entire story then the content wouldnt be the same and that's why your left with the Sun/Daily Record. I also dont believe that people that do pay for it should have to paste it, why should they pay on behalf of FF?
It kind of defeats the purpose of the forum if we can't all discuss it, it's almost like it's exclusive to Athletic subscribers only.

Like the Secret Lounge :))

That's poor in my opinion. The journo on question deserves his article to be spoken about, whether or not people have access to it. He is a good journo and speaks well of Rangers(he is a fan I'm sure)
I agree his work is brilliant. the fact is it's getting posted on a forum where majority of the members cant reply as they can't read it

It's meant to be a forum for all Rangers fans where we can discuss all Rangers related stories / articles with each other.

We now have posts relating to stories that are behind a paywall, not everyone can get involved.

And you're free to discuss it mate.

Do you get equally angry when you can discuss a film that's in the cinema because no one's posted a pirate copy on Follow Follow?

And you're free to discuss it mate.

Do you get equally angry when you can discuss a film that's in the cinema because no one's posted a pirate copy on Follow Follow?
I'm not angry mate, far from it.

I don't come on to a Rangers forum to discuss films I haven't seen.

how about no.

The Athletic is the one decent source of journalism in a sea of utter shite in this country support it and subscribe. There will be no cut and pasting of their articles on here. Leave that for the shit that the tabloids pass off as journalism.

If we want quality Rangers content that is free of the bile, hatred, and bs of the Scottish media, then it might be necessary to pay for it. If we just continually copy and paste the content then that content will go away eventually.

Don’t disagree about not being able to post the content here. It is hilarious to see what FF collectively decides to get moral about when it suits though.

Get them to do a couple of negative pieces then I’m sure it’ll be fine to copy and paste.

Is this a forum rule? If not, then I wouldn't act all authoritative.

How can you be "buzzing" at being linked with a director of football :D
Pretty simple. Instead of getting buzzing at individual signings, you can get excited about a guy that can potentially scout some great individual signings. It's a bit like when your buzzing about getting Stevie G being our manager, which can be compared to the opposite buzz you might get from the prospect of being linked with Craig Levein.

Pretty simple. Instead of getting buzzing at individual signings, you can get excited about a guy that can potentially scout some great individual signings. It's a bit like when your buzzing about getting Stevie G being our manager, which can be compared to the opposite buzz you might get from the prospect of being linked with Craig Levein.
Stevie G is a bit different to some guy the vast majority of folk would never have heard of mate, "buzzing" pffffft:D:p

Stevie G is a bit different to some guy the vast majority of folk would never have heard of mate, "buzzing" pffffft:D:p
One might look at his CV and background and be excited about him using that experience to modernise Rangers

Maybe a good halfway point between those participating in The Athletic wankathon and everyone demanding paywall content for free would be for OPs to bullet point the main issues discussed in the article. That way subscribers can read the full fluffy article and the rest of us can still debate the topic in a positive way.

Don’t disagree about not being able to post the content here. It is hilarious to see what FF collectively decides to get moral about when it suits though.

Get them to do a couple of negative pieces then I’m sure it’ll be fine to copy and paste.

Time and again I have to remind people not to try and bolster their arguments by making meaningless assertions about what other people collection may think. Most times they don't hold the views ascribed to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back