Rossiter loan confirmed

You're correct, mate.

People are a bit delusional over Rossiter. He was a highly rated youth who's been ravaged by injury. The reality is he's only played about 5 first team games in 3 years and there's absolutely not a queue of teams willing to take that gamble on.

Really hope Jordan can break into the team and prove he can play a run of games but the jury is very much still out.

Correct.

People still think he’s this (ridiculously) hyped up England unders captain and a shining light in the Liverpool academy.

I hope he proves me wrong, but it looks like he’ll go on to be just another player who done well at unders levels and played a few UEFA/League cup games for a big club before disappearing back to the lower leagues. Injuries have taken away some of the most important years of his career.

He’s so far behind 3/4/5 of our midfielders just now, I feel bad for him.

He’s been fit for a while but the gaffer clearly just doesn’t fancy him. We can’t cut our losses, that’s nonsense talk, but we can hope he does well at Bury and someone takes him off us.

Think it's better we cut our losses and let him go. He's probably on a high wage and clearly has major fitness issues

I love these comments. Jordan Rossitter is fully fit as has been for months.

"Cut our losses"

So pay him his next 18 months worth of wages so he can go somewhere else, maybe get a run of form and fulfil his potential meaning we miss out on either a cracking player or decent money, absolutely stupid.

How can anyone genuinely say that Rossiter still has ‘cracking potential’ though?

That’s as contrived as the ‘cut our losses’ line that people roll out.

Not convinced he is suited to the hussle & bussle of that league but better than him sitting on his backside with us.

Could either be the making or the breaking of him.

Seems to be loads of hype for Rossiter on here, is there games (or a game) i can go back and watch where he’s shown something? ....genuine question not a sarcastic comment as I’ve only seen him play once

Good luck to him.
Hope he impresses and either Bury buy him from us or someone else does.
Its just not going to happen for him here

Hibs away, last game of last season seems to be the 'benchmark' normally referenced.

That one game.

Sums it all up really.

It’s desperately sad for the boy, but it’s almost unheard of that you miss all that football at this vital stage of a career and go on to anything big.

That one game.

Sums it all up really.

It’s desperately sad for the boy, but it’s almost unheard of that you miss all that football at this vital stage of a career and go on to anything big.

I'm neither bigging up nor condemning the guy, simply stating that the Hibs game is generally the one referenced in respect of a good performance from Rossiter.

Fact remains, he's our player and we will be paying him a tidy sum. It's in everyone's interest that he goes on loan and gets game time, at whatever level, and simply gets used to playing football again week in/week out. Hopefully, with that, his confidence will return and, perhaps, he will prove he has a football future, be it at Rangers or elsewhere.

He could go away and come back ready to challenge, he could go away and find his level is elsewhere or he could go away and find he's not robust enough/good enough for a career in football. I'm sure each and every one of us would hope it's one of the first two for him.

Personally, I don't think we will see him back.

Last edited:
All the best to Jordan, he has the makings of a good player, shame he can’t stay fit, really hope he gets a run of games for Bury, he’s going to a good wee club.

Horrendous amount of injuries for such a young lad,hate to write players off at us but it would be something of a miracle for him to get back to where we hoped he would be and have a future with us.
Bloody shame imo.

Bury manager Ryan Lowe was “astonished” that Rangers midfielder Jordan Rossiter turned down two Ladbrokes Premiership clubs to join his team on loan.
The 21-year-old former Liverpool midfielder has moved to the Sky Bet League Two promotion contenders for the rest of the season.
Rossiter has made only 16 appearances since joining Rangers in 2016 and has moved back to north-west England in a bid to kick-start his career after his first two years in Scotland were ruined by injury problems.
Lowe told Bury’s official website: “I know that people always say, ‘he could have gone here and he could have gone there’, but he did turn down two League One clubs and two Scottish Premiership clubs after watching us on Saturday against Lincoln. He said he wanted to be a part of it.
“I didn’t think I could get a Jordan Rossiter to be honest with you, so fair play to the chairman and the board for backing me on it.
“He’s going to be an exciting talent. He’s an exciting player that you would probably say is above our level, but he had the guts and determination to come and play for a League Two team.
“Ultimately, when you have a Scottish Premiership player, that has also played in the Premier League for Liverpool and has had good development and grounding, saying that he wanted to come and play for Bury Football Club, well I was astonished by it.
“He hasn’t played a lot of football, but we’ll manage him the right way to make sure that he helps us get to where we want to get to.”

Thanks for the loan lads - seems a decent prospect. Surprised by one or two of the 'Shite place to go' etc comments. Thought we had built a friendship whilst we were up there in July. Barjonas did not get 'shafted' he was given a couple of run outs but to be honest we had better players already. I have been a fan for 45 years and this is the best football I have seen us play. We play from the back, on the floor and run at defenders. Sounds like Rossiter will be ideal for us. Good luck for the rest of the season here's hoping you can catch that other team. Up the 'gers.

Unfortunately he has had horrendous injury problems and clubs dont want to sign someone who will be in the treatment room a lot of the time.Didnt really get a chance to show what he could do at Ibrox so people cant judge where best is his level.Good luck to him

Thanks for the loan lads - seems a decent prospect. Surprised by one or two of the 'Shite place to go' etc comments. Thought we had built a friendship whilst we were up there in July. Barjonas did not get 'shafted' he was given a couple of run outs but to be honest we had better players already. I have been a fan for 45 years and this is the best football I have seen us play. We play from the back, on the floor and run at defenders. Sounds like Rossiter will be ideal for us. Good luck for the rest of the season here's hoping you can catch that other team. Up the 'gers.

i don't think they mean the club but the level of football, he should be above that level

however, he hasn't played for 3 years so no one really knows what his level is any more, he simply has to play for 6 months solid and to recover form

if he can't do that at league 2 level he's finished

i don't think they mean the club but the level of football, he should be above that level

however, he hasn't played for 3 years so no one really knows what his level is any more, he simply has to play for 6 months solid and to recover form

if he can't do that at league 2 level he's finished
doubt he will go straight into our team though - we have not lost in 6 weeks so will have to wait his chance. I may be wrong but I wouldn't change a settled winning team.

I really rate this guy so hope this loan deal gets him the time on the pitch he needs, good luck and hopefully see you back in a rangers shirt next season.

Ignore the derogatory comments mate.

There's some folk on here that are just permanently negative in life.

Good luck for the rest of the season and take care of Jordan for us.

He's had a difficult couple of years here, but the majority of Rangers supporters still think and hope he can carve a good career out for himself here.

Update on Rossitor. Came on at half-time and looked a class above. Ran the midfield, kept it simple but looked fully fit. Should be starting next week. Was our worse performance of the season but hopefully a one-off. Can certainly see why he was labelled the new Gerrard at Liverpool.

Still reckon this guy is going to be top class.

He has all the attributes. Just needs a bit of luck for everything to finally fall into place. This couldn’t kick start his career.

That’s just it Kensington sometimes players can go to many clubs get know where, then it just falls into place as you say has all the attributes we are looking for

Update on Rossitor. Came on at half-time and looked a class above. Ran the midfield, kept it simple but looked fully fit. Should be starting next week. Was our worse performance of the season but hopefully a one-off. Can certainly see why he was labelled the new Gerrard at Liverpool.

Good to hear mate.

Hope he helps you get promotion and then hits the ground running with us pre season.

I really want JR to play for us. Just been waiting on him being ready for a while.

If he turned down SPFL clubs then I am sure that there was something to do with plastic pitches involved. Really hope he kicks on and we can get him back in for preseason and next season. Just think if he can get through he'll go on to be incredibly useful for us.

He played the full 90 mins for us yesterday. Very useful player, did nothing spectacular, but was always available to receive a pass and always made the right pass. I think he gave the ball away once in the whole match. Seemed very fit.

Good to hear this

The problem is that here the league is full of hammer throwers and JR was not allowed to actually play his game. Hopefully he'll get a lot of game time and build his strength at Bury.

He played the full 90 mins for us yesterday. Very useful player, did nothing spectacular, but was always available to receive a pass and always made the right pass. I think he gave the ball away once in the whole match. Seemed very fit.
thanks for the update mate keep us up to date , hope you get promoted

The problem is that here the league is full of hammer throwers and JR was not allowed to actually play his game. Hopefully he'll get a lot of game time and build his strength at Bury.
Spot-on, JMT73. Remember Scott turncoat Allan trying to cripple Jordan. Never forget, never forgive.

If he stays fit I am sure you will soon be raving about him.
I think he is a player and a half, but he needs to stay fit and play games to be the player that he can be.
I will be watching out for your posts about Jordan with keen interest.

Thanks mate. No worries if you’ve not got the time but if you have, would be good to see how he’s doing across his loan?

Like others have said, the hammer throwers in our league won’t let him develop.

2mmizwp.jpg

;)

That's great news. Please keep the updates coming. Still hopeful he'll be an important player for us!!

thanks for the good wishes. Will give regular updates. Our checkatrade semi-final is live on sky so you can judge for yourselves on the 26th Feb. That's assuming we won't rest our better players as in previous rounds but with being 90 mins from Wembley I doubt it.

Last edited:
I like the boy and he has a little dig about him as well. Hope he stays fit, and comes back raring to go next season.

Back