Rossiter comes alive with an eye on Ibrox

Back up for Jack in the boiler room role, replacing Coullibaly - no-brainier for me

Feel the same way with Dorrans, guys 32 now and getting on a bit, would rather see Docherty, McCrorie, Rossiter etc start to try and get a place in the team ahead of him if he does begin to start games from the squad rotation.

I really hope he can make the breakthrough here because I think he a great player and he seems to have a great attitude as well. He hasn't let all of his injury troubles break him and that takes a strong mental character to do that but also to be successful at top clubs you need that mental toughness as well and he has that in abundance.

I think he is a better passer of the ball than Jack but Jack just seems to get everywhere just now and breaks up play well. I do think Rossiter is technically a better player. I think if it hadn't been for a knock Rossiter took in Pre-Season he would probably have started instead of Jack at the beginning of the season.

Hopefully a decent loan spell will mean we get a fee for him.

Was fit for ages before he left and Gerrard barely considered him, think that tells all.

I'm desperate for the lad to come back to Rangers and cement himself in the first team. Fantastic talent. Proper footballer.
No disrespect but how do you know this? He’s showed very little in his few appearances for us so what do you base your analysis on?

Really want this kid to get a fair crack of the whip and see if he can now push on in the Rangers team. I have no doubts he has the qualities needed and I honestly think with Gerrard being his mentor and the likes of Beale in the coaching staff it could be the perfect environment for him to flourish and reach the heights he was touted for when he first appeared on the scene.

No matter what happens this is a massive summer for the lad. He is going into pre season after a few months of injury free football so if he can have a good pre season I'm sure he will get every chance to show us what he is capable of.

We are all rooting for you Jordan, go and make yourself a hero infront of 50k of your loyal fans next season kid.

Was fit for ages before he left and Gerrard barely considered him, think that tells all.
I thought it meant that Gerrard was unsure, due to the lack of games and previous reoccurring injuries, so sent him out to get games under his belt to see if he can go longer than 3 games without breaking down again. Jordan has shown that, in a less technical league but physically challenging.

Good article and it'll be interesting to see how both Jordan and Doc perform at the pre season training camp and friendlies.

There's no doubt both have definitely benefited from their loan stints and are young enough to progress further.

Whether or not that will be enough to cement a place in our squad, nobody really knows for sure until we see them play.

Both have great attitudes and will give it their best shots.

No disrespect but how do you know this? He’s showed very little in his few appearances for us so what do you base your analysis on?

I’ve always said this, and like you no disrespect to the poster or JR - but the boy hasn’t played anywhere near enough top level first team football for anyone to really know how good he is, or to say he’s a ‘proper player’ or anything like that.

I always said step one was play 10-20 games regularly in a season without an injury. That’s now been achieved, step it up and play a part in 30-40 next year and see if he’s good enough for a new contract.

I know he's not played many games for us but in my opinion, when he has played he's looked a quality player and certainly worthy of a place in the squad.
It's great that he's played a number of games for Bury and seems to be over the injury issues.

I thought it meant that Gerrard was unsure, due to the lack of games and previous reoccurring injuries, so sent him out to get games under his belt to see if he can go longer than 3 games without breaking down again. Jordan has shown that, in a less technical league but physically challenging.

It could be a bit of both.

He needs to be able to play a bit, that’s probably something that I’m keen to see if he has in his locker or not.

Reactions: TQ3
I feel I know a player when I see one mate. In the short and interrupted stint so far at Rangers he has given me glimpses of what kind of player he is - and i like what i see. And in the last game at Hivs last season he showed what he is capable of until he got done by that c.unt Scott Allan.

His touch, control, composure and passing are great - as is his timing of tackles. He links things very well and moves the ball quickly which I like. Playing with his head up - a la Kamara - is also a fantastic attribute.

I've also monitored his progress at Bury and seen him on tv a few times whilst there.. He is a player. I am excited to see what he can do when he comes back. I think he will breeze through pre-season. The lad's fitness levels are superb.

I've said it before - deep down, if there is one player SG wants to succeed at Rangers, it's Jordan Rossiter.

Last edited:

I don't think that's the case mate.

I think it was more the fact that Jordan had barely played for 2 years, due to his uneven growth problem and both Gerrard and Jordan agreed he needed regular football to get his game back up to the level required to be a regular starter at Rangers.

The loan has definitely been a success.

We'll find out how much of a success pre season.

I feel I know a player when I see one mate. In the short and interrupted stint so far at Rangers he has given me glimpses of what kind of player he is - and i like what i see. And in the last game at Hivs last season he showed what he is capable of until he got done by that c.unt Scott Allan.

His touch, control, composure and passing are great - as is his timing of tackles. He links things very well and moves the ball quickly which I like. Playing with his head up - a la Kamara - is also a fantastic attribute.

I've also monitored his progress at Bury and seen him on tv a few times whilst there.. He is a player. I am excited to see what he can do when he comes back. I think he will breeze through pre-season. The lad's fitness levels are superb.
I would love to see the lad do well for us next season and prove his fitness and ability.

If there’s one player who I want to see lifting a medal at Ibrox is Jordan Rossiter. Boys had a rough time and I rate him

The ones shouting on threads arguing why we think he is a player are the same ones saying , get rid wage thief etc , tbh at times feel some would rather be proven correct with their opinion than see someone be a success . Plays with head up , strong in the challenge , good passer . And tucks his tap in :D

Back