Rossiter loan confirmed

All going tits up here. losing 3-0 to a team near the bottom. Rossiter got a bit of stick from the crowd tonight for being too negative as he always seemed to go backwards with his passes and any forward passes were given away tonight. His poorest performance so far and he seems to be getting worse in each game in my opinion. A lot of stuff going on off the field with wages allegedly not getting paid and rumours that our owner cannot fund us anymore. People saying staff in tears as rumours spread about administration etc. Seems like Rossiter may be back with you sooner rather than later.

All going tits up here. losing 3-0 to a team near the bottom. Rossiter got a bit of stick from the crowd tonight for being too negative as he always seemed to go backwards with his passes and any forward passes were given away tonight. His poorest performance so far and he seems to be getting worse in each game in my opinion. A lot of stuff going on off the field with wages allegedly not getting paid and rumours that our owner cannot fund us anymore. People saying staff in tears as rumours spread about administration etc. Seems like Rossiter may be back with you sooner rather than later.
Sorry to hear that's the case mate. We know all too well how it feels to be in that situation.

Here's hoping someone comes in with a buyout for you guys.

I’d say Rossiter doesn’t have a way back in to our team, sadly.

We really need to get these players off the wage bill, but who will come in for them?

I take @Andy35 assessment on board, he has watched everyone of Burys games since Rossiters went down south

the only plus I see is that Rossiter has played pretty much every minute of every game, something I didn't think possible before he went on loan.
Wonder if it’s too much too soon and the fitness levels have fallen or he’s fatigued. Over 2 years out to playing every week might do that. Perhaps needs a rest as he’s still building his fitness. Or perhaps I’m making excuses.

Good luck to Bury whatever happens with JR , will always have a soft spot for them as was one of my boys first game.Think can only be a positive for JR getting that amount of game time .

I’d say Rossiter doesn’t have a way back in to our team, sadly.

We really need to get these players off the wage bill, but who will come in for them?

FFS. One bad game in a team that is struggling. He went to bury to prove his fitness. Box ticked. He has played all game almost every game. He is building match fitness. We can make no judgement until he comes back and we see him in our side.

Sorry to hear that mate. We, more than anyone else, understand how horrific when financial matters at your club spiral out of control. There seems to be loads of money sloshing about Engliah football but in reality its for a select few at the top.

Hope yous get the owner yous deserve and the staff keep their jobs.

Last edited:

Thanks for the update Andy. I hope things improve for you guys - both on and off the pitch - as quickly as possible.

Pity he’s gone downhill since joining after by all reports a decent start .

He isn’t good enough and will be released in summer , hopefully we get a fee of some description as he has a year left and we’ve paid his wages now for three years with nothing in return .

And I hope Bury find a buyer as their fans deserve a good future .

Didn't Gerrard say he was the best player with us during pre season? If so, he obviously rates the lad and sees him as having the ability to play with us.

No disrespect to Bury, but he'll be playing with better players again every week when he's with us.

If he's fit he deserves a chance.

Cambridge are in a false position - totally underachieved all season. Someone was due a doing.

And we have Colin ferking Calderwood as manager.

Still - Bury not coping well with the pressure of being near the top of the league - sounds familiar.

Him and Docherty will be afforded pre-season to prove they are good enough and if not then they'll be offloaded.

To follow up on last night like someone said above he has got dragged into a situation where players are not allegedly getting paid and morale is low. His performances the last 2 games have been below par but there could be reasons for that. Don’t write him off. His fitness levels are still excellent

Cambridge are in a false position - totally underachieved all season. Someone was due a doing.

And we have Colin ferking Calderwood as manager.

Still - Bury not coping well with the pressure of being near the top of the league - sounds familiar.
It’s not the pressure of being near the top. Major off field problems allegedly.

Not so good mate. My English team is Burnley and I try and get down every now and then. Was down with my dad and uncle I'm guessing around 15 years ago give or take. We were in the pub across from Tuef Moor and a few folk came in with buckets obviously looking for donations. Turned out they had SOS on them for Save our Shakers. Us and most other Burnley fans in the pub three in some change.

Sad to see you are in difficulty again. I always look to that though as the different ways we were treated verses clubs in England who get in financial trouble when all other clubs have sympathy for their plight whereas everyone here rejoiced in out troubles.

Good luck hope things work out.

As harsh as it sounds, if he's starting to struggle in League Two then he's not going to make it with us.
It's two poor games by the sounds of it along with the rest of the team. Surely no one expects him to be playing like a superstar each and every match he features in especially when the rest of the team are poor by all accounts? It's another 90 minutes he has come through things are good.

Sounds like he'll fit right in when he returns then.

well that accelerated quickly

was there any hint of this beforehand?

hope you get up

the hell that sort of shit puts the support is horrendous

It’s not the pressure of being near the top. Major off field problems allegedly.

Thanks - looks like it was an opportune time to play them last night.

Am amazed that some of the haters haven't blamed Mark Allen for sending him to a club with issues. Only a matter of time I suppose.

another one to the list. Brief background info - we almost went out of business 6 years ago but were 'saved' by Stewart Day who promised us Championship football within 5 years and threw loads of money at it, resulting in us signing players on absurd contracts for our level. A few months ago it transpired that it was not allegedly his money he was using but a series of high interest loans with some allegedly 'dodgy' companies. As usual in these cases it all bottomed out when his own company hit financial problems. Luckily a fairly local business man Steve Dale took on the debt before Christmas and everything seemed okay, but now it appears there is much more 'hidden' debt than it first transpired and our new owner is trying his best to resolve it and bank roll the club but has also has hit alleged financial problems.

another one to the list. Brief background info - we almost went out of business 6 years ago but were 'saved' by Stewart Day who promised us Championship football within 5 years and threw loads of money at it, resulting in us signing players on absurd contracts for our level. A few months ago it transpired that it was not allegedly his money he was using but a series of high interest loans with some allegedly 'dodgy' companies. As usual in these cases it all bottomed out when his own company hit financial problems. Luckily a fairly local business man Steve Dale took on the debt before Christmas and everything seemed okay, but now it appears there is much more 'hidden' debt than it first transpired and our new owner is trying his best to resolve it and bank roll the club but has also has hit alleged financial problems.
Hope things can get sorted out.Ill be in Brunton Park on Saturday watching a team with it's own problem.Namely Steven Pressley who has taken Carlisle from possible automatic promotion to an outside chance for the play offs in 2 and a half months.

Rossiter in my honest opinion isn't playing bad, he's getting into space and not receiving the ball when he asks for it. Everyone in the team is struggling, we've hit a bad patch at the wrong time and with the mess behind the scenes it's all blown up.

Give him a few games next pre-season and i know he will be able to command at least a place on the subs bench. Title winning season too will give him even more confidence.

He is never going to be main man in midfield for a title winning team...we need to let it go. Let the dream balloon go to fly off into the far distance.

Usual shite. The lad has just played the most games he has had in about two years. He is building confidence and match fitness. He needs to get a bit of time. We need to see him back for pre season and see what he does. Same with Docherty.

FFS give the lad a chance.

Bury are falling apart recently. It's like they don't want to go up. Carlisle had a men sent off in the first half and still won 3-2

He put in a good ball for the first Bury goal but dived (in my opinion to get Jones sent off) then had a really poor second half.
Carlisle dominated the midfield in the second half even when a man down.
If I'm being honest he doesnt have the presence to play in the middle of the park for us.

Didn't Gerrard say he was the best player with us during pre season? If so, he obviously rates the lad and sees him as having the ability to play with us.

No disrespect to Bury, but he'll be playing with better players again every week when he's with us.

If he's fit he deserves a chance.

Gerrards said a lot about a lot of players. Talking him up to get a fee maybe?

Bury are falling apart recently. It's like they don't want to go up. Carlisle had a men sent off in the first half and still won 3-2
Allegedly still waiting for their wages, have lost 3 on the bounce since their wages should have been paid - coincidence ?

Eesh, doesn't sound good mate. Money problems or bastard owners? Whatever it is, hope you sort it
Long story - our previous owner gambled heavily on promotion - we got relegated - he then left - new owner came in this year but found loads of hidden debt which he is allegedly struggling to cover.

Allegedly still waiting for their wages, have lost 3 on the bounce since their wages should have been paid - coincidence ?

Late goal robbed you of a draw today by the sound of things. It’s looking like it will be the nerve-shredding play-off route for you mate.

He put in a good ball for the first Bury goal but dived (in my opinion to get Jones sent off) then had a really poor second half.
Carlisle dominated the midfield in the second half even when a man down.
If I'm being honest he doesnt have the presence to play in the middle of the park for us.
to be fair - he puts a hell of a shift in, but little end product, but then again his job is to protect the defence.

Back