Rossiter Fitness Levels

I think we're just being extremely careful with him at the moment, to avoid a recurrence of his problems.

Your talking too much sense.
A difficult one because we're now at a crucial stage in the season, risky to play him as he's got to fit in and who gets dropped, but he needs games to prove he can hack it here.
I think he would be better in less physical League on the continent to make the most of his career.

Personally, I don’t think we have enough quality cover to allow to go on loan.
After Arfield, Jack and McCrorie, you’re bringing in Coulibaly or Halliday for now.

Steve Davis..... ffs mate :D Dorrans is due back in about a month and by all accounts we are trying to sign Kamara this month as well. We have plenty of options for the middle of the park.

If ever it was in our interest to loan out one of our own players it is now with Rossiter.

Steve Davis..... ffs mate :D Dorrans is due back in about a month and by all accounts we are trying to sign Kamara this month as well. We have plenty of options for the middle of the park.
Of course Davis but, do you trust Dorrans’ fitness?
Kamara has yet to prove himself at Rangers and cannot be a better option than Rossiter until he does.

I'm sure we'd all love him to come good & be poty asap
But realistically speaking - there are no signs that this is even remotely feasible right now

With all the best goodwill in the world he needs a minimum of a full 90 minutes for at least 6-10 games on the trot - without any reaction or issues - before we could in anyway rely on him - otherwise we're just keeping others out the team with all the disruption to our shape, organisation and continuity that a settled side brings

It's often said football has no place for sentiment- well much as it might pain me to say it - this applies to JR

We can't afford to give him the run of games he needs to become consistent - he needs to go out on loan - or regrettably moved on permanently

If he's been fit since October like it's been quoted and he hasn't featured in the SPL then I'd imagine this Cup game would be an ideal chance to get some game time.

I get that mate, but Gerrard may want to use the game to ensure his first choice 11 get some match practice before we start a difficult section of league games.

I'm sure we'd all love him to come good & be poty asap
But realistically speaking - there are no signs that this is even remotely feasible right now

With all the best goodwill in the world he needs a minimum of a full 90 minutes for at least 6-10 games on the trot - without any reaction or issues - before we could in anyway rely on him - otherwise we're just keeping others out the team with all the disruption to our shape, organisation and continuity that a settled side brings

It's often said football has no place for sentiment- well much as it might pain me to say it - this applies to JR

We can't afford to give him the run of games he needs to become consistent - he needs to go out on loan - or regrettably moved on permanently

Yep, agree with all of that. If he was going to kick on and become a mainstay of our midfield, the last few months would have been the time to bed him in. Too much riding on the second half of the season now to consider starting him imo. He's also up against an established midfield 3 from OF game that were pretty much faultless, plus David and possibly Kamara as well.

It's sad because I'm still a believer that Rossiter has potential to be one of the best midfielders in the league if he could find fitness and form but simply don't see where the games for him are coming from. Loan him out til summer, review again then and see how things are looking.

If he has been fit since October then I only see two scenarios here.

1. He is being given time to build up strength and fitness before getting regular game time.

Or

2. His level of ability is reflected by the current pecking order, and players such as McCrorie, Jack, Arfield, Coulibaly etc. are simply better.

Time will tell I suppose.
Gerrard said a while back he was going to ease rossitter in and build him up very, very slowly given he has barely kicked a ball in a few years. If I remember correctly he also said it would incredibly frustrating for the player but he was still young and the thought process has to be a long term one. Unless Gerrard's opinion on him has drastically changed them I'm going for option 1.

I think Rossiter has looked decent every time he’s played, moves the ball around well and gets in peoples faces. Obviously he needs to stay injury free and get a run of games but he’s a far better option than Coulibally who’s been dreadful for months.

Gerrard said a while back he was going to ease rossitter in and build him up very, very slowly given he has barely kicked a ball in a few years. If I remember correctly he also said it would incredibly frustrating for the player but he was still young and the thought process has to be a long term one. Unless Gerrard's opinion on him has drastically changed them I'm going for option 1.

Well if gerrard said that then it pretty much solves the mystery.

Someone said I this thread "no-one on here knows if he's a good player or not". Well I do. He's a really good player.

I really feel sorry for him, he’s as talented a lad as anyone we have but I worry that the Scottish game with all the hammer throwers in it may be too dirty for him

I hope he gets game time in the second half of the season but no one will want to lose there place in the team so he might struggle for a start

I really feel sorry for him, he’s as talented a lad as anyone we have but I worry that the Scottish game with all the hammer throwers in it may be too dirty for him

I hope he gets game time in the second half of the season but no one will want to lose there place in the team so he might struggle for a start

He can look after himself no problem.

Physicality won't be an issue.@Lainey Love.

Maybe we are just going slow, slow slow with him as important to give the kid and his body a period of stability. Get through this season, then a tough pre season and I'm hoping he's raring to go .When is his contract up?

End of next season mate.

Can't see a loan deal happening here he's been injured far too long. Plus you don't try to nurture someone back from a long injury by loaning them out. Surely we'd much rather manage that ourselves. My gut says he's going nowhere until his contract ends and we let him go.

I wish your time on here was over.

Kindest Regards To You.

The Underfaker

Parts Unknown.
Bit harsh. Reasonable point with unreasonable criticism from you. Often injured prior to being signed; nothing surprising in that continuing. We have moved on as a club.

Not The player’s fault - just the hard reality of progression.

Not sure what people don't get about Rossiters situation. He is still a young lad who has had an absolutely horrendous time with injury which could well have finished his career entirely. As a club we are very carefully managing his recovery and building his body back up to cope with the rigours of playing professional football.

I get why people are saying send him out in loan but another club are not going to look after him in the same manner.

Expecting him to burst into the team, cement an automatic starting berth is unrealistic.

For me Gerrard and the medical staff are looking at keeping him injury free for the whole season, giving him minutes here and there with a view to integrating as a full member of the squad or loaning him out next year.

Rossiter being just behind Docherty in fitness takes some doing as Docherty was a 400m runner before he turned to football.

I remember folk having him down as a starter and captain after one game against Hibs.

We’re not a charity - like it or not, Rossiter has contributed hee-haw to Rangers with his injuries then his little game time when fit.

We have no space for expensive luxuries and I’m sure if he’d been signed from a Dundee or Kilmarnock, instead of someone flashy like Liverpool, most people would want him hunted by now.

Rossiter has been fully fit for 4 months
Gerrard said in an interview after he came back that he needs to show he deserves a shirt but for now others are ahead of him.

Its up to Rossiter to show in training and when he gets a game to show he deserves to be at rangers or he will be off
It probably save about 10k a week

Nearly 3 years with practically nothing to show for it, yet Grezda has been torn down and written off after 6 months by a fair few. Why is that exactly?

For a support with whom many are so impatient and irrational, Rossiter seems to have gotten some special treatment.

For me it’s because Rossiter looked a player from the second he kicked a ball for us but Grezda looked the opposite.

Can't see a loan deal happening here he's been injured far too long. Plus you don't try to nurture someone back from a long injury by loaning them out. Surely we'd much rather manage that ourselves. My gut says he's going nowhere until his contract ends and we let him go.
If you take this view then you’re condemning us to paying his wages with little in return. I don’t see the problem with loaning him out now which may see him do well. If he does he’ll come back with essential experience and confidence to push on for the last year of his contract.

He’s going to find it difficult to break into the midfield with Davis, Arfield, mccrorie, Jack and Kamara ahead of him. A loan may be the only way for him to progress standard we require.

Think it’s a good time to loan out rossiter for the remainder of the season. At this moment of time i don’t see him as a long term option for us. Give him a chance on loan to prove us all wrong

I have never wanted a young player to succeed as much as I have for young Rossiter. He has plenty of talent and I wish he could show us for a prolonged period so we can see what he can actually do.

I think a spell out on loan would be best all round here. He needs a run of 10-12 games to get his match fitness up, he’s not going to get that here. If he could get the opportunity to do that somewhere we would be much better placed to see if his body is up to the strain of playing week in week out.
I agree with this.
For both our sakes, the club's and Jordan's, the lad needs a run of football matches at the highest level possible where he can expose his body to the rigours of the game and answer the many questions that he and all of us need answering.

I am hopeful that he will come through this and secure himself a further contract.
A fully fit and battle ready Jordan Rossiter will be a huge asset and one that I know I would relish watching in a Rangers shirt.

I’d like to see a loan also.

Somewhere we trust, obviously, with a real set up, but I want to see him get 10-15 games on the trot.

Imagine an all firing Rossiter come June? :-0

He’s a great lad. Love to see him next to McCrorie at some point again soon. The tenacity and energy is first class.

Davis or Jack benched then? Fair play though, so long as each position is filled by merrit

Think Rossiter would benefit ftom being loaned out just now . See if he can manage a decent run of games and come back ready for the challenges of playing for Rangers .

Starts next game,

My starting midfield for our next game is
Jack, Arfield and Davis

Who would you take out of that line up to accommodate Jordan?

Don’t get me wrong I think Jordan has a future with us but I’m not sure about starting the next couple of game

Of course Davis but, do you trust Dorrans’ fitness?
Kamara has yet to prove himself at Rangers and cannot be a better option than Rossiter until he does.

Kamara has played regularly in this league, is obviously rated by our management team, has no fitness issues so I would suggest he is a better option than Rossiter!

Rossiter will hopefully get over his injury woes, but at the moment he isn't able to play 2 games in a row so he is an option that can't be relied upon!

Kamara has played regularly in this league, is obviously rated by our management team, has no fitness issues so I would suggest he is a better option than Rossiter!

Rossiter will hopefully get over his injury woes, but at the moment he isn't able to play 2 games in a row so he is an option that can't be relied upon!
Kamara might be brilliant but playing for Rangers is another matter.

Playing well for Dundee is a million miles away from being successful at Ibrox. So Kamara is nothing more than potential as yet. Hope it works out but let’s not over hype him.

Rossiter might have high “fitness” levels but we don’t need a marathon runner.

We need a footballer who can perform consistently whilst taking bumps, bruises, strains etc at training/matches.
Unfortunately Rossiter has proven he can’t do that for whatever reason. Fingers crossed it’s just been bad luck and he’ll get over it.

Last edited:
Really hope he can get the gametime in the second half of the season that he needs. Talent definitely there and if he can even play in some of the cup ties, it might give some of the other lads a rest.

I'm a fan of the lad and thought it was a bit of a coup us getting him in the first place but we all know the story with the horrendous injuries the lad's had.You don't skipper a very talented England unders unless you have something about you.

That said,a loan would be the best for all parties for the second half of this season.It just makes sense.Along with Wallace and Hardie who I very much doubt will get much,if any gametime in front of others.

Back