Rossiter Fitness Levels

Nearly 3 years with practically nothing to show for it, yet Grezda has been torn down and written off after 6 months by a fair few. Why is that exactly?

For a support with whom many are so impatient and irrational, Rossiter seems to have gotten some special treatment.

All the OP was on about was Rissiters's level of fitness, nothing else mate.

Grezda certainly deserves time to get fully over a serious injury before being judged, no question.

However Rossiter and Worrall's performances in a fairly testing interval session was a level above the rest of the squad and deserve praise.

Footballers are notoriously lacking in endurance compared to a lot of other sportsmen, but Rossiter and Worrall, then to a lesser extent Jack, McCrorie, Coulibaly, Wallace and Katic all put great shifts in.

Credit where credit's due.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very likeable guy but deep down we all know he isn’t going to make it with us. I would be surprised if he actually makes a career in football, one injury after the other.

He hasn't been injured since October mate and has been over his long term problem for close on a year.

This needs to be it now for Rossiter, time to step up.

But people go on like he’s 25. He’s 21 still.

I’d like to see a loan also.

Somewhere we trust, obviously, with a real set up, but I want to see him get 10-15 games on the trot.

Imagine an all firing Rossiter come June? :-0

He’s a great lad. Love to see him next to McCrorie at some point again soon. The tenacity and energy is first class.
Dundee would be my first choice till the summer perhaps

This Board is full of roasters claiming to be Rangers fans, although a number (there is a wee clique of them who spend all day liking each others posts) have a soft spot for some players and blatant dislike of others.

Real fans adopt a consistent approach for all players that pull on the blue jersey. Not pick and chose their favourites.

Just logged in to reply to this. Great post and one i completely agree with.

It is full of wankers and that is not the mentally challenged infestitation or the editorial staff that pollute the site. There is a clique of wanks on here everyday all day. I wonder how many of them actually go to games.

They pontificate on here like they are some sort of oracle of football. Does my tits in. Because they are CLUELESS CVNTS

Completely agree also in the highlighted text. The wankers on here who single out certain players is a disgrace. Admin dont do anywhere near enough to stop that.

I barely log in here, as i would just get banned for calling these pricks out like the old board, I really do despise some of them, because they act like the mentally challengeds they espouse to hate.

NOTHING positive ever comes out of there mouth.

I also reckon if some these wankers were actually in boozers etc and spoke they way they do on here. They would get a slap or a jaw rattled.

The kid is certainly looking to be on the right path in terms of staying fit. Seen a few training videos of him on RTV from Tenerife and he is doing a good bit of running. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the boy ad I do believe he can still become a good player for the club. He has had a good upbringing in the game with Liverpool he has a lot of natural a unity and great potential, lets hope he can now start to build up the appearances now and kick on, if anybody is well placed to decide on his future with us then it's Gerrard who has k own him since he was a young kid.

What Rossiter needs is to be playing every week which I don’t see happening with us just now. Would like to see him go out on loan and impress

Just logged in to reply to this. Great post and one i completely agree with.

It is full of wankers and that is not the mentally challenged infestitation or the editorial staff that pollute the site. There is a clique of wanks on here everyday all day. I wonder how many of them actually go to games.

They pontificate on here like they are some sort of oracle of football. Does my tits in. Because they are CLUELESS CVNTS

Completely agree also in the highlighted text. The wankers on here who single out certain players is a disgrace. Admin dont do anywhere near enough to stop that.

I barely log in here, as i would just get banned for calling these pricks out like the old board, I really do despise some of them, because they act like the mentally challengeds they espouse to hate.

NOTHING positive ever comes out of there mouth.

I also reckon if some these wankers were actually in boozers etc and spoke they way they do on here. They would get a slap or a jaw rattled.
Stop holding back and tell us what you really think FFS :D

This needs to be it now for Rossiter, time to step up.

But people go on like he’s 25. He’s 21 still.

The thing with Rossiter is that even when completely fit and injury free we’ve yet to discover whether he’ll actually be any better than what we already have.

Sure he was a standout as a kid, but so were plenty of players that never really made the step up.

It could be that all we’ll eventually get from him is a decent midfielder who can come in and do a job.

The problem is though that expectations have built up to such a degree that if he ain’t the new Stevie G, he’ll quite probably get crucified.

I think a spell out on loan would be best all round here. He needs a run of 10-12 games to get his match fitness up, he’s not going to get that here. If he could get the opportunity to do that somewhere we would be much better placed to see if his body is up to the strain of playing week in week out.
Eminently sensible. Perhaps to Dundee in a loan swap for Kamara. I would be tempted to let Dorrans go on loan too.

I think that’s exactly what’s happening.

Gerrard is taking the same approach with Rossiter as he is with Katic and McCrorie. Seems Gerrard is of the opinion that players of their age should come in for a game or two then drop out again, focus on recovery and take time to work on any aspects of the game you struggled with.

Takes the pressure right off the young players and prevents burn out.
That's far too sensible a post for here, shame on you.

If he is fit and ready to play then I'd expected him to play against Cowdenbeath. If he doesn't feature, even on the bench I'd think he may not have a future with us

If he has been fit since October then I only see two scenarios here.

1. He is being given time to build up strength and fitness before getting regular game time.

Or

2. His level of ability is reflected by the current pecking order, and players such as McCrorie, Jack, Arfield, Coulibaly etc. are simply better.

Time will tell I suppose.

A fit Rossiter wouldn’t be a regular for us anyway. He’s got Ryan Sinnamon syndrome in that the more time he spends off the pitch the better he becomes. Overall he’s just been an expensive mistake, which in fairness isn’t his fault.

I would see if we could loan him to Dundee as part of a deal getting Kamara early. If he can get a run of games there then hopefully he could do something next season . Its unlikely but that's probably his best option. Feel sorry for the lad

A fit Rossiter wouldn’t be a regular for us anyway. He’s got Ryan Sinnamon syndrome in that the more time he spends off the pitch the better he becomes. Overall he’s just been an expensive mistake, which in fairness isn’t his fault.

The thing is not one person on here knows how good Rossiter actually is.

He's barely kicked a ball in 3 years so no one can really say for sure either way.

I just don't see him playing regularly now given how stacked we are with midfielders now.

What an ignorant and ill informed post.

Why is he made of tissue paper?

He’s made 11 league appearances in 4.5 years, all but 3/4 as a sub, and some for literally a few minutes. He’s also missed an enormous amount of training time in that 4.5, how can a player develop when he’s not getting any mat time?

The Rangers business model is currently run the club at large loss and rely on the charity of a few great men aka convert debt to equity - and we’ve just taken on two more high salary players and im not aware of anyone coming off the wage bill.

I want JR to do well but we’re not a benevolent fund, given the resources we have and the data on JRoverthe last 4.5 years, the cost benefit doesn’t merit the risk. Btw do u work in the civil service?

Would be good to hear the player and managers view on where he is in terms of first team appearances, I was really impressed with him in the short glimpses we've seen him.

If there's a player I really want to see succeed and become a regular and successful player in the Rangers first team, it's Jordan Rossiter. Even in the glimpses here and there that we have seen, it is clear that there is a really superb football talent there. He's a natural.

Fuckin pathetic attitude from a so called Rangers fan
Now now, no need to get so angry. The guy has barely kicked a ball for us. I wish him well cause he seems like a good lad but i personaly dont think he will make as a Rangers player. That may not fit in well with your over staunch persona but i think its very close to the truth

All the OP was on about was Rissiters's level of fitness, nothing else mate.

Grezda certainly deserves time to get fully over a serious injury before being judged, no question.

However Rossiter and Worrall's performances in a fairly testing interval session was a level above the rest of the squad and deserve praise.

Footballers are notoriously lacking in endurance compared to a lot of other sportsmen, but Rossiter and Worrall, then to a lesser extent Jack, McCrorie, Coulibaly, Wallace and Katic all put great shifts in.

Credit where credit's due.
Do u really believe they are notoriously lower than other athletes? I always thought they would be near the top

He’s made 11 league appearances in 4.5 years, all but 3/4 as a sub, and some for literally a few minutes. He’s also missed an enormous amount of training time in that 4.5, how can a player develop when he’s not getting any mat time?

The Rangers business model is currently run the club at large loss and rely on the charity of a few great men aka convert debt to equity - and we’ve just taken on two more high salary players and im not aware of anyone coming off the wage bill.

I want JR to do well but we’re not a benevolent fund, given the resources we have and the data on JRoverthe last 4.5 years, the cost benefit doesn’t merit the risk. Btw do u work in the civil service?

He's only 21, younger than Docherty, ages with Hardie.

He had an injury that was related to his body growing, which is more common than you're maybe aware of in young athletes.

He's been fully over that injury since March last year and was fit and available, but Murty saw fit not to use him until Easter Rd at the end of the season.

He came back flying in the pre season camp ,but had a recurrence of the ankle injury he received from a horrific tackle from Scott Allan at Easter Rd.
This was totally unrelated to his previous long term problem.

He has now been fully fit since the start of October, but has been unable to force his way into the team.
That probably wouldn't be uncommon for a 21 year old that's trying to play catch up after missing an extended period through injury.

Now I'm not saying he's going to make it with us, but he's certainly not made of "tissue paoer".

He had a growth injury and then was on the receiving end of a terrible tackle that has been widely criticised on here.

Surely the lad deserves a chance to compete for a place and show what he can do after what he's been through?

He came with great potential, so let's at least give him a chance to fulfil it.

Do u really believe they are notoriously lower than other athletes? I always thought they would be near the top

Nowhere near the top mate.
Their VO 2 max and anaerobic threshold is way lower than middle to long distance runners, triathletes, cross country skiers, cyclists amongst others.

He's only 21, younger than Docherty, ages with Hardie.

He had an injury that was related to his body growing, which is more common than you're maybe aware of in young athletes.

He's been fully over that injury since March last year and was fit and available, but Murty saw fit not to use him until Easter Rd at the end of the season.

He came back flying in the pre season camp ,but had a recurrence of the ankle injury he received from a horrific tackle from Scott Allan at Easter Rd.
This was totally unrelated to his previous long term problem.

He has now been fully fit since the start of October, but has been unable to force his way into the team.
That probably wouldn't be uncommon for a 21 year old that's trying to play catch up after missing an extended period through injury.

Now I'm not saying he's going to make it with us, but he's certainly not made of "tissue paoer".

He had a growth injury and then was on the receiving end of a terrible tackle that has been widely criticised on here.

Surely the lad deserves a chance to compete for a place and show what he can do after what he's been through?

He came with great potential, so let's at least give him a chance to fulfil it.
Spot on mate.

Was there at Fester Road that day and Allan's thuggery on Rossiter was absolutely disgusting.

Can't believe the number of people pretty much writing him off already. As you point out, he's still only 21.

Whatever he does, wherever he ends up - I desperately want it to be with us - I predict that the lad will be a sensation when he plays on a regular basis. He's a natural, cultured footballer who has all the tools in his locker. I'm still very excited about him turning out that blue jersey every week. I'm certainly not giving up on him - that would be utter madness.

Last edited:
Nowhere near the top mate.
Their VO 2 max and anaerobic threshold is way lower than middle to long distance runners, triathletes, cross country skiers, cyclists amongst others.
Never knew that. However despite me saying athletes in my reply, the word u used is sportsmen. Is it fair to compare athletics with sport? I guess it depends how broadly the terms are used I guess. I’m having a similar discussion in the lounge about Andy Murray retirement and how he is regarded with Scottish ‘sportsmen’. I said I hold him in the same regard of Scottish sporting greats as Stephen hendry and Colin McRae. Technically rally is motorsport and and some said snooker is pub game, but sport in general.

Whatever Steven Gerrard decides for Jordan Rossiter is what will happen.
The boss is seeing him on a daily basis.
At the beginning of the season he was certainly saying that he was one of the best players at the club.
However the injury problems persisted and there were veiled comments that perhaps the youngster needed to work a bit differently.
Jordan will either be gone on a free at the end of the season or could end up a £20 million footballer.
The fact Steven Gerrard and Gary McAllister have persevered so much tells me they really do believe there is a chance this boy will get fully fit and play a crucial part in the recovery of Rangers.

Whatever Steven Gerrard decides for Jordan Rossiter is what will happen.
The boss is seeing him on a daily basis.
At the beginning of the season he was certainly saying that he was one of the best players at the club.
However the injury problems persisted and there were veiled comments that perhaps the youngster needed to work a bit differently.
Jordan will either be gone on a free at the end of the season or could end up a £20 million footballer.
The fact Steven Gerrard and Gary McAllister have persevered so much tells me they really do believe there is a chance this boy will get fully fit and play a crucial part in the recovery of Rangers.
I am convinced SG sees a player there - and I believe he will be extra patient with him, because he feels it will be worth it. At 21 there won't be any writing off of the boy from SG.

If we are going by the videos then Halliday looks like the end is nigh and Katic wanting his tan topped up

Back