Rossiter loan confirmed

MSF

If he is over his injurys problems, theres going to be a lot of people on this thread eating humble pie given the comments being made.

Dontwasteit!

Official Ticketer
Closer to home, regular starts guaranteed - downside Bury FFS! League 2 - very physical I suspect perhaps not the free flowing football environment he needs! What a come down from Liverpool and ourselves!
That's just it though, he wasn't getting 'free flowing' or any other type of football at either Liverpool or Rangers because he's been injured.

What he needs is games in a competitive, physical league to prove to us his body is capable and he can be relied on as a Rangers player. No one doubts his ability but he's no use to us in the stands or on the treatment table. It's make or break for Rossiter, he simply must make an impact at Bury or we'll actively be trying to offload him in the summer.

Good luck to him, I hope he's part of the team that gets Bury promoted.

RFC4ME

My assumption is we have asked for a lot of player management in this loan, hence the side and coach he has gone to.

ScottXC

Not the worst thing to be involved in, a team expecting to win games with the hope of being promoted.

Hopefully he's going to feature in a lot of games, and those games will have the added pressure of being must wins.

Could come back to us in the summer after a successful loan having won either the league with his loan club, or promotion.

Time will tell.

DotMantooth

Surely we can get our players better loan moves than league two?
Why? We can only send players to the clubs that are willing to take them and to some extent guarantee them significant games.

Top half of League Two is a better level than most of the Scottish Championship.

ca100

As long as he goes there and plays and stays fit, it doesn't really matter what level it's at just now.

RFC_Champions

Why? We can only send players to the clubs that are willing to take them and to some extent guarantee them significant games.

Top half of League Two is a better level than most of the Scottish Championship.
You’re right I suppose about other clubs wanting our players. Perhaps the reality check we need about our players.

Agree that top half league 2 is better than most Scottish championship teams but I’d hope that’s not the barometer. We should’ve been trying to get him to a higher level.

As it turns out, Gerrard is prob doing his mate at Bury a favour by giving him a player of the quality of Rossiter on loan, and his mate is prob doing Gerrard a favour by taking an unreliable injury plagued player on loan to try and get him fit for us.

Prob best we could realistically expect all round.

Gallant_Few

Good move for the kid. Really hope he can go down there and get a good run of games, I've not given up hope if him still having a good Rangers career.

This loan could just be what he needs to kickstart what was once a promising career.

Good luck Jordan.

Frajo

He needs game time if he can get a good few months injury free it's only a good thing for us

RFC97

St Mirren, Dundee, Hamilton, Motherwell, Livingston... All pish.
Yeah but look how we dismantled Bury in pre-season. It was like playing a junior team. Motherwell aside I’m not sure we’ve had it quite that easy from any other team.

Burgh-Ger

Still reckon this guy is going to be top class.

He has all the attributes. Just needs a bit of luck for everything to finally fall into place. This couldn’t kick start his career.
I hope you are correct - i have my doubts though.
Seems a nice lad so hope he does well whether it’s with us or elsewhere

ICA_86

Rossiter’s lucky that anyone is willing to take him on loan, I’m shocked that people are criticising the standard of Bury’s level.

Arminius

Official Ticketer
Good luck to him. Hope he can get a consistent run of games to prove to our management team that his body is now up to the physical demands.
Exactly.

English club. Much closer to Liverpool. I think this is a excellent decision

The boy needs games. End of story. If he gets to also see more of his friends and family at the same time, even better

Really hope he gets loads of game time and kicks on

Craigie

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard confirms Jordan Rossiter is on his way to Bury on loan. Does not expect any more new arrivals before Thursday night's transfer deadline.

Strange one all round
Bury is managed by Gerrard's mate, hence the pre season friendly.

They are also well in the hunt for promotion so it will be a very competitive environment he will be playing in.

It's also not assisting any Scottish Clubs so that's a bonus.

AdiCR2

Yeah but look how we dismantled Bury in pre-season. It was like playing a junior team. Motherwell aside I’m not sure we’ve had it quite that easy from any other team.
Extremely unfair on Bury. They hadn't even had a weeks training yet and we were in Spain getting gutted beforehand. We were struggling to get a team that could play us so early and Bury agreed... Similarly we gave them Barjo on loan for the first few months and he couldn't get near a start for them. Again, look at Doc at Shrewsbury who are lower down the league than Bury and the clamour for his return.

Playing for Rangers is the difficult thing up here, its not the opposition. All in my opinion of course.

essexbluenose

Never his level in a million years, IF fit. It will be his level for 4 months to prove if he has what it takes
What have you seen of this kid in the last 3 years to suggest this?

Him going on loan to Bury speaks volumes. McCrorie and Docherty are much better options for us in my opinion!

scarebear

Official Ticketer
good move, takes him out of the spotlight up here and all the speculation about his fitness etc, I really hope he does well and comes back and is a mainstay in the team.

Bluebrox

Our league, bar a couple of teams, is the standard of League One /League Two in England. That much is obvious.

Desperate for the lad to do well and come back to us and hit the ground running in the summer.

Been a cliche' a million times, but there IS a player in there. Proper footballer.

RFC97

Extremely unfair on Bury. They hadn't even had a weeks training yet and we were in Spain getting gutted beforehand. We were struggling to get a team that could play us so early and Bury agreed... Similarly we gave them Barjo on loan for the first few months and he couldn't get near a start for them. Again, look at Doc at Shrewsbury who are lower down the league than Bury and the clamour for his return.

Playing for Rangers is the difficult thing up here, its not the opposition. All in my opinion of course.
The clamour for docs return is a bit misguided. Another poster mentioned how if it was nay other player in that league with his record many of us would be worried.

Anyway, take a look at what Bury fans were saying on social media/ forums after we played them. They all said we were in a different footballing universe etc and nothing they play will come close.

I just think the lower leagues in England are over rated to a certain extent, partly because of the inflated transfer values.

Captain_Buns

Hope he has a solid 4 months injury free & returns for one last crack at it with us next season.

The lad clearly has talent.

Reactions: TQ3

Latest posts