Rossiter loan confirmed

Yes he was given sponsors MOM today. Probably does not appear in many match reports as the headlines were grabbed by our comeback and the goals. But he was the machinery behind it all especially in the first half. Our gaffer said he did the work of 6 men in that first half and he said the rest of the players had to step up and help him. Almost every pass from the back went to Rossitor who 99.9 % of the time turned and played a simple but effective ball forward. Also his tackling was ferocious especially for a guy who has been injured a lot. For anyone doubting his fitness - don't !! We have waited years for a midfielder who can both pass and tackle. A few fans are asking if we can afford to sign him....don't worry they had too many beers ! What a quality player ! Roll on Tuesday and the semi-final.
Fella, keep us posted and remember that that there’s a good age difference on here. The more aged bear wants him to succeed. The weans however :))

Let’s hope his good start continues. Yes it’s not at a particularly high level but just get a good run of competitive games with no injuries is exactly what he needs to develop, then come next preseason, who knows.

named MOM again tonight. We didn't play as well as we can but held them for a hour. Better team won in the end although a dubious free-kick made the difference. Rossiter must be a nightmare to play against as every time you turn around he is snapping at your ankles. Anyway, concentrate on the league now, didn't want to got to London anyway - shithole.

named MOM again tonight. We didn't play as well as we can but held them for a hour. Better team won in the end although a dubious free-kick made the difference. Rossiter must be a nightmare to play against as every time you turn around he is snapping at your ankles. Anyway, concentrate on the league now, didn't want to got to London anyway - shithole.

Thanks for the updates mate. Sore one for you guys tonight. Hopefully Rossiter can help drive you on to promotion.

What I noticed about Rossiter tonight was he constantly asks for the ball, even when he has a opponent up his arse his head is constantly on a swivel and before the ball reaches him he is constantly aware of his surroundings so the ball is passed to a teammate straight away, he never gives the ball away

It might not be Hollywood passes but ball retention is key, yeah unlucky tonight but Portsmouth just seemed to have a little bit more

What I noticed about Rossiter tonight was he constantly asks for the ball, even when he has a opponent up his arse his head is constantly on a swivel and before the ball reaches him he is constantly aware of his surroundings so the ball is passed to a teammate straight away, he never gives the ball away

It might not be Hollywood passes but ball retention is key, yeah unlucky tonight but Portsmouth just seemed to have a little bit more
spot on about Rossiter. I think he has played 4/5 games now and I think he has given the ball away once ! Plays simple but effective balls. Yeah , Portsmouth showed why they are a league above us, especially second half, if only we could have nicked one in the first half.

Hellooo Hellooo we are the Bury boys , spot on Andy London is Pish , thanks for the update mate , soft spot Bury since the summer , Good luck .

It is not difficult to understand why Rossiter was the captain of the young England team. He displayed real leadership qualities tonight and even when the game had become a bit of a lost cause, he kept trying to drive on his teammates. Quite glad that Portsmouth have progressed. In the same way as Rangers, that club were victims of some very dubious characters but the efforts of their supporters enabled Portsmouth to turn the corner.

Not to be tonight but the league is the important one m8.
Chin up.

Bury were easily the better team in the first half and unlucky not to go in 1 or 2 up. Portsmouth getting the 1st goal allowed them to manage the game comfortably 2nd half though.

Impressed with Rossiter especially first half, thought him and Mayor ran the show.

Update on Rossiter - see my last update !! More of the same - another excellent performance - this guy never stops biting at peoples legs. Only reason he didn't get MOM today is probably because he has had it the last 2 games. One of the fittest players I have seen down at Gigg. Still as fresh in the 95th minute as the first.

Pre season Gerrard said Rossiter was absolutely flying and from the videos on the website he always finished top of the running along with Greg Docherty

Both boys as fit as they come. They just need to add the bit of quality with the ball to be challenging for a place next season.

Update on Rossiter - see my last update !! More of the same - another excellent performance - this guy never stops biting at peoples legs. Only reason he didn't get MOM today is probably because he has had it the last 2 games. One of the fittest players I have seen down at Gigg. Still as fresh in the 95th minute as the first.

Another great result Andy! Onwards and upwards!

Chuffed to see he is doing really well, haven't wrote him off like some on here.

Sounds like your club has been a perfect fit to allow Rossiter to showcase what he can do and get back up to speed again mate,really appreciate the updates and glad you guys got a win again today.

Andy, thanks for the update pal, it's great to hear that Jordan is getting plenty of game time and playing very well. You got a good result today, it's a pity bloódy Lincoln got a dodgy penalty to win their game!

Sounds like your club has been a perfect fit to allow Rossiter to showcase what he can do and get back up to speed again mate,really appreciate the updates and glad you guys got a win again today.
Cheers, yes he has been the final piece in the jigsaw. A scrapper in midfield who can win the ball back and then make a forward pass.. Four teams now 11 points clear of the rest so it's 3 from 4 but the other 3 have to play each other so we are in pole position.

Cheers, yes he has been the final piece in the jigsaw. A scrapper in midfield who can win the ball back and then make a forward pass.. Four teams now 11 points clear of the rest so it's 3 from 4 but the other 3 have to play each other so we are in pole position.
that you up to 2nd fantastic news, and thanks for the updates I always check to see how bury are doing since we played the friendly

Great news that he's played well again and another great win for Bury. Another 5 or 6 wins be enough for you now Andy?

Been looking out for Bury's results each week after you started posting on this thread Andy35 and I hope firstly that Rossiter helps take you up and secondly , that he comes back in the summer and becomes an absolute star for us.

Thanks for the update. Find myself checking for the Bury score now and follow on social media - seems like a cracking wee club! Hoping to come along to a game the next time you play near me

Delighted to hear he's doing well, and I would love him to come back and be a big player for us.
It would gut me if he left and went on to become a great player. We need him to come back flying in the summer and give us another option.

Thanks for the update. Find myself checking for the Bury score now and follow on social media - seems like a cracking wee club! Hoping to come along to a game the next time you play near me
Thanks for the compliment, all are welcome ! We have a hardcore 3,000 fans who turn up every week and we practically know each other by name. Genuine concern if someone misses a game...lol !

Good to see Jordan and Bury doing well.
Their fans that I spoke to at the game at Ibrox and seemed good lads.
Loved the experience. Most of us are Rangers fans anyway. I believe you had some trouble with the Wigan fans but apart from a couple of dozen 'idiots' we are usually trouble free. Hope to get a friendly again some time.

Loved the experience. Most of us are Rangers fans anyway. I believe you had some trouble with the Wigan fans but apart from a couple of dozen of 'idiots' we are usually trouble free. Hope to get a friendly again some time.
Hopefully the next friendly is at Gigg Lane mate.

While Doc has been a wee bit hot and cold at Shrewsbury, Rossiter has been outstanding in every game for Bury so far and is showing a terrific level of consistency.

I'm sure both will get a chance to impress pre season.

Both a have a terrific attitude and will be itching to go next summer.

While Doc has been a wee bit hot and cold at Shrewsbury, Rossiter has been outstanding in every game for Bury so far and is showing a terrific level of consistency.

I'm sure both will get a chance to impress pre season.

Both a have a terrific attitude and will be itching to go next summer.
Both will probably be leading in the fitness stakes too.....we have a gluttony on midfielders especially if Shinnie arrives too!

Both will probably be leading in the fitness stakes too.....we have a gluttony on midfielders especially if Shinnie arrives too!

Both led the way last summer, with Doc edging it, but only just.

Footballers aren't great in the endurance stakes compared to other elite athletes, but Doc, Rossiter and Tav posted decent numbers last summer in Marbella.
So did Worrall at the winter camp.

Got through another 90 mins tonight. Showed he was human tonight with quite a few misplaced passes but was still a stand out player. Dominated the game but couldn't get that second goal and for the second time in a week we conceded from a free-kick which was given for a blatant dive. Frustrating all round but a point is a point.

Delighted to hear Jordan is putting a run of games together, obvioulsy him playing well and bury having some good results recently is good news too.

I really believe Jordan can be a top player once he shakes off his poor luck injury wise.

I really rate him and would love to see him back at Ibrox next season.

Really loving that he is lasting the full games with no sign of issues over his fitness. Just what the wee man has been needing.

Wee man's attitude and ability is top class.
Really deserves a break, hopefully stays fit, gets a good pre season in and comes back to make a few doubters eat their words.
Best of luck JR.

The made of glass theory seems to be fastly edging towards being a FF myth, now it's down to whether he is good enough. Massive summer for him and Docherty to have a pre season that show's SG and the fans that they are good enough

The made of glass theory seems to be fastly edging towards being a FF myth, now it's down to whether he is good enough. Massive summer for him and Docherty to have a pre season that show's SG and the fans that they are good enough

His injury record of games unavailable for is actually similar to that of Ryan Jack, who himself has had a fair amount of injuries.

Hope Rossiter can keep this up

Back