Rossiter loan confirmed

Our central midfield options for next season are actually really very good. The only exception is that magical #10 everyone is looking for against the teams that sit in. Our first picks and bench are going to be very strong.

just got in - wow what a night ! It's not just a promotion but it's a promotion against a backdrop of unpaid players and staff. The players agreeing to carry on and get promotion for the fans. Well done to all of them. Rossiter was OUTSTANDING again tonight. His stamina is unbelievable and always seems to know where the ball is going to be 5 seconds before the pass is played. Gets a nose bleed if he gets over the halfway line but he is not that sort of player. He is different class and I speak on behalf of all us Shakers in thanking you for his loan. He went off with a bad limp near the end but it appeared jut a bad knock rather than any muscle strain or anything. Now who's got more champagne ?

Congratulations Andy. Absolutely delighted for you guys, especially in very difficult circumstances mate.

just got in - wow what a night ! It's not just a promotion but it's a promotion against a backdrop of unpaid players and staff. The players agreeing to carry on and get promotion for the fans. Well done to all of them. Rossiter was OUTSTANDING again tonight. His stamina is unbelievable and always seems to know where the ball is going to be 5 seconds before the pass is played. Gets a nose bleed if he gets over the halfway line but he is not that sort of player. He is different class and I speak on behalf of all us Shakers in thanking you for his loan. He went off with a bad limp near the end but it appeared jut a bad knock rather than any muscle strain or anything. Now who's got more champagne ?
Delighted for you @Andy35, sorry to hear about the problems, but so impressed that the players carried on, and brought you glory.
The feeling of winning any tournament is phenomenal, and let’s hope all Rangers fans get that feeling back next season, so enjoy that buzz, punch the air at every opportunity and smile like a mad Cheshire Cat.

As mentioned on another thread, personally I'd have Rossiter instead of Ryan Jack.

Moves the ball quicker, sees a forward pass better. Breaks up play better. Plays with his head up. Has a better control of a game and is more composed with the ball at his feet.
Now he has had a season of playing under his belt, Id like to think he can force his way into the team. No offence to Ryan Jack, but he could be a better option, if he is at his top level?

Now he has had a season of playing under his belt, Id like to think he can force his way into the team. No offence to Ryan Jack, but he could be a better option, if he is at his top level?
I agree mate.

I'd prefer it if Jack was only really used as a back-up midfielder next season. Our midfield has let us down this season when it mattered and Jack has been part of that.

In terms of ability/talent Rossiter is ahead of Jack IMO. Better all-round footballer.

Each to their own but, for me, Jack is infinitely better than Rossiter. I think the latter will be sold this Summer.
Fair enough, I could see that too, it really depends on his preseason, imo.
And as I said no offence to Ryan, he has been excellent, but I feel he has a limit to his abilities, and JR seems to have it all for a central midfielder, if he can reach that level of consistency needed.( of course it’s an if, where as Ryan is a known, so I totally get your point.)

Fair enough, I could see that too, it really depends on his preseason, imo.
And as I said no offence to Ryan, he has been excellent, but I feel he has a limit to his abilities, and JR seems to have it all for a central midfielder, if he can reach that level of consistency needed.( of course it’s an if, where as Ryan is a known, so I totally get your point.)

Having read through the updates provided by @Andy35 on his time at Bury the common theme is that Rossiter is excellent at breaking up the play, gets around the pitch and then simply recycles the ball to other players. However, we have folk going on about 'superior passing ability', 'eye for a pass', 'greater control' etc etc. For me Rossiter does the same as Jack - he breaks up play then gives the ball to someone more capable of creating something. He may or may not do that better than Jack. He's certainly not a driving force going forward or the regular creator of chances that some seem to think. There's a bit of the regular FF 'the longer he's out the better he gets' coming into play here. A bit like Docherty as well.

They are both (Rossiter and Docherty) 'good' players - but I think both will be sold this Summer.

Makes them suitable as squad players at the very least then. Coulibaly will be away so Jack and Rossiter is likely to be in direct competition for one place. I also disagree with those saying Rossiter is not good enough for us - he has never had a bad game for us and shown flashes of being a truly excellent player. If he stays fit and gets a good run of games then he can only improve on what we have seen to date.

Having read through the updates provided by @Andy35 on his time at Bury the common theme is that Rossiter is excellent at breaking up the play, gets around the pitch and then simply recycles the ball to other players. However, we have folk going on about 'superior passing ability', 'eye for a pass', 'greater control' etc etc. For me Rossiter does the same as Jack - he breaks up play then gives the ball to someone more capable of creating something. He may or may not do that better than Jack. He's certainly not a driving force going forward or the regular creator of chances that some seem to think. There's a bit of the regular FF 'the longer he's out the better he gets' coming into play here. A bit like Docherty as well.

They are both (Rossiter and Docherty) 'good' players - but I think both will be sold this Summer.
Yes you summed it up there. The only thing I would say is that we asked him to play this role as we already had 2 very good creative midfield players in Mayor and O'Shea, We desperately needed someone to protect the defence. Who to say that Rossiter couldn't play further forward if asked ? That's for you guys to find out I guess - unless we can have him for another season ? lol

Yes you summed it up there. The only thing I would say is that we asked him to play this role as we already had 2 very good creative midfield players in Mayor and O'Shea, We desperately needed someone to protect the defence. Who to say that Rossiter couldn't play further forward if asked ? That's for you guys to find out I guess - unless we can have him for another season ? lol

Get your new owner with a large sack of cash, higher league - I'm sure you will be looking to 'make us an offer' in no time at all.:)

My thanks to @Andy35 - the updates you’ve given have been great. Really happy that Rossiter has done so well with you guys.

Who knows, maybe he’ll have another year with you. I personally can’t see him being a starter for us next year but another year online may do him more good.

My thanks to @Andy35 - the updates you’ve given have been great. Really happy that Rossiter has done so well with you guys.

Who knows, maybe he’ll have another year with you. I personally can’t see him being a starter for us next year but another year online may do him more good.
Hopefully !! The way he was bouncing around the dressing room afterwards with the other players seems to indicate he has enjoyed it here ! The next couple of weeks are crucial to what happens next with our court date being on the 15th May.

Hopefully !! The way he was bouncing around the dressing room afterwards with the other players seems to indicate he has enjoyed it here ! The next couple of weeks are crucial to what happens next with our court date being on the 15th May.

Good Luck with that mate. In truth, 15 May is more important for the club than the events of last night (but I bet last night was much more fun!).

Very true but being a League 1 club now will hopefully persuade more potential buyers to take a look at us and that may persuade the judge to give us more time.
Fingers crossed for your club, we all know what waiting on court dates feels like as a support.

Congratulations
Strange question - don't want to put a downer on things - but can they deduct points from you following the court case?

EFL rules on administration etc?

Congratulations
Strange question - don't want to put a downer on things - but can they deduct points from you following the court case?

EFL rules on administration etc?[/QUOTE

if we did go into administration there is a 12 points deduction but there is a cut-off point in March whereby any deduction after that date would be for next season. Good news is that we have just announced a couple of potential buyers currently doing due diligence so fingers crossed.

I like the bits I've seen of Rossiter however nothing which makes me think he is anything particularly special. Although v difficult to judge on such a small sample size.

He has good dig & energy but looks really sleight. Bit surprised around the comments that he gets a nosebleed when past the half way line as I thought he did play with his head up & pass forward. Might be a confidence thing though.

As mentioned on another thread, personally I'd have Rossiter instead of Ryan Jack.

Moves the ball quicker, sees a forward pass better. Breaks up play better. Plays with his head up. Has a better control of a game and is more composed with the ball at his feet.
I agreed with U on the other thread, but fighting with Jack for the shirt.
What I will say Jordan with that growing condition he had he's only 19. He needs to catch up 2 years basically.
I've never in all my life supporting Rangers wanted a player to succeed at the club.

Andy, you have watched him first hand each week, how much has he actually improved since he arrived? Is he ready to slay the dark side mentally challengeds?

I like the bits I've seen of Rossiter however nothing which makes me think he is anything particularly special. Although v difficult to judge on such a small sample size.

He has good dig & energy but looks really sleight. Bit surprised around the comments that he gets a nosebleed when past the half way line as I thought he did play with his head up & pass forward. Might be a confidence thing though.
it was a tongue in cheek comment.......he does play with head up, I meant that he plays a very defensive role just in front of the back 4, which means he doesn't join in many attacks. Like I said before that is what we asked him to do. He may be more than capable of playing further up the field.

Andy, you have watched him first hand each week, how much has he actually improved since he arrived? Is he ready to slay the dark side mentally challengeds?
to be fair I wouldn't say he has 'improved' that much purely because he was excellent from the very first game he played. There was a slight dip in form for a couple of games but that tied in with the rest of the team being out of form due to the off field problems happening. The last couple of games he has been back to his best. Looking at today's pictures from the pub crawl he may take to August to sober up ! Is he ready for you ? Hard to say as I don't see every game you play, but if you want someone just in front of your defence then he is your man.

Agree with you mate, but do hope Docherty gets a final chance ;)

No. I think Jamie’s limited mate & I personally don’t think he has what we are missing in the first team squad. My view of course.
He only got a couple of sub appearances for us plus a game in the Checkathingy trophy. I don't think the management were that impressed with him here. Seemed a decent lad though

I agreed with U on the other thread, but fighting with Jack for the shirt.
What I will say Jordan with that growing condition he had he's only 19. He needs to catch up 2 years basically.

I've never in all my life supporting Rangers wanted a player to succeed at the club.

Some supporter you are ! :))

I agree, really want Jordan to succeed at Rangers and I'd disagree with those that reckon he'll be sold in the summer. Gerrard knows his quality and we've seen it fleetingly, he was quality at Easter Road last season. I like Jack but think Rossiter may be better. We'll see.

for all we've seen him i like lad. there is a player there we've just seen very little of him. the first time i've read this thread oddly.just have'nt seen it.thanks andy.hope the boy does as good a job for us as he's obv done for you fellows. WATP

Farewell Jordan. Well what a game to go out. MOTM performance. Was given license to get forward more today and scored a 30 yarder! So yes he can play further forward. We are going to miss him next season. Thanks once again for the loan and hopefully he can be part of your title winning squad next season. Also, thanks for the friendly welcome on here, you are genuinely a decent set of fans.

Farewell Jordan. Well what a game to go out. MOTM performance. Was given license to get forward more today and scored a 30 yarder! So yes he can play further forward. We are going to miss him next season. Thanks once again for the loan and hopefully he can be part of your title winning squad next season. Also, thanks for the friendly welcome on here, you are genuinely a decent set of fans.
he was always touted as the next gerrard. i’m happy he helped yous gain promotion hopefully he returns and kicks on with us now

Back