Rossiter loan confirmed

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard confirms Jordan Rossiter is on his way to Bury on loan. Does not expect any more new arrivals before Thursday night's transfer deadline.

Strange one all round
Dont think it's strange atall the boy needs games and is way down the pecking order at rangers... cant see him back in a hees shirt to be honest.not because hees not good enough mainly because he is injury prone and as ive said way down the pecking order

From Liverpool to Rangers and now to Bury. He must be hoping he can stay fit and get a run of games and get back to us soon or Bury will be the kind of team he will most likely end up at

Let's him be closer to home and gives him a chance of a run of games. Don't see any negatives - we have plenty cover in his position right now.

I just can’t see him making it at rangers, badly needs a run of games and he needs to do well in them.

I personally think it's fine. He needs to get to a level where he will be a first pick every week and have the game time to build back up. No point in going to a place where he will struggle for game time.

A big few months for the player coming up, if he stays fit. Definitely a player in there but he needs to play most weeks to prove it.

Closer to home, regular starts guaranteed - downside Bury FFS! League 2 - very physical I suspect perhaps not the free flowing football environment he needs! What a come down from Liverpool and ourselves!

I think Gerrard now gets that the league is tough, and that he can’t afford to bed in basically an unknown quantity.
Best move for everyone.

Hopefully he gets a good run of games and stays fit then can come back and shows his true value, he’s got talent but does he have the physicality to compete a full season ?

Probably sent to someone Gerrard trusts to look after the lad properly and at a level he should be guaranteed to play.

If he gets a run of 20 first team games it can do him the world of good, similar to what Docherty is currently doing, albeit I’d have preferred if he went to a team at a slightly higher level.

He just needs to play. I don’t think we could expect him to go to a much better level given how little he has played the last 3 years.

If he is over his injurys problems, theres going to be a lot of people on this thread eating humble pie given the comments being made.

Closer to home, regular starts guaranteed - downside Bury FFS! League 2 - very physical I suspect perhaps not the free flowing football environment he needs! What a come down from Liverpool and ourselves!

That's just it though, he wasn't getting 'free flowing' or any other type of football at either Liverpool or Rangers because he's been injured.

What he needs is games in a competitive, physical league to prove to us his body is capable and he can be relied on as a Rangers player. No one doubts his ability but he's no use to us in the stands or on the treatment table. It's make or break for Rossiter, he simply must make an impact at Bury or we'll actively be trying to offload him in the summer.

Good luck to him, I hope he's part of the team that gets Bury promoted.

My assumption is we have asked for a lot of player management in this loan, hence the side and coach he has gone to.

Not the worst thing to be involved in, a team expecting to win games with the hope of being promoted.

Hopefully he's going to feature in a lot of games, and those games will have the added pressure of being must wins.

Could come back to us in the summer after a successful loan having won either the league with his loan club, or promotion.

Time will tell.

Surely we can get our players better loan moves than league two?

Why? We can only send players to the clubs that are willing to take them and to some extent guarantee them significant games.

Top half of League Two is a better level than most of the Scottish Championship.

As long as he goes there and plays and stays fit, it doesn't really matter what level it's at just now.

Why? We can only send players to the clubs that are willing to take them and to some extent guarantee them significant games.

Top half of League Two is a better level than most of the Scottish Championship.

You’re right I suppose about other clubs wanting our players. Perhaps the reality check we need about our players.

Agree that top half league 2 is better than most Scottish championship teams but I’d hope that’s not the barometer. We should’ve been trying to get him to a higher level.

As it turns out, Gerrard is prob doing his mate at Bury a favour by giving him a player of the quality of Rossiter on loan, and his mate is prob doing Gerrard a favour by taking an unreliable injury plagued player on loan to try and get him fit for us.

Prob best we could realistically expect all round.

Good move for the kid. Really hope he can go down there and get a good run of games, I've not given up hope if him still having a good Rangers career.

This loan could just be what he needs to kickstart what was once a promising career.

Good luck Jordan.

Back