Rossiter loan confirmed

He needs game time if he can get a good few months injury free it's only a good thing for us

St Mirren, Dundee, Hamilton, Motherwell, Livingston... All pish.

Yeah but look how we dismantled Bury in pre-season. It was like playing a junior team. Motherwell aside I’m not sure we’ve had it quite that easy from any other team.

Still reckon this guy is going to be top class.

He has all the attributes. Just needs a bit of luck for everything to finally fall into place. This couldn’t kick start his career.

I hope you are correct - i have my doubts though.
Seems a nice lad so hope he does well whether it’s with us or elsewhere

Rossiter’s lucky that anyone is willing to take him on loan, I’m shocked that people are criticising the standard of Bury’s level.

Good luck to him. Hope he can get a consistent run of games to prove to our management team that his body is now up to the physical demands.

Exactly.

English club. Much closer to Liverpool. I think this is a excellent decision

The boy needs games. End of story. If he gets to also see more of his friends and family at the same time, even better

Really hope he gets loads of game time and kicks on

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard confirms Jordan Rossiter is on his way to Bury on loan. Does not expect any more new arrivals before Thursday night's transfer deadline.

Strange one all round
Bury is managed by Gerrard's mate, hence the pre season friendly.

They are also well in the hunt for promotion so it will be a very competitive environment he will be playing in.

It's also not assisting any Scottish Clubs so that's a bonus.

Yeah but look how we dismantled Bury in pre-season. It was like playing a junior team. Motherwell aside I’m not sure we’ve had it quite that easy from any other team.
Extremely unfair on Bury. They hadn't even had a weeks training yet and we were in Spain getting gutted beforehand. We were struggling to get a team that could play us so early and Bury agreed... Similarly we gave them Barjo on loan for the first few months and he couldn't get near a start for them. Again, look at Doc at Shrewsbury who are lower down the league than Bury and the clamour for his return.

Playing for Rangers is the difficult thing up here, its not the opposition. All in my opinion of course.

Never his level in a million years, IF fit. It will be his level for 4 months to prove if he has what it takes
What have you seen of this kid in the last 3 years to suggest this?

Him going on loan to Bury speaks volumes. McCrorie and Docherty are much better options for us in my opinion!

good move, takes him out of the spotlight up here and all the speculation about his fitness etc, I really hope he does well and comes back and is a mainstay in the team.

Our league, bar a couple of teams, is the standard of League One /League Two in England. That much is obvious.

Desperate for the lad to do well and come back to us and hit the ground running in the summer.

Been a cliche' a million times, but there IS a player in there. Proper footballer.

Extremely unfair on Bury. They hadn't even had a weeks training yet and we were in Spain getting gutted beforehand. We were struggling to get a team that could play us so early and Bury agreed... Similarly we gave them Barjo on loan for the first few months and he couldn't get near a start for them. Again, look at Doc at Shrewsbury who are lower down the league than Bury and the clamour for his return.

Playing for Rangers is the difficult thing up here, its not the opposition. All in my opinion of course.

The clamour for docs return is a bit misguided. Another poster mentioned how if it was nay other player in that league with his record many of us would be worried.

Anyway, take a look at what Bury fans were saying on social media/ forums after we played them. They all said we were in a different footballing universe etc and nothing they play will come close.

I just think the lower leagues in England are over rated to a certain extent, partly because of the inflated transfer values.

Hope he has a solid 4 months injury free & returns for one last crack at it with us next season.

The lad clearly has talent.

Reactions: TQ3
The problem is finances. The managers of these clubs will often say they can't even compete financially with clubs in English League 2.
I agree money wise they are well ahead but honestly quality wise its so over rated and poor. They slag our league enough, try watching a championship game one evening.... its honestly enough to put you asleep!

Too many people writing him off, yet bigging up Doc at the same time.

Bury are sitting near the top of League 2 and Shrewsbury are near the bottom of League 1.

There will be little or no difference in the standard of football they're playing.

Greg's form for us before his loan was very poor, both end of last season and start of this.

He's went away, worked on his weaknesses and has had regular games and done well mainly.

Jordan is slightly younger than Greg and at least deserves the same chance before we judge him.

Let's wait until the summer before judging him.

Too many people writing him off, yet bigging up Doc at the same time.

Bury are sitting near the top of League 2 and Shrewsbury are near the bottom of League 1.

There will be little or no difference in the standard of football they're playing.

Greg's form for us before his loan was very poor, both end of last season and start of this.

He's went away, worked on his weaknesses and has had regular games and done well mainly.

Jordan is slightly younger than Greg and at least deserves the same chance before we judge him.

Let's wait until the summer before judging him.
I really like both players and want them both to come back to Rangers and be successful in our first team.

If you are asking me who has the more 'talent' and more potential to go further in the game then it would have to be Rossiter for me. But I hope to see both using their time constructively in order to come back and let Rangers see the benefits. The last thing I would want to do is write Rossiter off. Proper footballer who has all the tools. Just needs to kick start his whole career and get it back on track..

Think it's better we cut our losses and let him go. He's probably on a high wage and clearly has major fitness issues

Some of the responses on this thread are utterly shameful. There is a huge reason we have lost some cracking posters from days gone by, its beyond pathetic.

Good luck to the kid and hope his move is what everyone needs.

Not really sure what level people were expecting him to go.

It's a good move for him IMO. Lots of games to play in a competitive league.

He started well but fans say he is inconsistent.
And that's the key to making it a a high level.

The old saying, "consistency is key" is massive. If players want to go far in the game and avoid end up at a diddy club then they need to be 'on it' all the time. As well as having the talent, it's more a question of attitude, commitment and focus. Ease off any of this and you just become 'another player'.

IMO Greg has a good attitude and work ethic, so I am hoping that he comes back and 'makes it' with us.

Rossiter’s lucky that anyone is willing to take him on loan, I’m shocked that people are criticising the standard of Bury’s level.

You're correct, mate.

People are a bit delusional over Rossiter. He was a highly rated youth who's been ravaged by injury. The reality is he's only played about 5 first team games in 3 years and there's absolutely not a queue of teams willing to take that gamble on.

Really hope Jordan can break into the team and prove he can play a run of games but the jury is very much still out.

Good luck to the lad, had a shocking run of injuries so here’s to hoping that this move will be the making of him and come back and give our manager a selection headache

Some of the comments on here are absolutely ridiculous.

How many times do people need it explained to them that you can’t just “cut your losses” with a player and why the f*ck are they even mentioning it in a thread confirming a loan deal for him to try and string some games together?

Cretins.

St Mirren, Dundee, Hamilton, Motherwell, Livingston... All pish.

Two of which drew with us, one beat us, and the other two we struggled against away from home and it took goals in the dying stages of the game to secure the win.

I agree with what your saying but any time I see these teams mentioned it boils my piss that the points we’ve dropped to this dross!!!!

I think because we got Rossiter when he was so young, people sometimes forget that he's only 21.

If he was 24/25 and people were saying write him off I could understand it, but there's a player in there and this loan gives us a chance to see if we'll ever see the best of him.

Exactly.

English club. Much closer to Liverpool. I think this is a excellent decision

The boy needs games. End of story. If he gets to also see more of his friends and family at the same time, even better

Really hope he gets loads of game time and kicks on
Im maybe clutching at straws but if as you say he sees more of his family/friends it may help him as he has had a hard time of it with his injuries and being pretty young and far from home might not have helped.Hopefully he kicks on and makes a career from himself(hopefully good enough for us) had a terrible time with injuries.

Some of the comments on here are absolutely ridiculous.

How many times do people need it explained to them that you can’t just “cut your losses” with a player and why the f*ck are they even mentioning it in a thread confirming a loan deal for him to try and string some games together?

Cretins.

Gets on my tits.

Some absolute ignorant nonsense posted on this thread.

"Ravaged by injuries". False.
He'd a mechanics problem with his body while he was still growing.
It wasn't an injury and he's been clear of the problem for 11 months now.

"Cut our losses".
Why would we do that with a 22 year old with a great pedigree, who' was rated higher than Doc by Gerrard early season?

Why not at least wait and see how he performs at Bury for 4 months before writing him off?

Surely he deserves that chance?

I really like both players and want them both to come back to Rangers and be successful in our first team.

If you are asking me who has the more 'talent' and more potential to go further in the game then it would have to be Rossiter for me. But I hope to see both using their time constructively in order to come back and let Rangers see the benefits. The last thing I would want to do is write Rossiter off. Proper footballer who has all the tools. Just needs to kick start his whole career and get it back on track..
Spot on. I like the guy and only want him to do well.
Best of British to our Jordan.

He's got all the attributes to be a great player, if he can just stay injury free for the rest of the season. I'm sure he can come back to us fitter, stronger to show us what he's got.

Doubt we will see Kamara before the summer then.

Suprised Wallace is still here and want Pena to move on asap

Would of liked atleast one more but got to be happy with the window
I reckon SG could make something decent out of Pena, and Wallace is always a half decent back up.

Latest posts

Back